Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

So now he has connections to Iron Man, Hulk and Dr. Strange in the MCU, and possibly Ant-Man although that's not confirmed. One of these characters could possibly show up in a post-credits scene

What's the connection to Antman? Is Jimmy Woo rumoured to be in this movie? That would be awesome.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What's the connection to Antman? Is Jimmy Woo rumoured to be in this movie? That would be awesome.
    Just people mentioning the first trailer bus scene being in San Francisco, but that's a massive reach. Although Woo and Shang were both in AoA, so it would be cool if Shang encountered him as well as someone from the Ant-family

Issue two of this was as good if not better than issue 1. LOVED modok here. lol. Betrayal, amazing art, action, great colors. I'm fastly becoming a shang chi fan. 10/10 for this one. lol cap got played but i got played too cause didn't expect that. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Issue two of this was as good if not better than issue 1. LOVED modok here. lol. Betrayal, amazing art, action, great colors. I'm fastly becoming a shang chi fan. 10/10 for this one. lol cap got played but i got played too cause didn't expect that. lol
    Quoted for truth bro. Just finished it myself. What an issue, just great on so many levels. I'll give a more thorough post later, but I wanted to point out how Shang is settling into his position as Supreme Commander. I see his leadership. I also see the tension with that leadership.

Also Ruan's art was super on point here. Just dynamic action throughout the issue. He must be reading the thread since I discussed before how there were few kicks in the first Shang-Chi miniseries. Now, we've a ton! Great job!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I read the second issue and thought it was fun. If they want to get a head start on the second film, this feels like a good place to start.

Having Shang-Chi become a spy-fi or spy-fantasy series is a way to have a middle ground between the spy stuff Shang Chi is known for and the fantasy elements he adopted in the film and recent mini series.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-30-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Enjoyed issue 2 a lot but it felt like the plot resolved itself too quickly. Feels a bit too early to pull a betrayal-type thing as well. The dialogue and characterization was on point though.

I'm little torn about Shang Chi trailer, the movie look very good but in same time, that very different of the comics, that already been said, but I think lot of peoples wanted the Bruce mix with James Bond, there are stille some elements of that, but imho not enough; in fact this trailer is far more fantasy that the previous ones; I understand that Marvel need to give some powers to their first asian lead superhero, I suppose that the reason Captain Marvel have been done before Black Widows, but I really would have loved to have a pure martial art movie and an hommage to Bruce Lee, specially after the insult from tarantino.

I understand Marvel, that really complicated to do that, for example you need the best of the best for the role for a pure martial arts movie inspired by Bruce Lee, that extremely hard to find this, also this movie is clearly a mix between Shang Chi and the Mandarin, so that normal to have lot of fantasy elements, but I think that look like too much "Iron Fist", in fact I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Marvel have transformed an Iron Fist script for this movie, also I'm not fan of the "zen' elements with his mother and Michelle Yeoh.

I hope to have a more martial art style for the next movie, specially if they want to introduce The Cat (or make a tv show for Disney for him, that would be awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Enjoyed issue 2 a lot but it felt like the plot resolved itself too quickly. Feels a bit too early to pull a betrayal-type thing as well. The dialogue and characterization was on point though.
    Was the betrayal too quick? Maybe. Out of all of the new characters introduced to the Shang-Chi mythos, Brother Sabre to be the most good natured and loyal. Seeing him steal that Cosmic Cube behind Shang-Chi's back was a little out of nowhere. Still, there is a reason behind that. Brother Sabre is loyal to the Five Weapons Society. He wants what's best for them. I'm interested in seeing where this will go.

Overall, definitely enjoyed this issue. Just a lot to enjoy. Here are my takeaways:

- There was a lot of good set up in this issue. By set up, I mean ideas that paid off later in the issue. There were humorous set up's like the Hydra agent with the throat injury who was punched later by Brother Sabre. Or Brother Sabre informing Shang not to drink the wine lest he end up like one of the Inner Demons. There was also set up involving the relationship between Brother Sabre and Lady Iron Fan. So Gene really prepared things in this issue.

- Great story beats here. Shang is still learning to be the leader of a criminal organization. He's navigating the criminal underworld world and picking up its intricacies, like the aforementioned wine scene. Talking with the Hydra and AIM folks was cool. His talk with Madame Hydra and M.O.D.O.K. reminded me that this is the Marvel Universe. And Shang is becoming a key player in it. Indeed, in the midst of all these characters with all of these powers, there's Shang. Yes, he has the Five Weapons Society, but ultimately he just has his Kung Fu as his superpower. And that is all he needs.

- Awesome fight scene featuring Cap. Dike's art is really on point here. Very energetic and lively. Loved how Cap and Shang both used the shield. I also liked how the relationship between the two is based off of mutual respect but may soon be strained due to Brother Sabre's betrayal.

- So who is talking with all of these enemies? I'm getting a sense that it could be Black Jack Tarr.

Anyway, this was a strong issue. Really loved it. Can't wait for Shang's mutant sister to appear next issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Was the betrayal too quick? Maybe. Out of all of the new characters introduced to the Shang-Chi mythos, Brother Sabre to be the most good natured and loyal. Seeing him steal that Cosmic Cube behind Shang-Chi's back was a little out of nowhere. Still, there is a reason behind that. Brother Sabre is loyal to the Five Weapons Society. He wants what's best for them. I'm interested in seeing where this will go.
    Kind of, I get the logic but I would have liked to see the "status quo" of Shang Chi building up his organization before things start to go wrong within. Good analysis though, made me like the issue more.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Agreed. This was my second all 10’s review for Comic-Watch.

Incredible Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/02/ma...hi-who-ya-got/

Marvel striking while the iron is hot.
    Issue 3 (unlettered) preview.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 07-02-2021 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Looking really cool. Can't wait for the Shang vs Wolverine fight .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Looking very nice here. I like this premise, of someone who can turn music into something solid. We've seen this before with Klaw or Songbird, but there seems something elegant here. Again, Ruan is impressing me with the Wolverine vs. Shang-Chi fight. Finally, I'm digging the appearance of Shang's sister. She seems oddly similar to the figure from the trailer. Maybe we're seeing that sister here in the comics?

Looking forward to this issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

It has been a year since the announcement that Marvel would continue with the 3rd volume of Master of Kung Fu Epic Collection Traitors to the Crown). It collects 54-79 and it was suppose to be published November 2020. Has there been updates on this collection. As of the latest Marvel solicitations it is still not listed.