Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is the writer even inclined to remember that Shang trained Spider-Man at one point? seems like it's completely forgotten in canon at this point.
    Ha, well , no Gene doesn't have to pick up those story beats. But it would be difficult to gloss over, no? There's a lot of prominent evidence concerning Shang and Spider-Man's time training together:

Slott referred back to it during his run on Amazing Spider-Man:

The training between Spider-Man and Shang is established. Me, I'm looking out for the little details that are a part of this relationship. Spider-Man has got to call Shang "sifu" or "shifu" when they meet. Bet there would be some witty barbs between Pete and Esme as well.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

To be honest, I think Yang just wanted an excuse to write Spider-Man .

Might not even be Yang, it is not rare to see established guest stars in first few issues of new ongoing.

Y'know, with all of this talk about surprises in Wandavision, thought it would be appropriate to put these images up here. All of them come from Shang-Chi #4, as Zheng Zu, Zheng Yi, and the rest of the Five Weapons Society are battling Baron Harkness and his Dark Dimension Mindless Ones:

Shang's father doesn't budge against some Mindless Ones. And he sure isn't afraid of a Harkness!
    "I am a man of peace."

Speaking about his father, Yang did reveal that he didn't actually kill his brother in order to usurp the power. I wonder what was the reason behind such reveal? Is Yang planning to rehabilitate him a bit?

First figure from the Shang-Chi Marvel Legends wave was unveiled yesterday. It's Civil Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Speaking about his father, Yang did reveal that he didn't actually kill his brother in order to usurp the power. I wonder what was the reason behind such reveal? Is Yang planning to rehabilitate him a bit?
    I liked that scene, of Zheng Zu not taking his brother's powers. I was totally expecting to see betrayal. But Zheng Zu doesn't go through with it. In so doing, Yang isn't rehabilitating Shang's father but rather adding complexity. The man had noble intentions. He wanted to protect China. Unfortunately, he became very driven and hardened in achieving this goal. And with the loss of his brother it became worse. That seems to be a mix of bad circumstances and bad nature.

Thinking it over, I'm beginning to really appreciate Shang's father. I still can't fully condone his abuse towards his children, but we're starting to see how nuanced he was.
    "I am a man of peace."

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

We have a leaked Lego set for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten rings!

It shows a little bit of Simu's possible costume, some other characters, and a dragon!

https://i.redd.it/wtgntr6qxrj61.jpg

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Death Dealer is in the movie. They are getting some deep cut Shang Chi villains in this film.

I wonder if Meng'er Zhang's Xialing is a gender swapped version of Xian Zheng
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Xian_Zheng_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by chamber-music; 02-26-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    We have a leaked Lego set for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten rings!

It shows a little bit of Simu's possible costume, some other characters, and a dragon!

https://i.redd.it/wtgntr6qxrj61.jpg
    Thanks for the post. The picture is a little hard to make out, but the details look nice. Costume seems to be working off of the Hickman run version. Looks as though the sleeves are rolled up, which would look better cool. Still, I'm a little iffy on it. I'll reserve judgment for the final look.

Do wonder who Xialing is. Looks as though she'll be an ally. Could this be the MCU version of Leiko?
    "I am a man of peace."

Shang looks good in red and black .

Morris look like awesome !!!! Apparently that a "Dijiang", a mythical creature:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/le...ese-mythology/

The Dragon color and the style look like the costume of "White Dragon", I'm really surprised of the characters in these lego packs, it seem Xialing fight against Death Dealer ? I was sure that she was just a minor character, but I guess not. I like Shang Chi "scale" costume, he look like the most recent one; but I'm not a big fan for the one for Mandarin or "WenWu", I would have liked something more colorful, the whip seem to have the rings.

For Xialing characters, I think it's a gender reverse of him:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Deng_...ao_(Earth-616)

Their names are extremely closes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    but I'm not a big fan for the one for Mandarin or "WenWu", I would have liked something more colorful, the whip seem to have the rings.

Yeah, I would prefered something like this:

detail.jpg
    Leopard print tie and scarf, giving the character a colorful look that is kind of supervillainy while still looking like something someone would plausibly wear.

Yes MichaelC, that could work and that would have suit very well to Tony Leung, to be honest I have more in mind something like a big traditional Robe like he wore in the comics; I have always see him like a character larger than life, the guy very pride to have royal blood etc... I think this art of Jim Lee remind me of Killian Mandarin in Iron Man 3, for a modern take that would work perfectly.

In the other hand the black costume fit maybe more to the more "behind the scene" Fu Manchu, but he has himself very beautiful costumes, I don't know, I'm still not used to Wen Wu name, so when I have seen this lego I have thought it was just an henchman, that don't scream colorful warlord; but that cool to know he will fight physically Shang Chi, I think it was an important part of the Mandarin that you want to keep for this MCU version.

Except that, what kind of music or theme Shang chi fans want for Shang Chi ? Something very chinese traditional, or more James Bond theme ? I think alot about that, I really like the music of the Bruce Lee movies, something with lot of punch, and not something too zen; I really like the soundtrack of Big Trouble in little China. I really would like also something very visual for the intro, for example like the Jackie Chan movie the Big Brawl, the Way of the Dragon and Game of Death.
    Last edited by Bolo; 03-01-2021 at 09:44 AM.

In the MCU This is how I want the Mandarin to look like when he has all the ten rings. Cool AF!
    From Ironman Armored Adventure TV

Tumblr_m7061pitxn1rr0x4wo1_1280.jpg

818015-mandarin_super.jpg