Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Well well, look who was at the red carpet but the other Mandarin!

https://twitter.com/shangchi/status/1427444688798195728

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Been reading the first initial reactions of the Shang-Chi film. They have been overwhelmingly positive to say the least. I was going to post some YouTube clips, but honestly just search Shang-Chi on YouTube and you'll find them.

Me, I'm glad to hear. At the same time, I don't want to watch that many. Some person may drop a spoiler. Furthermore, I don't want to overhype myself. I'll make the final call when I see the movie.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I really can’t wait to see this movie. Even with Covid being a problem I think the world is really going to respond positively to Shang-Chi.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I haven't looked forward to a MCU movie this much since Black Panther. This will definitely be a multiple watch for me. I also love that fan in the picture cosplaying with Shang-Chi's new comic outfit.

November solicitation for Shang-Chi:

GENE LUEN YANG (W) • DIKE RUAN (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Variant cover by Michael Cho • Variant cover by Doaly
    SHANG-CHI VS THOR!
    For several months, Shang-Chi has reintegrated himself into the Marvel Universe by bumping heads with the likes of Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine, the Fantastic Four, and Iron Man. And each time, he has proven to be the unstoppable force his father trained him to be. But his dad never taught him how to defeat a god...
    Don't miss the end of the first arc, Shang-Chi vs. The Marvel Universe!!!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it'll be interesting to compare their dynamic to how it is in the comics and how Mandarin is traditionally depicted.
    How the Mandarin is traditionally depicted can be summed up by this quote:
    "To know that you are superior-- in mind, in body, in spirit. That is everything! To know that power is your birthright-- to know what untold thousands exist on this world for no reason but to serve you-- to channel their powers through your empire, be it of land or of business-- channeling it upward to fuel you, to fuel your glory!"

He's basically the embodiment of social darwinism, Ayn Randian predation, and aristocratic entitlement. He's the end product of centuries of breeding, the ultimate warrior and aristocrat before whom all should bow or be crushed beneath his iron fists.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    November solicitation for Shang-Chi:

Yeah, nothing quite like fighting Thor to put things into perspective...

I know I've said this before but I think giving Mandarin to Shang Chi has to be one of the best changes the MCU made.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I know I've said this before but I think giving Mandarin to Shang Chi has to be one of the best changes the MCU made.
    I think combining Mandarin and Shang's dad will work out surprisingly well, but I still want to see Mandarin fight Iron Man...

Ultimate Member

Maybe he'll fight Ironheart?

Excellent clip from the upcoming movie:

Loving this! Always said that the Kung Fu had to be an integral part of the film. I’m seeing real techniques displayed here. That elbow strike reminds me of Baji. The opening punch is found across dozens of Kung Fu styles. At the same time I’m seeing homages to Jackie Chan and his brand of dynamic stunts. Honestly haven’t been this inspired from a action flick in a long time.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Excellent clip from the upcoming movie:

Loving this! Always said that the Kung Fu had to be an integral part of the film. I’m seeing real techniques displayed here. That elbow strike reminds me of Baji. The opening punch is found across dozens of Kung Fu styles. At the same time I’m seeing homages to Jackie Chan and his brand of dynamic stunts. Honestly haven’t been this inspired from a action flick in a long time.
    The Master of Kung Fu makes his public debut .

Simu Liu auditioned for ‘Shang-Chi’ by pulling off the ‘Black Widow’ Pose: https://www.slashfilm.com/simu-liu-a...ck-widow-pose/

Okay, now the guy has won me over

On a more serious note: In the clip Tien Long posted I did notice that he did much of the fight scene himself without relying on a stunt double which should be a good sign for the fight scenes in the movie.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Simu Liu auditioned for ‘Shang-Chi’ by pulling off the ‘Black Widow’ Pose: https://www.slashfilm.com/simu-liu-a...ck-widow-pose/

On a more serious note: In the clip Tien Long posted I did notice that he did much of the fight scene himself without relying on a stunt double which should be a good sign for the fight scenes in the movie.
    I didn't notice that. That's cool

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

Ha, thanks for the shout out bro. Yeah, I noticed that as well. It appeared that Simu did most of the fight scenes himself. Very impressed with what he accomplished. He had a good 6 months of training to get that down and it shows.
    "I am a man of peace."