Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

has Shang Chi ever had a time travel adventure? Something that deals with China in the distant past?

If not, it could be fun.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not surprised but it’s their loss. Shang-Chi is making bank without China (by pandemic standards) anyway.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Check this out.
    What Chinese rumor says about Shang Chi, the Hollywood blockbuster movie & why it’s banned in China
    Lei's Real Talk

Hollywood martial arts movie, Shang Chi and the legend of the ten rings, may be the best movie in 2021 but is banned in China. Rumor has it that the superhero ShangChi looks like the Chinese paramount leader, Xi Jinping. Lei gives a real talk on the hidden reason the movie is banned. The movie’s Asian cast includes Chinese Canadian actor Simu Liu, American rapper awkwafina and Hong kong superstar Tony Leung.

Extraordinary Member

This video was made in 2019.
    He (Nathan Rich) predicted the shang chi movie will be banned in china.
    Will Marvel's Shang Chi Lose the CHINA Market?

Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited by mace11; 09-28-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    .................................................. ........... Their loss, right?

In other Shang-Chi news, here is a great breakdown of the bus fight from Destin Daniel Cretton himself:

He gives great props to all of the extras, the special effects, and the stunt choreography that went into this scene. Made me appreciate the bus fight in a different way.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Nice. Corridor Crew has given the VFX perspective on Shang-Chi:

Looking forward to the stunt people react episode!
    "I am a man of peace."

The govt may ban it but there will be people watching bootleg copies of the movies anyway.

Really great behind the scenes action from Andy Le, the actor who played Death Dealer:

I'm usually not into that many flips and tricks in my action choreography. I think that's why I had initial misgivings about the film. Watching this though, I'm becoming appreciative.
    "I am a man of peace."

I've avoided this thread for months, ever since the first main trailer; wanted to avoid spoilers right?

But the universe conspired against me and I never made it to the theaters. Kids got sick (just colds), vacation, work....life seriously got in the way of me seeing this damn movie. I did manage to get into the drive-in the last weekend it was around....and they screwed up and played Free Guy instead (good movie, not what I paid for). The one MCU film I was super excited about when this year's slate was announced, and I missed it.

But I wanted to pop in and say congrats to Shang Chi and all his fans. Everything I'm hearing about this movie is positive and I'm glad it's done well (by pandemic standards at least), even without China's box office contribution. Looking forward to seeing it for myself when it hits Disney+ and/or blu-ray (whichever comes first).

May this be the start of something truly special for all of us. But you long-time Shang fans most of all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

What blockbuster? China spurns Hollywood's advances
    Regulators freeze out U.S. blockbusters as Chinese audiences become harder to woo
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Bus...ood-s-advances

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've avoided this thread for months, ever since the first main trailer; wanted to avoid spoilers right?

But the universe conspired against me and I never made it to the theaters. Kids got sick (just colds), vacation, work....life seriously got in the way of me seeing this damn movie. I did manage to get into the drive-in the last weekend it was around....and they screwed up and played Free Guy instead (good movie, not what I paid for). The one MCU film I was super excited about when this year's slate was announced, and I missed it.

But I wanted to pop in and say congrats to Shang Chi and all his fans. Everything I'm hearing about this movie is positive and I'm glad it's done well (by pandemic standards at least), even without China's box office contribution. Looking forward to seeing it for myself when it hits Disney+ and/or blu-ray (whichever comes first).

May this be the start of something truly special for all of us. But you long-time Shang fans most of all.
    Ha, thanks for the shout out Ascended. I know you'll have to wait a bit longer for the film, but it's worth it. I'm waiting a bit more as well, but I think that's a good thing. Watching more of the BTS clips, I'm starting to appreciate scenes more than when I first watched them.

I'm definitely hopeful that this will lead to Shang-Chi becoming elevated in the MU and MCU. Yes, he's had one of the most successful releases post-pandemic, but is he a key player now in both the comics and movies? Not just yet. The deadly hands of Kung Fu still have some work to do .
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    What blockbuster? China spurns Hollywood's advances
    Regulators freeze out U.S. blockbusters as Chinese audiences become harder to woo
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Bus...ood-s-advances
    Very sad to read. Studios have to do a lot more to court the Mainland market. And maybe that is still not enough to gain access.
    "I am a man of peace."

If a Shang-Chi video game or cartoon was made who could you see voicing him? I personally could see Dante Basco.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If a Shang-Chi video game or cartoon was made who could you see voicing him? I personally could see Dante Basco.
    Basco's voice is a little too raspy for me. I'd like someone a bit younger with a bass voice, someone who has the marks of a leader in them.

In other Shang-Chi news:

- Shang-Chi is holding steady at the box office: https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...h=72cc0b8547e9

- A cool video of Shang doing a back handspring:
    https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...s-stunt-video/
    "I am a man of peace."