Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post
    In the MCU This is how I want the Mandarin to look like when he has all the ten rings. Cool AF!
    From Ironman Armored Adventure TV

Attachment 106826

Attachment 106825
    *vomits explosively*
    I hate that look with a burning passion. The Mandarin is a martial artist, not an armor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Yes MichaelC, that could work and that would have suit very well to Tony Leung, to be honest I have more in mind something like a big traditional Robe like he wore in the comics; I have always see him like a character larger than life, the guy very pride to have royal blood etc... I think this art of Jim Lee remind me of Killian Mandarin in Iron Man 3, for a modern take that would work perfectly.

In the other hand the black costume fit maybe more to the more "behind the scene" Fu Manchu, but he has himself very beautiful costumes, I don't know, I'm still not used to Wen Wu name, so when I have seen this lego I have thought it was just an henchman, that don't scream colorful warlord; but that cool to know he will fight physically Shang Chi, I think it was an important part of the Mandarin that you want to keep for this MCU version.

Except that, what kind of music or theme Shang chi fans want for Shang Chi ? Something very chinese traditional, or more James Bond theme ? I think alot about that, I really like the music of the Bruce Lee movies, something with lot of punch, and not something too zen; I really like the soundtrack of Big Trouble in little China. I really would like also something very visual for the intro, for example like the Jackie Chan movie the Big Brawl, the Way of the Dragon and Game of Death.
    Don't mind the suit. I think that's needed. We don't need orientalism here, don't need the East Asian Culture to border into "otherness." Having The Mandarian in a suit, tie, and jacket would be great and a nice modern touch.

At the same time, Tony could pull off the traditional look. For me, his black cheongsam look from "The Grandmaster" was excellent. It exuded this gentlemanly nature:

I'd imagine that's what Zheng Zu would be. There's a gentlemanly-ness to him. There's a conniving and violent side to him too, but there's also a gentlemanly-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, I would prefered something like this:

Attachment 106673
    Leopard print tie and scarf, giving the character a colorful look that is kind of supervillainy while still looking like something someone would plausibly wear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post
    In the MCU This is how I want the Mandarin to look like when he has all the ten rings. Cool AF!
    From Ironman Armored Adventure TV

Attachment 106826

Attachment 106825
    Hmmm, if the going gets tough, if The Mandarian has to throw down with Shang and the Avengers, ha, okay maybe.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Except that, what kind of music or theme Shang chi fans want for Shang Chi ? Something very chinese traditional, or more James Bond theme ? I think alot about that, I really like the music of the Bruce Lee movies, something with lot of punch, and not something too zen; I really like the soundtrack of Big Trouble in little China. I really would like also something very visual for the intro, for example like the Jackie Chan movie the Big Brawl, the Way of the Dragon and Game of Death.
    Yep, would like something East Asian. The music from the fight scenes from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or Hero would be cool. For the quieter scenes, you're right, nothing too zen. It doesn't have to be particularly Asian inspired either, just some soft orchestral music. As this is a superhero movie though, we've to have that superhero music. I'm talking that Avengers soundtrack stuff, that should be there.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    *vomits explosively*
    I hate that look with a burning passion. The Mandarin is a martial artist, not an armor guy.
    It looked pretty cool though .

Hi all. Here are covers and the solicit info from the upcoming Shang-Chi #2:

Art by DIKE RUAN

Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO

SHANG-CHI VS. CAPTAIN AMERICA!

• There’s a Cosmic Cube for sale, and everyone from Hydra to AIM to the Hand is ready to pay up for it.

• But Shang-Chi and his Five Weapons Society might outbid them!

• Unless a certain Star-Spangled Avenger has anything to say about it…Uh-oh...
    Excellent! Love that Yu cover. Always wanted to see Shang hold the shield. Indeed, the shield is super important in Kung Fu:

The Five Weapons Society going after a Cosmic Cube? Hmmm, what for? In any case, that's a pretty ballsy move on Shang's part. Cool way to elevate the Five Weapons Society!
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Don't mind the suit. I think that's needed. We don't need orientalism here, don't need the East Asian Culture to border into "otherness." Having The Mandarian in a suit, tie, and jacket would be great and a nice modern touch.

At the same time, Tony could pull off the traditional look. For me, his black cheongsam look from "The Grandmaster" was excellent. It exuded this gentlemanly nature:

I'd imagine that's what Zheng Zu would be. There's a gentlemanly-ness to him. There's a conniving and violent side to him too, but there's also a gentlemanly-ness.

Hmmm, if the going gets tough, if The Mandarian has to throw down with Shang and the Avengers, ha, okay maybe.
    I honestly don't agree with you, I don't see that like "orientalism" or whatever the term, I want to see him the best and the most magestic way, nobody see Black Panther like "africanism" with all the colorful costume;I like the GrandMaster costume, but imho that sound more "calm master" and not warlord, if you want I see him like someone if a very big ego, very proud of his royal heritage, I don't want auto-censorship" because Marvel fear of orientalism, golden age of HK movies are not "orientalism" and I really want a big tribute to these movies.

There are more clear (and one new) pictures of these lego:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwtdhstX...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwtdikEW...jpg&name=large

I honestly don't agree with you, I don't see that like "orientalism" or whatever the term, I want to see him the best and the most magestic way, nobody see Black Panther like "africanism" with all the colorful costume;I like the GrandMaster costume, but imho that sound more "calm master" and not warlord, if you want I see him like someone if a very big ego, very proud of his royal heritage, I don't want auto-censorship" because Marvel fear of orientalism, golden age of HK movies are not "orientalism" and I really want a big tribute to these movies.

There are more clear (and one new) pictures of these lego:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwtdhstX...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwtdikEW...jpg&name=large
    Apologies Bolo. When I meant "orientalism" I meant the depictions of Fu Manchu in the past:

We don't need things like that. However, if you're referring to more modern depictions of traditional grand styles in East Asian films, I'm supportive of that. That looks pretty cool.

In any case, wanted to hear your thoughts on the Marvel Studios pushing the release date of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings again:
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...183010402.html

To be fair, every Marvel and Disney movie has been pushed back. Black Widow has now taken the July release. But Shang-Chi will now be released September 3rd. Ugh, that date hurts me. The original February release was cool because it would have been Chinese New Year. The May release would have been nice since it would occur during Asian-American Heritage month. July would have been awesome since it's right in the middle of the summer blockbuster season.

But September? That's when the summer is in it's last throes. It's around Labor Day, sure, but after that what other free time is there? Kids are heading back to school and no one is going on vacation. September is not the most popular times to release a movie. Just feel that the Shang-Chi movie has lost some momentum with the new date :/ .
    "I am a man of peace."

Yes that clear not this kind of "Fu Manchu", for the costume in some way I have changed my mind because of the actor, Tony Leung, he have always played very elegant but very calm character, so a sober color could be fit him better.

For the new date, like you I'm not a big fan, September in not a good month, specially in USA, all the others dates, specially February, were better, now that sound like a big gambling, I find the idea to put Black Widow in theater and in the same time in Disney + not very smart, and honestly I fear they will do the same for Shang Chi, honestly they sould be more patient, we have the new MCU tv show who are very successful, they could have waited some months, but it's a really complicated situation; I think the date for Free Guy would have been better (13 August), August have been really good for Suicide Squad in 2020, but probably too soon after Black Widow.

I think October, closer to Halloween, could have worked, depend of how visual the movie is, but between the ninja, the Dragons and the sorcerers, that could give a mystical vibe that could work for this month.

Another picture of the Lego set, with new characters:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Exm9KWxX...jpg&name=large

Razorfist seem to have one hand in metal, the other is hidden by a black glove.

Another picture of the Lego set, with new characters:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Exm9KWxX...jpg&name=large

Razorfist seem to have one hand in metal, the other is hidden by a black glove.
    heh. Um..

spoilers:
    Morris? wha...?

with Razor fist, I wonder will it be bionic (with the ability to change back to a hand shape) or simply an affixed blade? Seeing as how we're in the era of more tech-based gimmicks for foes, I wouldn't be surprised. But if the make it old-school, fine.

end of spoilers

Hi all. Just wanted to bring your attention to a TPB I bought from Comixoloy today, Shang-Chi: Earth's Mightiest Martial Artist:

Really great collection of most of Shang-Chi's recent appearances, like in the X-Men, Heroes for Hire, Spider-Man, and the Avengers. Aside from the X-Men issues, I've read and own most of these issues. Still, it's nice to have them all in one place.

A little miffed that they didn't include Marvel Knights #6:

But, as long as we get to see Shang kicking and punching stuff, I'm good .
    "I am a man of peace."

The action figure wave for the film has leaked.
    https://marvelousnews.com/252-28408

Spoilers warning, of course.

spoilers

funko pop of that lego.

spoilers:

could this be our fin fang foom?

https://twitter.com/cosmic_marvel/st...625667/photo/2

end of spoilers
    Last edited by Yin&Yang; 04-08-2021 at 03:31 AM.

https://www.et***********/lewis-tan-...ang-chi-163537

Simu is okay, but I think I would have prefered Lewis Tan, he is more like I see Shang Chi (more intense, mysterious etc...); Ludi Lin look like alot Shang Chi in Mortal Kombat in the Liu Kang role.

For the toys, I have no idea how the movie will be if I look them, it's really weird; not big fan of some costumes, but nothing horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The action figure wave for the film has leaked.
    https://marvelousnews.com/252-28408

Spoilers warning, of course.
    Ha, couldn't resist! I took a look. As for the costumes and paraphernalia spoilers:
    I'm okay with it. I'll agree with Bolo, it isn't too eye-popping right now nor is it attention-getting for me. However, I can see the function behind it. I'm glad they still kept the red design. If the movie went with the red track suit, I think it would have been boring. Seeing the the black pants is welcome. Reminds me of Bruce Lee's black pants. Some flourishes of yellow would have been good though. Still reserving judgment though. If the fighting is good, doesn't matter the costume.

I'm digging the weapons as well. A staff for Shang-Chi (which is great by the way. Shang could have used the nunchuku but again the character needs to move away from Bruce Lee), the tiger hook swords for Wenwu, the rope dart for Xialing, I've been pushing for these weapons to show up in the Marvel universe for years now. And now here they are! .
    end of spoilers

Always cautiously optimistic with Shang-Chi anything. Crossing the deadly hands that more content will be coming soon!
    "I am a man of peace."