Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Shang-Chi Can Beat Iron Man & Hulk In Battle says Actor & Causes Outrage

We did folks.

That's right, Shang-Chi will become an ongoing series this May. Check out the article at Marvel: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...w-comic-series

Here are some excerpts from the article:

After the events of his latest series, Shang-Chi has finally taken his place as the leader of the Five Weapons Society but using an evil secret organization as a force for good won’t be easy. And it’s about to get a lot harder when Shang-Chi’s fellow super heroes from Spider-Man to the X-Men to the Avengers, start to question his motives! Don’t miss what happens when Shang-Chi and his newfound family of warriors collide with the Marvel Universe’s biggest heroes!

“I'm very, very thankful for all the support that we got for the Shang-Chi miniseries. I mean, the first two issues sold out,” Yang said. “I'm thrilled that we get to continue the story of Shang-Chi and his siblings in the Five Weapons Society. We're going to show how Shang-Chi's brand-new role affects the rest of the Marvel Universe. We'll have him interact with old friends and new foes... and even old friends who become new foes. Dike Ruan and I are already hard at work. The stuff I've seen from Dike so far has been his best yet.”

Through their expansive world-building in their previous series, Yang and Ruan have successfully modernized Shang-Chi for a new age. Don’t miss the next revolutionary story in his saga when SHANG-CHI #1 hits stands on May 19.
    Now, I had my issues with the previous miniseries. You can see my past posts about that. But the series set a good foundation for Shang as well as potential storylines. Said this before, Shang has now become a key player in the Marvel Universe. Being leader of Five Weapons Society, essentially his father's position, he has earned a lot of attention. Whether Cap, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and everyone else see him as a force for good or evil, that has to be seen.

Keeping the deadly hands of Kung Fu crossed with this folks!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

If another Marvel vs Capcom game is made, Shang-Chi would be an excellent addition

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    If another Marvel vs Capcom game is made, Shang-Chi would be an excellent addition
    I felt he should have been in Marvel video games long ago. Surprised it took so long. oh well.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Rare appearance of Shang Chi's brother, Midnight Sun in this week's issue of Iron Fist

Glad that it is same team working on new title.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    We did folks.

That's right, Shang-Chi will become an ongoing series this May. Check out the article at Marvel: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...w-comic-series

Here are some excerpts from the article:

Now, I had my issues with the previous miniseries. You can see my past posts about that. But the series set a good foundation for Shang as well as potential storylines. Said this before, Shang has now become a key player in the Marvel Universe. Being leader of Five Weapons Society, essentially his father's position, he has earned a lot of attention. Whether Cap, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and everyone else see him as a force for good or evil, that has to be seen.

Keeping the deadly hands of Kung Fu crossed with this folks!
    This is honestly overdue with Shang-Chi being called the Master of Kung-Fu and one of Marvel's best martial artists. Okay, I need to catch up on his recent series but I really like the sound of this, although a small part of me was hoping the people he faced were more martial arts or hand to hand focused. I really wonder how he's supposed to fight Ben Grimm, Carol and Thor. But I am excited to check it out.

If I have one fear, it's that it doesn't go as bad as Shadowland. But I don't think the set-up is there.

Incredible Member

Honestly wasn't expecting an ongoing as opposed to another mini because when it's all said and done you'll probably end up with roughly the same amount of issues either way but i'll probably be picking this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This is honestly overdue with Shang-Chi being called the Master of Kung-Fu and one of Marvel's best martial artists. Okay, I need to catch up on his recent series but I really like the sound of this, although a small part of me was hoping the people he faced were more martial arts or hand to hand focused. I really wonder how he's supposed to fight Ben Grimm, Carol and Thor. But I am excited to check it out.

If I have one fear, it's that it doesn't go as bad as Shadowland. But I don't think the set-up is there.
    May I ask what you mean by this please?

however many issues it lasts, as long as they have a confrontation between Shang and Logan where Shang wins, it will be worth it.

So, that the trailer for Mortal kombat, I think that could be a direct competitor to Shang Chi, that look very good:

Hey Blind Wedjat, are you referring to the part of Shadowland when Matt succumbed to the darkness? If so, the previous miniseries established that as a possibility. Shang could become his father. At the same time, the series also established a way of redemption. There was this scene with his uncle:

Looks as though the series could go a little Star Wars here, as Shang strives to bring balance. We've seen how well that turned out with Daredevil and Shadowland. Will it happen with Shang? That's the question I hope the series answers.
    "I am a man of peace."

New solicit for the Shang-Chi series in the Marvel May solicitations. The series is already tackling the other heroes' suspicion concerning Shang's control of the Five Weapons Society:

Shang-Chi and his family are back! And this time, they’re colliding head-to-head with the Marvel Universe’s biggest heroes! Shang-Chi has finally taken his place as the leader of the Five Weapons Society. But using an evil secret organization as a force for good won’t be easy. And it’s about to get a lot harder when Shang-Chi’s fellow super heroes, like the Amazing Spider-Man, start to see him as the bad guy! Gene Luen Yang and Dike Ruan return to bring you the next chapter of this Marvel legend!
    Spider-Man as the first guest star is a good choice. Spidey is Shang's student. Shang helped Spider-Man hone his Way of the Spider technique. So, you'll have a sifu/disciple tension going on there.
    Plus it'll be cool to see Dike Ruan do renditions of Spider-folk again:

Also, a bunch of variant covers are coming out for Shang-Chi #1. This is my favorite. Very wiry and sketchy:

"I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    So, that the trailer for Mortal kombat, I think that could be a direct competitor to Shang Chi, that look very good:

Ha, think it could be the opposite. Mortal Kombat sets the audience up for more martial arts films led by Asian men. Shang-Chi would be riding that wave.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Spider-Man as the first guest star is a good choice. Spidey is Shang's student. Shang helped Spider-Man hone his Way of the Spider technique. So, you'll have a sifu/disciple tension going on there.
    Plus it'll be cool to see Dike Ruan do renditions of Spider-folk again:
    is the writer even inclined to remember that Shang trained Spider-Man at one point? seems like it's completely forgotten in canon at this point.