Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Captain America and company versus the Sinister Six would be interesting.
    Imagine if the X-Men(1963 team and the 1975 team respectively) went up against the Sinister Six? That might had been a great way to flush out the Sinister Six in the X-Verse. As for Spider-Woman, I want to see Jessica play a reoccurring role in The Amazing Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man. There is so much that a Spider-Man and Jessica Drew partnership can bring to the table. And a lot of Peter's unused rogues might be a better fit in Jessica's world like Spidercide and this character:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Screa...te)_(Earth-616)

Astonishing Member

Julia Carpenter was the first Spider-Woman I was introduced to so she'll always be 'my' Spider-Woman. IMO, her costumes are better than any of the other Spider-Women.

Julia is great but this thread is for Jessica Drew.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Spectacular Member

This thread focuses on Jessica, yes, but it doesn't hurt to mention Julia once in a while. Once a Spider-Woman, always a Spider-Woman.

Astonishing Member

Julia's costumes are pretty great, but unlike Jessica, Julia never really came into her own. Even in her debut, she was mostly ineffective -- as her psionic webs never had enough strength to make her a formidable opponent. And being that her costume was a distaff version of Peter's at the time, didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I hate the possessiveness when it comes to villains. If they are not being used in their "main heroes" book put them to use elsewhere. Don't go all Acts Of Vengeance about it...but maybe Spider-Woman has to fight the Force of Nature from the original New Warriors. Or Cap, Falcon and Bucky (and maybe a couple other Cap partners) have to fight the Sinister Six.
    I like the possessiveness. Sharing can be fun from time to time but if the hero is worthy of their own title then they need their own villains. The problem is that Marvel is putting out too many superhero books. This problem is even creeping into the MCU as well with Ant-Man using the Iron Man villain Ghost. The Mandarian was handed to Shang-Chi and Namor is set to show up in Black Panther and play the heavy until whatever misunderstanding that made him angry is cleared up.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I like the possessiveness. Sharing can be fun from time to time but if the hero is worthy of their own title then they need their own villains. The problem is that Marvel is putting out too many superhero books. This problem is even creeping into the MCU as well with Ant-Man using the Iron Man villain Ghost. The Mandarian was handed to Shang-Chi and Namor is set to show up in Black Panther and play the heavy until whatever misunderstanding that made him angry is cleared up.
    Just for comics I def. think a rogue's gallery should mostly be used for the same characters w/ occasional crossovers or stories w/ other rogue's.

Rogue's are a massive part of what makes a character and one of the reasons why Batman and Spider-man are as popular as they are today.

I think bigger heroes fighting Rogue's of smaller ones can be cool from time to time, because they have a defined rogue's gallery already but smaller characters using popular Rogue's while may give a small boost to sales hurts the character in the long run.

A big part of what makes a Rogue so good is the connection b/w them and the hero.Even w/ retcons giving them backstory the Ock VS Iron man stuff will never come close to Spider-man vs Ock.Rogue's of heroes elevate them and vice-versa, a mix and match rarely has similar levels of impact

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I am not saying to move all of one hero's arches to another hero's book...just that from time to time Electro (or the like) should show up in Captain America or Spider-Woman's book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Julia's costumes are pretty great, but unlike Jessica, Julia never really came into her own. Even in her debut, she was mostly ineffective -- as her psionic webs never had enough strength to make her a formidable opponent. And being that her costume was a distaff version of Peter's at the time, didn't help.
    In-universe, at least according to Secret Wars #8, Peter technically copied Julia's costume, being subconsciously inspired by it when he used that mysterious machine to reconstruct his costume (which turned out to be an alien lifeform, but still) after it was damaged.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In-universe, at least according to Secret Wars #8, Peter technically copied Julia's costume, being subconsciously inspired by it when he used that mysterious machine to reconstruct his costume (which turned out to be an alien lifeform, but still) after it was damaged.
    Yep, but most of us readers aren't in-universe and know better.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yep, but most of us readers aren't in-universe and know better.
    Fair enough.

That said, who's looking forward to Jessica Drew's Devil's Reign tie-in?

I am. Though I don't think it's going to tie in too heavily with it. I think it'll be more like the king in black tie ins you know?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I am. Though I don't think it's going to tie in too heavily with it. I think it'll be more like the king in black tie ins you know?
    That could work, though given Lindsay was kidnapped last issue, with a message left for Jessica saying this was all her (Jessica's) fault . . . makes me think Fisk and his new Thunderbolts could be involved on some level with that, since Devil's Reign is supposed to be all about Fisk waging war on the superhero community as a whole.