Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Some of the best variants I've seen lately.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Solicit for Shang-Chi #3. The Shang-Chi world tour continues as he faces Wolverine!

Interesting to see how Zheng Zu has so many offspring. Man got around! Cover is okay, but the haircut is a little too bang heavy for me. Still, should be interesting.
    I like how that cover is a take on Hulk 340 that had Hulk reflected in Logan's claws.

Zheng ain't the only one. Logan had a lot of kids...and was actually manipulated into killing a bunch of them in an arc in his book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Asian actors in general need more opportunities and better written roles. Many Asian female love interests fall into Dragon lady or exoticized fetish tropes. And that's when they aren't being killed off or losing to white love interests. Also, it has been very, very recent that we have seen a rise in Asian female leads and it still pales in comparison to how many Asian male leads we've had (let's not forget that action movies led by Asian actors tend to be male driven).
    We are talking about American movie/tv productions not Asian cinema. The "action movies led by Asian actors tend to be male driven" tat you speak off are predominantly made in Asia thus Asian Cinema and even then Asian cinema and tv have gone to great lengths to try and balance gender leads between me and women.

But we are talking about Western movie and tv productions here. Fact remains that Asian women get faaaaar more gigs by light years ahead of Asian me in Hollywood and on telly. This is incontestable!!!

U say many of the Asia female characters appear as dragon ladies but they also get an abundance of romance stories (with white guys as usual) including those with Asian females as leads.

And in many of such movies or tv shows..... somehow the Asian male characters are reduced to cameos or villains or utterly absent unless the movie or tv show is centred on some Asian culture like the current Kung Fu series and the Samurai girl series, etc.

Agents of Shield.....2 leading ad prominent Asian females. Asian males completely reduced to 2 minutes cameoes absent across MANY seasons.

Nikita....Asia female lead, Asian males cameos were all villains

You can start a tally if you want

You will notice that where Asian males characters show up, there are higher chances of seeing Asian female characters.

You mention how it's very recent for Asia females to get some prominence in Western productions....I disagree, I say it's rather the Asian males getting more prominence recently in Western productions outside of Bruce Lee ad imports of superstars from Asian cinema.

Anyways, it's just my opinion.

Back to Shang Chi.

Ultimate Member

Well, all are behind White men

Extraordinary Member

Delete reply.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-26-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

They're still going ahead with Silk being separate?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They're still going ahead with Silk being separate?
    I deleted that post.
    I was copying it and by a mistake posted it.
    Yes silk will be non canon to mcu.

Here is a idea.
    Read this.
    Is Venom secretly an MCU-adjacent film?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...adjacent_film/

Extraordinary Member

Update on comic Shang-Chi

Shang-Chi (Earth-616)
    Powers and Abilities
    Abilities
    Master Martial Artist: Shang Chi is one of the greatest martial artists on Earth, having been trained possibly since birth to become the ultimate warrior. Shang Chi is skilled in various martial arts with a particular specialization in the Chinese martial arts. He has been shown defeating multiple highly skilled opponents simultaneously as well as superhumans. His great strength and chi (qi) allows him to strike with inhuman force enabling him to break through barriers such as brick, concrete and iron, withstand physical impacts almost to a superhuman degree, and ease all forms of pain and discomfort. Shang has stalemated Iron Fist in single combat, with the two martial artists portrayed as equals while Black Panther stated Shang-Chi is better than Rand.
    Former Powers
    Powers
    Phoenix Force: During the Phoenix Force's tournament, Shang-Chi became empowered by a portion of its power. Shang-Chi gained superhuman strength, cosmic pyrokinesis and the ability to create a three-pronged staff out of cosmic energy. Due to the lack of darkness in Shang-Chi's soul, the Phoenix rejected him as a host, and disqualified him from the contest.

Origin Bomb Reproduction: By successfully communing with the Origin Bomb site in Kobe, Japan, Shang-Chi turned the site to his advantage and replicated himself. Dozens of Shang-Chi copies spawned from the Origin Bomb site in Kobe, each with his mind and skills. It was unclear if a finite number of Shang-Chi duplicates were produced, or if Shang-Chi could continue producing new copies on command. After this incident, Shang-Chi has not used this power since, suggesting that this was only a temporary superpower.
    Size Alteration: Shang-Chi temporarily used Pym Particles to grow to immense size or shrink to tiny proportions. The Particles would interact with the electrical impulses of his brain, creating an organism-wide "growth field" or "reducing field.

Spider Physiology: Shang-Chi was briefly infected by the Spider-Virus during the events of Spider-Island, giving him the same powers identical to those possessed by Spider-Man. When the virus further mutated him into a humanoid spider, exposure from Iron Fist's Chi cured Shang-Chi of the virus, causing him to lose his powers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I deleted that post.
    I was copying it and by a mistake posted it.
    Yes silk will be non canon to mcu.

Here is a idea.
    Read this.
    Is Venom secretly an MCU-adjacent film?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...adjacent_film/
    Ok. I was hoping she'd be part of the MCU

In the MCU do you think Shang-chi will get to keep the 10-Rings at the end of the movie?

Certainly an avenue for him to punch above his weight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post
    In the MCU do you think Shang-chi will get to keep the 10-Rings at the end of the movie?

It would be cool if he did. Idk if he will though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post

hmm.. we'll see. Hopefully Wenwu gets to continue in other movies, as a villain for Marvel in general, not just Shang. But of course, eventually it should be Shang who gives him the final defeat.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm.. we'll see. Hopefully Wenwu gets to continue in other movies, as a villain for Marvel in general, not just Shang. But of course, eventually it should be Shang who gives him the final defeat.
    Maybe he can be the final villain in an Agents of Atlas movie/show

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I know I'm annoying, lol. But (again) do you guys have predictions about the possible box office for the movie? Is the (bad?) reception of the trailer by China a problem? Or is it too early to make a predction?

Thanks.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I know I'm annoying, lol. But (again) do you guys have predictions about the possible box office for the movie? Is the (bad?) reception of the trailer by China a problem? Or is it too early to make a predction?

Thanks.
    I think it's probably too early. Then again, I have no idea how any of it works!