Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by storydove View Post
    I love this current run of Spider-Woman. Pacheco's writing has been thoroughly enjoyable. I am starting to think of her and Perez as a dream team. I feel like Spider-Woman is finally back to her proper place in Marvel. There was this stop-start nature to her story in recent years, I think the main issue was her image becoming synonymous an invasion of earth and the much hardship that resulted in that. Then of course the changes of costume, they were decent enough replacements (wonderful designs), but neither came close to Marie Severin's iconic one. I am so glad it was decided to revert back to the red and yellow bodysuit.
    I completely agree. I have said before that this series feels more closely united to her original series than any other and feels more like the character of Jessica Drew. I love what they are doing and look forward to each issue more every month.

I agree with both of you.

ETA: Although now that I think about it, I think this run of Spider-Woman has been more consistant storywise than the very first run. And while I loved Hallum's Spider-Woman run, it was a bit more all over the place because it had far more event tie ins.

Also, despite the issue being pushed back to the 27th, the Preview for number 16 has dropped. Bets on being able to get the issue digitally on comixology next week and floppies a week later?
    Last edited by Seren; 10-14-2021 at 05:13 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Covers for #19
    Villain variant is by Pere Perez.

IMG_20211021_095432.jpg
    IMG_20211021_095437.jpg
    Last edited by Seren; 10-21-2021 at 06:58 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Covers for #19

IMG_20211021_095432.jpg
    IMG_20211021_095437.jpg
    I would love to see some of Jess's classic horror villains brought back.

I agree with both of you.

ETA: Although now that I think about it, I think this run of Spider-Woman has been more consistant storywise than the very first run. And while I loved Hallum's Spider-Woman run, it was a bit more all over the place because it had far more event tie ins.

Also, despite the issue being pushed back to the 27th, the Preview for number 16 has dropped. Bets on being able to get the issue digitally on comixology next week and floppies a week later?
    Wait a minute, Jess was roughly 17 when she joined Hydra? She wasn't there for long, so that means she debuted as a teen hero. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intent back in the 1970s when she first appeared.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Covers for #19

IMG_20211021_095432.jpg
    IMG_20211021_095437.jpg
    Either Jess has a clone . . . or Jess is a/the clone. Wouldn't be the first time, given Ultimate Spider-Woman's existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait a minute, Jess was roughly 17 when she joined Hydra? She wasn't there for long, so that means she debuted as a teen hero. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intent back in the 1970s when she first appeared.
    Depending on how long she was out of that genetic accelerator before HYDRA found her, she might have been 18, at least. That said, Jess starting out as a teenager, even if in her late teens, is somewhat reminiscent of Peter Parker, even without the shared spider motif.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Karla has pulled a lot elements from Bendis Origin. There Jess woke up at age 17 and she was immediately indoctrinated into hydra. She was with them for a few years, then went in the run after trying to kill fury.

In the original series, Jess woke up at like 14 to the high evolutionary, got kicked out of Wundagore not long after and eventually got duped into joining Hydra.

Sony announced two new movie dates for 2023 - one in June the other the old Disney marvel slot in October. Kraven is slated for January 2023 so rumor is that these two slots are for Spider-Woman and Venom.
    Last edited by Seren; 10-22-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Fun issue was fun. Though I hadn't expected it to end the arc already. That however was probably just me not paying attention to things again.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Fun issue was fun. Though I hadn't expected it to end the arc already. That however was probably just me not paying attention to things again.
    It is as a lot of fun. I loved the moments between her and Rebecca. Also, Jess finally caught a break.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    It is as a lot of fun. I loved the moments between her and Rebecca. Also, Jess finally caught a break.
    Yeah, that was nice. Very nice, even. Looking forward to the next arc, though I'm wondering what a good superhero name for Rebecca would be.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that was nice. Very nice, even. Looking forward to the next arc, though I'm wondering what a good superhero name for Rebecca would be.
    Sounds like she doesn't exactly WANT to be one, she just suited up for this instance. That could change though and she could become like, a younger Tony Stark with all her money. I really just can't wait til Rebecca meets Carol.

Extraordinary Member

While I love Jess...I got to say I wish we were getting more of her as a P.I. and bounty hunter and less of her dealing with her screwed up brother's B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    While I love Jess...I got to say I wish we were getting more of her as a P.I. and bounty hunter and less of her dealing with her screwed up brother's B.S.
    Well the brother part seems to be over for now. We have one issue and then Jess jumps Into devil's reign

Extraordinary Member

Well the brother part seems to be over for now. We have one issue and then Jess jumps Into devil's reign
    I am hoping so with the brother stuff. It just seems that aside from the Ohio Bros (I said it...) this entire series has been driven by Michael.

I've been ok with that bc it's the most consistent story line Jess has had in ages. I don't mind the drama. But I'm looking forward to what is next. Apparently Ninjas.