Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

So the recent issue, prop gun shenanigans were ill-timed to say the least lmao

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So the recent issue, prop gun shenanigans were ill-timed to say the least lmao
    I had the same thought....but I assume this issue was several months ahead of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I had the same thought....but I assume this issue was several months ahead of that.
    It was. The issue was already written and and drawn. by the time that happened, it was too late to change the script and have pere redraw everything.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

I wasn't insinuating that it was written after, it was months before.But the dialogue was so on the nose about it lol

I wasn't insinuating that it was written after, it was months before.But the dialogue was so on the nose about it lol
    The dialogue was spot on. Pacheco portrayed Hollywood perfectly before the fact. Especially the actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    The dialogue was spot on. Pacheco portrayed Hollywood perfectly before the fact. Especially the actress.
    She knows a stuntman and he provided a lot of insight on what a movie set is like so he was credited for this issue.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Pretty cool. Looking forward to the Devil's Reign tie-in now, with that setup at the end of this issue.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah I was thinking "Karla did not choose subtlety" before I realized that that had to have been written ahead of that tragedy. It works well regardless.

Either way I really dug the issue. I was never silent about the fact that I didn't enjoy the interactions Jess had with her friends and basically anyone she wasn't just taunting and punching at the start of this run but by now these things are an actual highlight of each issue and I'm very much here for that.

I also chuckled over the fact how many besties Jess has.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Yeah I was thinking "Karla did not choose subtlety" before I realized that that had to have been written ahead of that tragedy. It works well regardless.

Either way I really dug the issue. I was never silent about the fact that I didn't enjoy the interactions Jess had with her friends and basically anyone she wasn't just taunting and punching at the start of this run but by now these things are an actual highlight of each issue and I'm very much here for that.

I also chuckled over the fact how many besties Jess has.
    I think if we have learned anything about Karla it's that subtle isn't quite a part of her vocabulary. And yes, the signatures on the cast had me laughing.

Wondering what Roger is up to now he's no longer with Jessica? Go read the new digital comic Lucky the Pizza Dog.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wondering what Roger is up to now he's no longer with Jessica? Go read the new digital comic Lucky the Pizza Dog.
    Where is this? I went to Comixology and Amazon and couldn’t find this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Where is this? I went to Comixology and Amazon and couldn’t find this.
    The Infinity comics are exclusives on Marvel Unlimited.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    The Infinity comics are exclusives on Marvel Unlimited.
    Thanks! I don’t have unlimited anymore.

Astonishing Member

Ah yes, another young genius as well.So original, she does seem like a good character so that's good.

So we had Mattie, Anya, Gwen, Cindy, and now Rebecca and Madame Web, Julia, Jessica all Spider-girls/women in 616.Add Mayday and Annie and we are in double digits. Bruh.I think we have more Spider-girls than Batgirls now.
    Spider-fam was absurd as is, a Spider-girl fam is just....

At least Jessica isn't the one being ignored, she's one of the best ones.
    It would be nice if Jessica appears in a reoccurring guest spot(as often as Black Cat does) in Amazing Spider-Man working alongside Peter, Black Cat, and Julia Carpenter respectively. I miss Jessica and Peter's interactions which should be developed further going forward. What would be fun to see is Black Cat making a reoccurring guest appearance in Jessica's book as her ally...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-13-2021 at 12:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

It would have been nice to see Jessica in Felicia's book before it ended. I will probably never warm up to the writer's voice for Jessica, but I was a big fan of how Felicia was written in Black Cat. It would be nice to see him tackle Jess.