Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 414
  1. #301
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Doesn't seem to but I have to say I'm not disappointed by the turn if events
    Ha! I know you aren't
    It's less the turn of events on my end (and tbh I'm not sure that's the end of that particular subplot) but just how we get there.
    It was the same with the way Karla handled Jessica's reunion with the other avengers and carol after the wrap up of the last arc. Just very brief sequences that kinda felt like afterthoughts.

    Speaking of reunions: Jess appeared in Spider-Man Kings ransom #1 alongside the other New Avengers from Bendis run.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Assassin's Creed - Ranked From Worst to Best
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: You are wrong about Mara Jade - More than just "the Wife"

  2. #302
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    You mean her being selfish, hardly taking care of Gerry and showing no gratitude for the one who did? He deserved better. Every issue has just been fight fight fight. Maybe editorial is tying Karla’s hands. Either way I’m done. I like plot driven stories that build and have some depth. So far this run has been fight fight fight. Gerry is going to grow up and say who the hell is this woman!
    More than just lack of gratitude...but flat out disrespect. Here is a guy that loves her, respects her, loves her kid, and is very clear he is in it for the long haul....and she craps all over him these last 2 issues. The same guy that she told off Black Widow over. I really hope she realizes what she lost...and not just the reliable child care.

    I am in the same boat as you...I want stories that build the characters and their relationship. Not just constant fighting, action and excitement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    spoilers:
    My guess is Lindsay McCabe.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Why would Lindsay be having any contact with cops and criminals about an inmate wanting to talk to Jess? That is why I am suggesting Carol...she is still in a position to be making that call.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-13-2021 at 04:56 AM.

  3. #303
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Ha! I know you aren't
    It's less the turn of events on my end (and tbh I'm not sure that's the end of that particular subplot) but just how we get there.
    It was the same with the way Karla handled Jessica's reunion with the other avengers and carol after the wrap up of the last arc. Just very brief sequences that kinda felt like afterthoughts.

    Speaking of reunions: Jess appeared in Spider-Man Kings ransom #1 alongside the other New Avengers from Bendis run.
    I'll say the same, I don't really mind the breakup happened. They haven't gotten a lot of development since the last run ended, but I just wish it wasn't so rushed like the writer just wanted a unearned cliffhanger ending.

  4. #304
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'll say the same, I don't really mind the breakup happened. They haven't gotten a lot of development since the last run ended, but I just wish it wasn't so rushed like the writer just wanted a unearned cliffhanger ending.
    Basically, yes. Chances are Pachecco is just not into heart-to-heart talks and prioritizing kickass fights and sass to go along with it is basically a superhero comics bread and butter but I'd just rather we just don't actually get into these things when it seems the writer doesn't actually want to include them anyway.
    Or maybe she does and I'm just not into her style of doing so.
    I don't want to throw out accusations based on assumptions.

    At least the fighting/sassing is still going strong and it continues to be fun so that's something.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Assassin's Creed - Ranked From Worst to Best
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: You are wrong about Mara Jade - More than just "the Wife"

  5. #305
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Basically, yes. Chances are Pachecco is just not into heart-to-heart talks and prioritizing kickass fights and sass to go along with it is basically a superhero comics bread and butter but I'd just rather we just don't actually get into these things when it seems the writer doesn't actually want to include them anyway.
    Or maybe she does and I'm just not into her style of doing so.
    I don't want to throw out accusations based on assumptions.

    At least the fighting/sassing is still going strong and it continues to be fun so that's something.
    It's all kick ass fights and sass until Gerry gets in the way...how does she get rid of him? Car wreck, stray bullet, incurable disease...?

  6. #306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It's all kick ass fights and sass until Gerry gets in the way...how does she get rid of him? Car wreck, stray bullet, incurable disease...?
    Poor Gerry! Like Roger he has been nothing but a burden.

    Edit: I can’t stop laughing at your post Chris. The sarcasm is spot on. Don’t give Karla any ideas. She’s liable to take Gerry out in one panel.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 05-14-2021 at 01:54 PM.

  7. #307
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Poor Gerry! Like Roger he has been nothing but a burden.

    Edit: I can’t stop laughing at your post Chris. The sarcasm is spot on. Don’t give Karla any ideas. She’s liable to take Gerry out in one panel.
    There are still a lot of people who really despise Gerry wish he was gone and who wouldn't mind if "something" happened to him. I'm not one of them and I think more people are on board with Jess as a mom than there used to be, but there are still quite a few out there.

    And to be fair, I was very concerned when it was announced Jess was pregnant after secret wars. I didn't think it was ooc like a lot of people say- Gerry exists in another universe so it made sense they'd bring him into the main one, but A lot of pregnancy arcs are very...rapey or the result of a drunken one night stand (see Jessica Jones) etc.

    I loved how Jessica's was handled. It's honestly one if the best pregnancy arcs out there.
    Last edited by Seren; 05-14-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  8. #308
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Poor Gerry! Like Roger he has been nothing but a burden.

    Edit: I can’t stop laughing at your post Chris. The sarcasm is spot on. Don’t give Karla any ideas. She’s liable to take Gerry out in one panel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    There are still a lot of people who really despise Gerry wish he was gone and who wouldn't mind if "something" happened to him. I'm not one of them and I think more people are on board with Jess as a mom than there used to be, but there are still quite a few out there.
    Considering what has happened to some kids <cough>Tier Sinclair<cough> I would put nothing past any writer.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-14-2021 at 02:28 PM.

  9. #309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    There are still a lot of people who really despise Gerry wish he was gone and who wouldn't mind if "something" happened to him. I'm not one of them and I think more people are on board with Jess as a mom than there used to be, but there are still quite a few out there.

    And to be fair, I was very concerned when it was announced Jess was pregnant after secret wars. I didn't think it was ooc like a lot of people say- Gerry exists in another universe so it made sense they'd bring him into the main one, but A lot of pregnancy arcs are very...rapey or the result of a drunken one night stand (see Jessica Jones) etc.

    I loved how Jessica's was handled. It's honestly one if the best pregnancy arcs out there.
    Gerry has been handled very well IMO also. I’m just petitioning to make sure nothing happens to him. A good writer once again should be able to balance this. Gerry is here to stay. There is no retconning him out without making a lot of people mad. Plus he has powers. He might not be so easy to take out. I don’t trust Marvel editorial as far as I can throw them. I’m obviously disappointed that Roger is out. I’m not surprised. I actually figured at the start of Karla’s run he would be gone. It could have been done with a little more dignity. Hallum did a remarkable job with his characterization. He took a D lister and made him likeable. Karla pulled a Bendis and basically trashed it all in two short pages. It could have been handled better. Total disrespect for the character and what another writer did IMO.

    Now what happens to Gerry? Roger was a full time sitter. He gave Jess total freedom to go out and kick some ass. She’s not going to be roaming the streets until she gets someone else. Let me tell you though. There aren’t to many boyfriends that would agree to that position and a nanny will be just plain boring. You have to give Roger credit. Jess now has a zero supporting cast. A supporting cast goes a long way in making a book successful.

    I hope Roger comes back and takes Jess on in a fight. Not as a villain though. Or better yet. He comes back and saves her from overwhelming odds. That would be poetic justice!

  10. #310
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Gerry has been handled very well IMO also. I’m just petitioning to make sure nothing happens to him. A good writer once again should be able to balance this. Gerry is here to stay. There is no retconning him out without making a lot of people mad. Plus he has powers. He might not be so easy to take out. I don’t trust Marvel editorial as far as I can throw them. I’m obviously disappointed that Roger is out. I’m not surprised. I actually figured at the start of Karla’s run he would be gone. It could have been done with a little more dignity. Hallum did a remarkable job with his characterization. He took a D lister and made him likeable. Karla pulled a Bendis and basically trashed it all in two short pages. It could have been handled better. Total disrespect for the character and what another writer did IMO.

    Now what happens to Gerry? Roger was a full time sitter. He gave Jess total freedom to go out and kick some ass. She’s not going to be roaming the streets until she gets someone else. Let me tell you though. There aren’t to many boyfriends that would agree to that position and a nanny will be just plain boring. You have to give Roger credit. Jess now has a zero supporting cast. A supporting cast goes a long way in making a book successful.

    I hope Roger comes back and takes Jess on in a fight. Not as a villain though. Or better yet. He comes back and saves her from overwhelming odds. That would be poetic justice!
    Could be a chance for Jess to get to know her brother and niece some more...I get she may have issues with Michael for the crap he pulled...but a niece who may wind up with powers like Jess herself has would be someone she wants to keep an eye on.

    But totally agree about Roger and respect for what a writer has built before...and a writer who was the one who you pretty much picked the character up from. I would love for there to be an ongoing Roger subplot where he becomes a CI for some other heroes or law enforcement and infiltrates a group of criminals. This could lead to your idea about having to fight Jess. And maybe my desire to see him get some low level super strength type powers when exposed to some mutagenic during a heist.

  11. #311
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,914

    Default

    Seems like Marvel is going after every couple I like, while the one I dislike keep going.
    I know Kelly said that Carol will eventually get back with Rhodey, but the reason of the split was dumb.

    I just hope Pacheco won't make Jess get a fling with a random superhero. I'm thinking in not investing more of my appreciation on comics couples

  12. #312
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Seems like Marvel is going after every couple I like, while the one I dislike keep going.
    I know Kelly said that Carol will eventually get back with Rhodey, but the reason of the split was dumb.

    I just hope Pacheco won't make Jess get a fling with a random superhero. I'm thinking in not investing more of my appreciation on comics couples
    You know? I think Jess going and getting any sort of relationship rebound would be really ooc. I wasn't surprised Carol did it, but Jess doesn't seem like the type for that. Especially all that went down with Clint and her being his rebound from Bobbi.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  13. #313
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Seems like Marvel is going after every couple I like, while the one I dislike keep going.
    I know Kelly said that Carol will eventually get back with Rhodey, but the reason of the split was dumb.

    I just hope Pacheco won't make Jess get a fling with a random superhero. I'm thinking in not investing more of my appreciation on comics couples
    Which one do you dislike that keeps going?

  14. #314
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    You know? I think Jess going and getting any sort of relationship rebound would be really ooc. I wasn't surprised Carol did it, but Jess doesn't seem like the type for that. Especially all that went down with Clint and her being his rebound from Bobbi.
    Agree, Jess is not the type to do it and she also has a son to look over. Carol is more care free than Jess

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Which one do you dislike that keeps going?
    Jean grey and Scott Summers.
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-14-2021 at 07:14 PM.

  15. #315
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Jean grey and Scott Summers.
    Part of me was for them...but they did some serious character assassination on Scott in X-Factor 1 to get them together with leaving Maddie and Nate...and then once married they just kept trying to figure out how to screw with them...the Psylocke thing, the psychic affair with Emma and now Krakoan polygamy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •