Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Facts.

Also when we get our next big Spider team up Can we have Jess using her Blasts, Miles using his Venom blasts and Peter using his Taser webs at the same time.
    You know. Considering how similar Jess and Miles Power Sets are, I'm really surprised they haven't teamed up or she hasn't mentored him more. She has mentored all the other Spider-kids (Anya, Gwen, Mattie, and Cindy, though Cindy isn't technically a kid) - what's one more?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

It has been a while since I read the original series...so please correct me if I am mis-remembering this...but didn't Jess's venom blast only effect organics originally? People but not machines?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    You know. Considering how similar Jess and Miles Power Sets are, I'm really surprised they haven't teamed up or she hasn't mentored him more. She has mentored all the other Spider-kids (Anya, Gwen, Mattie, and Cindy, though Cindy isn't technically a kid) - what's one more?
    That's actually a very good point, come to think of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's actually a very good point, come to think of it.

Hopefully Rebecca can be added to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It has been a while since I read the original series...so please correct me if I am mis-remembering this...but didn't Jess's venom blast only effect organics originally? People but not machines?
    I don't recall this at all? I'll have to re-read. But I was also under the impression that once the Hydra-Skrulls restored Jessica's powers, she got a bit of a power boost with the exception of the flying - that was Veranke Jess only. Real Jess just glides.

Hopefully Rebecca can be added to that list.
    Well, someone is suiting up in issue #16 and I'll eat my tin foil hat if it's not Rebecca.
    Last edited by Seren; 09-11-2021 at 08:50 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

The last arc of that series was Anya focused with her working with different Avengers...so that would explain her being up front instead of in the back.
    On that logic, the cover should've only shown Anya, Jessica and Natasha, the three spider themed heroes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Miles is always treated that he's better or on par w/ them.And if anything Peter would mentor him.
    When has she mentored the others, I'd like to read that.
    I remember Gwen and Silk in the Spider-verse thing but it wasn't tutoring imo.Mockingbird was mentoring Cindy.And Anya in the Black widow thing.
    When w/ mattie?

Jess also mentored Cindy. Hence the Spider-Women cross over. Jess mentored Anya during Avengers Assemble and was listed as her protoge in Spider-Verse and Jess popped in from time to time during Mattie's series and was looking for her during Alias.

Extraordinary Member

Jess also mentored Cindy. Hence the Spider-Women cross over. Jess mentored Anya during Avengers Assemble and was listed as her protoge in Spider-Verse and Jess popped in from time to time during Mattie's series and was looking for her during Alias.
    Thanks a lot

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/13/ma...ider-woman-18/

“When Chip first asked about tying Spider-Woman into this spectacular event, I immediately said ‘How did you get this number, and what do you want?’ Okay, actually it was more me begging ‘PLEAAAAASE CHIP!!! LET ME AND PERE BE A PART OF THIS BIG AWESOME THINGY! WE LOVE DEADPOOL AND *YOU*. After he corrected me that it was a DAREDEVIL event, we were still really stoked about it. I can’t wait for everyone to see how Jessica Drew handles the chaos Wilson Fisk is bringing to her world, and we have some absolutely explosive issues coming up. Devil’s Reign threatens everyone Jess loves, AND brings back one of her greatest nemesisiseses in a way I don’t think anyone will see coming. Especially not Jess!”

I loled at the bolded part.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 09-13-2021 at 03:20 PM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/13/ma...ider-woman-18/

“When Chip first asked about tying Spider-Woman into this spectacular event, I immediately said ‘How did you get this number, and what do you want?’ Okay, actually it was more me begging ‘PLEAAAAASE CHIP!!! LET ME AND PERE BE A PART OF THIS BIG AWESOME THINGY! WE LOVE DEADPOOL AND *YOU*. After he corrected me that it was a DAREDEVIL event, we were still really stoked about it. I can’t wait for everyone to see how Jessica Drew handles the chaos Wilson Fisk is bringing to her world, and we have some absolutely explosive issues coming up. Devil’s Reign threatens everyone Jess loves, AND brings back one of her greatest nemesisiseses in a way I don’t think anyone will see coming. Especially not Jess!”

I loled at the bolded part.
    Yeah, that was funny. Looking forward to seeing how Jess gets affected by Devil's Reign and if she comes out on the other side all right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

So her greatest Nemesis.....? Previously I would have said Viper because quite honestly I dont think Jess has tangled with anyone twice in her last several runs has she?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    So her greatest Nemesis.....? Previously I would have said Viper because quite honestly I dont think Jess has tangled with anyone twice in her last several runs has she?
    She said "one of", so it doesn't necessarily have to be her biggest, baddest arch-enemy. "Greatest" could be interpreted in different ways too--it could have to do with how frequently they've fought, or how powerful they are, or even just how personal the grudge is. For example, the Gamesman is a fairly obscure and mostly forgotten member of her rogues gallery, but the fact that he successfully seduced her and manipulated her for a time gives him an added emotional significance that other one-off villains lack. I don't honestly think Gamesman is a contender here though.

Viper is certainly an option. Morgan Le Fey could be another, although she is somewhat tied up over in EXCALIBUR at the moment. Octavia Vermis is a major enough member of her rogues gallery to qualify, but she has been around recently enough that I don't think she's who Pacheco is teasing here.

Gypsy Moth/Skein could be a possibility. Sybil isn't one of Jessica's most powerful or ruthless foes, but they have clashed several times and she seems to be a fairly popular member of Jess' rogues gallery in terms of villains we want to see come back.

What about Nekra? She and Jessica haven't fought too many times, but she's certainly one of Jess' nastier enemies and she's strong enough to be a significant foe for her.

Taskmaster I think would be one since he actually trained her and she electrocuted him to hell and back in Spider-Woman Origin. He's on this Version of the Thunderbolts.

I'd also like to point out that Jess has taken on the Rhino a couple of times over the years and she went toe to toe with Kraven in Secret Empire Brave New World. So, That's three of this interation of Thunderbolts that Jess has gone up against in the past. Also might be worth noting that in Agent of SWORD she took out Norman Osborns Thunderbolts team by herself (Granted I'm 99% sure Nat was posing as Yelena at the time)

Also, Jess had to (very reluctantly) team up with Wilson Fisk during Secret Empire, so I'm really intrigued as to what/if he has anything to say to her.

So yeah, I think Devil's Reign is gonna get a bit personal for Jess. I do hope we see her and Matt team up at some point during this event. That's the one team up I want Jess to have more than anything.
    Last edited by Seren; 09-14-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Taskmaster I think would be one since he actually trained her and she electrocuted him to hell and back in Spider-Woman Origin. He's on this Version of the Thunderbolts.

I'd also like to point out that Jess has taken on the Rhino a couple of times over the years and she went toe to toe with Kraven in Secret Empire Brave New World. So, That's three of this interation of Thunderbolts that Jess has gone up against in the past. Also might be worth noting that in Agent of SWORD she took out Norman Osborns Thunderbolts team by herself (Granted I'm 99% sure Nat was posing as Yelena at the time)

Also, Jess had to (very reluctantly) team up with Wilson Fisk during Secret Empire, so I'm really intrigued as to what/if he has anything to say to her.

So yeah, I think Devil's Reign is gonna get a bit personal for Jess. I do hope we see her and Matt team up at some point during this event. That's the one team up I want Jess to have more than anything.
    By definition though, Nemesis is a-an operative of someone's downfall and b-a long standing rival. On panel, none of those really apply to the definition. I could see them using Taskmaster (I had forgotten he trained her) as he is a high profile character currently thanks to the Black Widow movie. The others though are just one and dones basically and dont really apply to anything here. Octavia has shown up the most, but we really need to dive past her current 12 issues. There's an almost fifty year history that can be mined. I'm not complaining, I will take new stories with Jess and love to see her world opened and built. I think Karla and Pere are doing a fantastic job and always look forward to seeing where we go from the last issue to the next. I do think there's more that can be done (to entertain me cause ya know...the world's all about me HA.) I am super happy that Jess is being included in the Devil's Reign event and think that it's a perfect place for her. I would also love to see her team up with Daredevil (Matt and Elektra).