Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

well, now that the Richard Dragon/Batman cartoon is out (yes, I know it's DC), hopefully that will whet the appetite for when Shang Chi eventually comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    In any case, what did you guys think? And where does Shang go from here?
    Maybe Shangi-Chi vs Agents of Atlas mini in the second half of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe Shangi-Chi vs Agents of Atlas mini in the second half of the year?
    ...........Not just yet. I could see Shang-Chi still working as a member of the Agents with the Five Weapons Society serving as a back up. I'd actually like to see Esme be an older sister to Crescent. (I'd like to see Pei be an older sister too actually. I could see all three forming sisterly bonds within the Agents).

Honestly, I'd like to see Shang's group take on the Hand. I've always said that Shang's father had to crossed paths with the Hand in the past. It'd be cool to see both of the groups fight for dominance, not just within Asia, but throughout the world.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Here we go folks, one of my favorite scenes from Shang-Chi #5 courtesy of CBR : (https://www.cbr.com/shang-chi-catches-speeding-bullet/)

Yes, Shang-Chi can catch a bullet. I know that Cap and Spider-Man have fast reaction speeds and can perceive a bullet. But to actually catch one? Shang is proving himself to be a force in the MU right now!
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Here we go folks, one of my favorite scenes from Shang-Chi #5 courtesy of CBR : (https://www.cbr.com/shang-chi-catches-speeding-bullet/)

Yes, Shang-Chi can catch a bullet. I know that Cap and Spider-Man have fast reaction speeds and can perceive a bullet. But to actually catch one? Shang is proving himself to be a force in the MU right now!
    hmm.. his power stunts have to be updated for his role playing game statistics. Very cool.

Are there Shang Chi foes who have other specific combat disciplines, who focus exclusively on:
    American boxing; Krav Maga; Capoeira; South Asian styles; Tae Kwon Do, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm.. his power stunts have to be updated for his role playing game statistics. Very cool.

Are there Shang Chi foes who have other specific combat disciplines, who focus exclusively on:
    American boxing; Krav Maga; Capoeira; South Asian styles; Tae Kwon Do, etc.?
    Hey Hypestyle. I'm unsure of that. All of his foes were martial arts experts, but which martial arts was never described. Think it would be great though to see.

As for this week, we had Shang-Chi appear in two comics this week! Avengers #42:

And "The Legend of Shang-Chi #1":

Now, there was room for improvement in both issues. But they were definitely decent showings. Seeing Shang's inner monologue in Avengers #42 was great. His description of what REALLY goes into his punch was spot on. He has a very keen sense of body mechanics and perception. A punch isn't just a punch for Shang. Also, his fight with Lady Deathstrike was pretty cool as well. Liked this scene:

Still, I felt it was lacking in a way. The dialogue was functional. And while you never really see Shang take on someone like Lady Deathstrike, I'm expecting him to go against creepy-ass, old school 90s looking Lady Deathstrike. That would have set up more of a contrast.

In the end though, Shang got exposure and showed off martial arts skills in both issues. Good reads!
    "I am a man of peace."

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Any idea if The Legend of Shang Chi will be an ongoing? I’d buy the next issue if that’s a thing?

Shang Chi sure has a lot of different costumes. Is he trying to make Wasp jealous?

Y'know, I was reading Legend of Shang-Chi last night. Slowly warming up to it. Again, I'm drawn to this image:

Now I still wish Shang went up against old school Lady Deathstrike rather than new one:

Seriously, doesn't that seem a lot more menacing? But Shang appeared to be in the underdog position. Badass Lady Deathstrike has fought Wolverine. She's maimed Sunfire. At first glance, what is Shang compared to those two? But he persists. He counters not with an offensive weapon but with his defensive bracelets. Remind me of the iron rings, which is a training tool in Chinese martial arts:

And some of those techniques he uses, those look like real Kung Fu techniques. Noticed a couple of leopard paws and snake strikes there. So, y'know, Shang had a pretty decent showing in this issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Any idea if The Legend of Shang Chi will be an ongoing? I’d buy the next issue if that’s a thing?
    Looked like a one-shot to me with possibly setting up something for future one-shot or mini.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Bro...............this is good. Shang's history was condensed here in a cool and stylish package. It really got to the core of Shang. His training, his affiliation with his father, his membership with the other teams, all of that is impressive. Nice!

In other news, yesterday should have been the premiere of Shang-Chi and the Legend of The Ten Rings. If everything went on schedule, Black Widow would have come out in the spring and then Shang-Chi would come out now. It would have been apropos since yesterday was the start of the Chinese New Year. Check out what Simu Liu had to say about it here: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256...-fitting-tweet
    "I am a man of peace."

Fantastic Member

Did Shang laser-off his 90s arm tattoos?
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Did Shang laser-off his 90s arm tattoos?
    I vaguely remember a follow-up, possibly in the Heroes for Hire late 90s series, where that was addressed, as temporary tattoos, for an undercover mission that wasn't elaborated upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I vaguely remember a follow-up, possibly in the Heroes for Hire late 90s series, where that was addressed, as temporary tattoos, for an undercover mission that wasn't elaborated upon.
    To elaborate that was from one of the last issues of the 90s Heroes for Hire run. The Cat asks Shang about it and Shang gives this response:

Threw a little bit of shade on The Cat for good measure. Nice .
    "I am a man of peace."