Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Solicit for Shang-Chi #3. The Shang-Chi world tour continues as he faces Wolverine!

Interesting to see how Zheng Zu has so many offspring. Man got around! Cover is okay, but the haircut is a little too bang heavy for me. Still, should be interesting.
    Looks like we are going to see Shang match up with the other top marvel comic's top combatants.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Looks like we are going to see Shang match up with the other top marvel comic's top combatants.
    hopefully it goes better for Shang than that 1990s appearance, when he had a temporary tattoo.

Anybody else notice this pending hardcover book, with Shang on the cover?

https://www.dk.com/us/book/978074402...f-the-warrior/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You can use if you want to. I just personally don't. I've heard of Gary Stu, but i try my best to identify specific problema I have with characters

I agree with your second paragraph. For too long a lot of corporate executives acted like White men were the only bankable heroes. I hope this movie helps to boost Asian visibility in blockbuster type movies. It's not the only thing, but it's part of that
    There is already plenty of Asian visibility in Western media- ASIAN FEMALES with White male love interests ALWAYS!!!!

The problem is with Asian male visibility which NEEDS the boost in American media.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    There is already plenty of Asian visibility in Western media- ASIAN FEMALES with White male love interests ALWAYS!!!!

The problem is with Asian male visibility which NEEDS the boost in American media.
    I don't disagree with you, although, I don't think being a White male's love interest is great visibility. Actually having unattached Asian female leads seems far less common

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't disagree with you, although, I don't think being a White male's love interest is great visibility. Actually having unattached Asian female leads seems far less common
    "Unattached" female leads are GENERALLY far less common across all races.

Asian females with White male L.Is ALWAYS occur even when the Asian female is the lead in American made media so much so that it's a trope now from the very moment they cast an Asian female lead in an American movie-9.5 times out of 10 your sure bet that her L.I is a white boy.

If she's gay, then her best friend is a white guy.

Very many Asian American ladies have gotten leads in tv and movies in American media and tend to get cast muuuuch more recurringly in ensemble casts on American tv with white guys as the love of their existence.

How many Asian males did you see appear in Agents of Shield?...How many is Nikita? And in very many others.

Look at the current Kung Fu series on CW, she already has/had a white boyfriend. They think they can fool us with the Asian male martial arts instructor as a potential boyfriend....you can quote me on this....that ex-white boyfriend with get on screen swap spit time with Asian female lead. BET ON IT!

Its all that white guys powerful yellow fever fetishization.

Thank goodness for Bruce Lee, existence of Asian Cinema and now..... hopefully....SHANG-CHI.

Ultimate Member

"Unattached" female leads are GENERALLY far less common across all races.

Asian females with White male L.Is ALWAYS occur even when the Asian female is the lead in American made media so much so that it's a trope now from the very moment they cast an Asian female lead in an American movie-9.5 times out of 10 your sure bet that her L.I is a white boy.

Very many Asian American ladies have gotten leads in tv and movies in American media and tend to get cast muuuuch more recurringly in ensemble casts on American tv with white guys as the love of their existence.

How many Asian males did you see appear in Agents of Shield?...How many is Nikita? And in very many others.

Look at the current Kung Fu series on CW, she already has/had a white boyfriend. They think they can fool us with the Asian male martial arts instructor as a potential boyfriend....you can quote me on this....that ex-white boyfriend with get on screen swap spit time with Asian female lead. BET ON IT!

Thank goodness for Bruce Lee, existence of Asian Cinema and now..... hopefully....SHANG-CHI.
    Um, ok. I do think Asian male leads are way too few. But I wouldn't point to a few examples of Asian female leads amidst the far greater sea of White male ones. Both need more. It's just Asian male leads have gotten it much worse in many ways. Hopefully Hollywood begins to change its attitude

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by besouro View Post
    "unattached" female leads are generally far less common across all races.

Asian females with white male l.is always occur even when the asian female is the lead in american made media so much so that it's a trope now from the very moment they cast an asian female lead in an american movie-9.5 times out of 10 your sure bet that her l.i is a white boy.

Very many asian american ladies have gotten leads in tv and movies in american media and tend to get cast muuuuch more recurringly in ensemble casts on american tv with white guys as the love of their existence.

How many asian males did you see appear in agents of shield?...how many is nikita? And in very many others.

Look at the current kung fu series on cw, she already has/had a white boyfriend. They think they can fool us with the asian male martial arts instructor as a potential boyfriend....you can quote me on this....that ex-white boyfriend with get on screen swap spit time with asian female lead. Bet on it!

Thank goodness for bruce lee, existence of asian cinema and now..... Hopefully....shang-chi.
    Quoted.

For.

Truth.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Asian actors in general need more opportunities and better written roles. Many Asian female love interests fall into Dragon lady or exoticized fetish tropes. And that's when they aren't being killed off or losing to white love interests. Also, it has been very, very recent that we have seen a rise in Asian female leads and it still pales in comparison to how many Asian male leads we've had (let's not forget that action movies led by Asian actors tend to be male driven).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Asian actors in general need more opportunities and better written roles. Many Asian female love interests fall into Dragon lady or exoticized fetish tropes. And that's when they aren't being killed off or losing to white love interests. Also, it has been very, very recent that we have seen a rise in Asian female leads and it still pales in comparison to how many Asian male leads we've had (let's not forget that action movies led by Asian actors tend to be male driven).
    Yeah, it's not zero sum. The Hollywood stereotypes affecting Asian men are also somewhat different than those affecting Asian women.

Idk if this new Mortal Kombat will be successful or not, but considering it has several actors of Asian descent, hopefully that'll also help promote Asian guys as leads

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

And Hasbro Pulse has now unveiled the Marvel Legends Shang-Chi figure!

https://hasbropulse.com/products/mar...ings-shang-chi

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

fascinating.
    I presume figures 5 and 6 are not from the movie.
    Do Death Dealer and Xialing come from the comics?

bonus: connection between Shang and Quick Kick from GI Joe:

https://monzo12782.tumblr.com/post/4...morrison-wrote
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 04-25-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Ultimate Member

[tangent]The discovery by the white ex that he's got a dark secret that blows up her burgeoning relationship with him is being telegraphed so hard, too, at least as of episode 3. I'm just not sure if he's an actual bad guy, or it's going to all be a big misunderstanding to keep them apart for awhile, since either one seems trope-y.[/tangent]

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Hi, guys. About the Shang Chi movie:

It's obvious it's gonna make considerable money, since it's generating a lot of talking and that's a Marvel movie. How much do you think it's gonna make in the box office in the current situation?

I think ithe b.o. will be between $600M - $700M, but closer to $700M. That, imo, would already be great. Depending on its reception, the sky would be the limit for a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    bonus: connection between Shang and Quick Kick from GI Joe:

https://monzo12782.tumblr.com/post/4...morrison-wrote
    Marvel Legends and G.I. Joe Classified are the same 6" scale so when Quick Kick's figure comes out you can have a crossover with them as well.

More variant covers.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.