Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

So...with regards to the movie...does anyone know if Sir Ben Kingsley has been seen on set? I know that the Iron Man 3 Mandarin twist is to say the least divisive. However I do think we should get some sort of payoff from it. Trevor's execution? His head floating in a jar?? A throw away line about an 'imbecilic, British imposter'???

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So...with regards to the movie...does anyone know if Sir Ben Kingsley has been seen on set? I know that the Iron Man 3 Mandarin twist is to say the least divisive. However I do think we should get some sort of payoff from it. Trevor's execution? His head floating in a jar?? A throw away line about an 'imbecilic, British imposter'???
    I haven't heard any news of him confirmed to be on set. But I'd be cool with him showing up for a funny moment. I say this as someone who isn't the biggest IM3 fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    It has been a year since the announcement that Marvel would continue with the 3rd volume of Master of Kung Fu Epic Collection Traitors to the Crown). It collects 54-79 and it was suppose to be published November 2020. Has there been updates on this collection. As of the latest Marvel solicitations it is still not listed.
    Unsure of that bro. All I know is that the individual issues have been released on Comixology. Me, I read the series that way. The letters section is quite fascinating. You'd be surprised which comic book creators were reading Shang-Chi back in the past!

Totally expect there to be a sight gag relating to Trevor. Gotta be a bit more than just a throw away line, but less gruesome than a head floating in a jar.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I think it's be in a post-credits scene. The Mandarin will be dead, his organization destroyed, and the after credits will cut to Trevor in a cell asking to be let out but there is no one to hear him. "Hello? Hellooooo?? Someone bloody let me out of here!" or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I think it's be in a post-credits scene. The Mandarin will be dead, his organization destroyed, and the after credits will cut to Trevor in a cell asking to be let out but there is no one to hear him. "Hello? Hellooooo?? Someone bloody let me out of here!" or something to that effect.
    Ha sounds just about right. That would make for an excellent scene. Hoping there's that Easter egg.

Wanted to share an EW article featuring Simu Liu. Simu Liu, Shang Chi, it's all getting real now. Simu is now on the cover:

Here is a link to the article: https://ew.com/movies/simu-liu-cover...end-ten-rings/

Favorite part is this. In the midst of anti-Asian racism throughout the world, "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" stands prominently and wears its Asian-ness on its sleeve. According to Simu, perhaps the movie can be the counter to recent acts of violence and discrimination:
    But 2021 also finds Asian Americans at a point of crisis. Fueled by the COVID-19 pandemic and an onslaught of xenophobic political invective, the community has experienced a surge in reported hate crimes. Racial slurs, Asian-owned businesses vandalized, the elderly assaulted on the street. Can a superhero address Asian America's real-life ills?

"When the world is telling us, 'We hate you because you're Asian, we hate you because we think you brought this virus to the world'... we need to kind of meet that with an equal and opposing force," says Liu. "That is celebration. That is joy. That is pride. It's hard enough to celebrate being Asian in normal times. But now, when the whole world is kind of coming down, with all this rhetoric and people getting attacked on the street, you really need to deliberately try to celebrate Asian-ness. And that's what I think this movie is — a celebration of our culture."
    Crossing the deadly hands that Shang Chi can change attitudes on a number of different fronts.
    "I am a man of peace."

Personally, I hope that we see Trevor Slattery used as a stand-in/fall guy within the Ten Rings. Wenwu is a guy who has been running a huge crime ring since before Iron Man. He's big time. And the heroes have no idea he exists. Magic gods with all-seeing eyes, century old super soldiers, spies and super wizards, nobody seems to have the real Mandarin on their radar. And I want part of the reason for that to be because Wenwu uses agents and fakes to confuse his trail; you think you finally got the Mandarin and took down his crime ring, but all you really got was a well trained actor and one small part of the real empire. And not like "body double" fakes, but different aliases and faces and names, all assumed at one point or another to be the true big boss.

And sure, Slattery was exposed in the end of Iron Man 3, but there's that short film where the inmates still treat him like the Mandarin, assuming that "Trevor" is the role, so it could work.

Don't want Slattery to have a big role of any kind, but when the actors are doing their exposition, explaining the rules and the setting, I want Slattery to be used as the visual representation to make sure everyone gets the "fall guy" angle. Couple minutes on screen, a few lines, and that's it. Maybe a non-speaking background appearance or two afterward, if there's a gathering.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-06-2021 at 07:19 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

will there be a red carpet premiere for the film?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    will there be a red carpet premiere for the film?
    Here’s hoping. Actually with all of the buzz around it, I’d be surprised if it didn’t happen.

Found Kevin Feige’s interview concerning Marvel phase 4. Wow this guy’s a real fan at heart. Really shows in the movies. Check out the beginning of the clip as he talks about the beginnings of a Shang Chi movie. Very impressed that the guy in charge of the MCU is not only talking about Shang Vhi, but really passionate about the character and Simu Liu as well:

"I am a man of peace."

So we know they did marvel and transformers crossovers and cameos in the 80s transformers comic before marvel took it and gijoe out of canon. (not sure why. If shogun warriors can be canon why not transformers?) Things get more confusing with circuit breaker showing up in secret wars 2 and not only that talking about transformer shockwave in the issue and the issue telling you transformers 5 is canon. (oops!) Death head had to catch a ride with dr who to get to the marvel universe but circuit breaker just is there.

Gijoe only had two main marvel cameos. JJ in a issue of gijoe and hawk in a issue of spider-man. (so another in universe cameo) Other then that not much ties with marvel.

What the heck does any of this have to do with shang chi? Turns out there was a third! Marvel uk gijoe comic (retitled action force) did a in universe crossover with shang chi! This short story also brings up iron fist and other heroes as well! So a rare but neat crossover with quick kick learning shang chi's history and a third "oops" transformers and gijoe canon issue marvel ignored later!

Here are some of the pages of action force 17. Pretty neat having shang chi in a issue of gijoe!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Note the writer. It's THAT Grant Morrison.

Sorry for the delays all. Been busy at home. Here are some interesting Shang-Chi tidbits in the last few weeks:

Michelle Yeoh reveals she's the guardian of a "mystical city" in the film. Instantly thought of K'un L'un here:

https://collider.com/shang-chi-miche...-marvel-movie/

Benedict Wong professes pride on being part of the "Asian Avengers" in the film:
    https://collider.com/shang-chi-bened...ange-2-improv/

As an aside, some comments on YouTube have been pushing for the Abomination to be part of the Valentina Contessa Allegra de Fontaine's Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers group. Maybe that's the end credits scene for Shang-Chi?
    "I am a man of peace."

October solicitation for Shang-Chi #5:

GENE LUEN YANG (W) • DIKE RUAN (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Variant Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    MEET THE NEW IRON MAN...SHANG-CHI?!
    A weapons dealer offers up a stolen Iron Man suit to Shang-Chi’s organization.
    But will Shang-Chi take it to use in his war against crime?
    And what will Tony Stark have to say about it?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Martial arts in a teched out suit of armor? Okay .

Ultimate Member

How exactly would he use an Iron suit?

Hopefully they will there will be at least a passing mention of Stark having fought a martial artist with powerful chi-channeling abilities many times. I'm hoping they won't act like this is something new to Stark, as that would really make me roll my eyes.