Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Excellent news. the armor can be customized to respond to shang's fighting styles. It can be given non-lethal gadgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How exactly would he use an Iron suit?
    Easy. Like a badass 😉.

Seriously though, I expect Shang to be doing all of his Kung Fu but just more enhanced. I expect his kicks and punches to be faster and stronger. Maybe he’ll give some cool jumps and leaps. I’d prefer that. If it’s Shang flying around shooting repulsor rays, eh, wouldn’t be the best.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Seriously though, I expect Shang to be doing all of his Kung Fu but just more enhanced. I expect his kicks and punches to be faster and stronger.
    The best analogy for me would be imagine Shang with bionics, but on the outside.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Easy. Like a badass ��.

Seriously though, I expect Shang to be doing all of his Kung Fu but just more enhanced. I expect his kicks and punches to be faster and stronger. Maybe he’ll give some cool jumps and leaps. I’d prefer that. If it’s Shang flying around shooting repulsor rays, eh, wouldn’t be the best.
    I guess a Kung Fu Iron suit could be cool.

Ultimate Member

So Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man. Who's next, Thor? The Hulk? Captain Marvel seems like the inevitable badass lady for him to end up kinda/sorta going against/working with, but I'd much rather it was Invisible Woman or the Wasp, one of the original lady badasses...

Might be nice to see some of his Agents of Atlas allies get dragged into this 'Shang takes over his dad's crime-organization' like Jimmy Woo, White Fox, Aero or Wave. (Or Raz Malhotra, who we never see enough of, IMO.)

Jimmy Woo kind of just went through Shang's current arc in his *last* Agents of Atlas run, though, when he took over 'Master Plan's' Atlas Foundation, so there could be some useful advice / support to be offered.

Ultimate Member

Easy. Like a badass ��.

I would actually prefer if Shang can't quite do the flexible acrobatics he's used to, is 'over-hitting' everything with too much force and not enough precision, and can't adjust to not feeling the air on his body and various other micro-sensations he uses to maintain situational awareness, and so ends up kind of hating the armor because it 'slows him down,' for all it's amazing power. He'd rather be a scalpel, than a battleship, a dancer, and not a rampaging bull elephant.

All-New Member

o it's just as plausible it's modern day

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would actually prefer if Shang can't quite do the flexible acrobatics he's used to, is 'over-hitting' everything with too much force and not enough precision, and can't adjust to not feeling the air on his body and various other micro-sensations he uses to maintain situational awareness, and so ends up kind of hating the armor because it 'slows him down,' for all it's amazing power. He'd rather be a scalpel, than a battleship, a dancer, and not a rampaging bull elephant.
    Except it has been emphasized multiple times in Iron Man that the nanotech chainmail of the armor does not inhibit agility in any way, allowing for extremely agile moves and calligraphy writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man. Who's next, Thor? The Hulk? Captain Marvel seems like the inevitable badass lady for him to end up kinda/sorta going against/working with, but I'd much rather it was Invisible Woman or the Wasp, one of the original lady badasses...

Might be nice to see some of his Agents of Atlas allies get dragged into this 'Shang takes over his dad's crime-organization' like Jimmy Woo, White Fox, Aero or Wave. (Or Raz Malhotra, who we never see enough of, IMO.)

Jimmy Woo kind of just went through Shang's current arc in his *last* Agents of Atlas run, though, when he took over 'Master Plan's' Atlas Foundation, so there could be some useful advice / support to be offered.
    To be fair, Shang-Chi will be meeting with the Fantastic Four in issue #4. I'm hoping that Shang gets to meet the rest of the Agents. A lot has changed since the last Agents of Atlas series. Shang has achieved great power and is head of his father's organization. How does White Fox and the Korean Tiger Division, or Wave and the rest of the Triumph Division view that? How does Jimmy Woo view that? How does the Chinese government feel about that? (There have got to be some ties between The Five Weapons Society and some elements within the Chinese government. Shang's father's influence runs deep, probably with certain members of the CCP. Or maybe even the superhuman elements of the CCP. Maybe we get a cameo from Radioactive Man?)

But let's think bigger. With Shang as head of the Five Weapons Society, that makes him a big leader. How big? He's got to meet with other heads of state. Shang has to pay a visit to T'Challa in Wakanda. He'd probably seek T'Challa's advice when it comes to leadership. Maybe he visits Dr. Doom in Latveria. Or Namor in Atlantis. Or Storm on Planet Arrako. Again, just many possibilities here.
    "I am a man of peace."

Remember folks, Shan-Chi #3 comes out this Wednesday, 7/28. Here are the lettered preview pages:

"I am a man of peace."

That's a great pic of Wolverine! Looks like Zhilan is using not just mystical power, but a mutant power as well!
    "I am a man of peace."

Great variant cover from Peach Momoko!

"I am a man of peace."

Looking exciting .

As an aside, went to my local mall's Hot Topic and saw this:

Which compelled me to Google more Shang Chi apparel. Wow, there are lots of shirts featuring out resident Master of Kung Fu!

Again, just another reminder that Shang is moving up in terms of visibility!
    "I am a man of peace."

Ultimate Member

I love how Marvel is *finally* stepping up to the plate in coming up with branding imagery for these characters. So many of the DC classics have noticeable 'brands' (usually slapped right onto their chest, like a big red S, black bat, golden W, green lantern or jagged lightning bolt) but a fair number of Marvel characters, not so easy to slap a 'brand' on the T-shirt that says 'the Hulk,' or, particularly, lesser-pushed characters like Shang-Chi.

These ten encircling and interconnected rings seem like a neat symbol (even if they might only exist as such for this one movie, about the Ten Rings organization specifically, as well as Shang), and not nearly so 'generically Asian' as a yin/yang symbol or something.