Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Well it's still going so I'm not going to say doom and gloom yet. I'm really enjoying Jess rogues gallery getting expanded.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    It was present in the 90ies when she was mentoring what's her face. I have never actually read the 70ies comic so I'll take Seren's word for it.

As for Jones: Given that she's at least partially based off of Drew I'd say the question whether the latters sass under Bendis is a an evolution of what's already been present or an adaptation from the other Jess is if anything a chicken/egg situation.

Besides Jones always struck me as much more cynical rather than sassy.
    You mean Mattie Franklin (R.I.P.)?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Man I liked her.Wasn't she introduced when Peter was with MJ and not being Spidey.
    I wish they cultivated that relationship.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Well it's still going so I'm not going to say doom and gloom yet. I'm really enjoying Jess rogues gallery getting expanded.
    Yeash, I'm not saying it should stop.I enjoy the book, one of those shut your mind off and enjoy kinda things.
    Just saying that I don't know how or why it's going.

If they do stop after like 15+ more issues and ASM will be done with Beyond sh*t I would like to see the artist on ASM with the real Spidey.

I think so. Short haired teenager Type.

It's been forever and I day since I checked that run out.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Man I liked her.Wasn't she introduced when Peter was with MJ and not being Spidey.
    I wish they cultivated that relationship.
    As a mentorship, yeah. As the romance Mattie wanted, not unless they were the same age.

Uh-huh.

Extraordinary Member

As a mentorship, yeah. As the romance Mattie wanted, not unless they were the same age.

Uh-huh.
    Oh yeah, I meant in a mentor student kinda parental way.Not the weird kissing stuff.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While I have been loving the series, I think now would be a good time to pull in some nostalgia from her original series. Gain some interest from fans who haven't picked it up yet because there's not been much they remember or were turned off by the new suit but haven't returned due to the updated version of her old suit. Bring in some of the old villains...Nekra, Mandrill, Brothers Grimm, Flying Tiger...maybe even revive the Yakuza, Viper (is she still Madame Hydra?) I love the world building, but let's see some history as well. Where's the Needle? How about a Werewolf by Night story? Let's see some dark, shadowy stuff again.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    While I have been loving the series, I think now would be a good time to pull in some nostalgia from her original series. Gain some interest from fans who haven't picked it up yet because there's not been much they remember or were turned off by the new suit but haven't returned due to the updated version of her old suit. Bring in some of the old villains...Nekra, Mandrill, Brothers Grimm, Flying Tiger...maybe even revive the Yakuza, Viper (is she still Madame Hydra?) I love the world building, but let's see some history as well. Where's the Needle? How about a Werewolf by Night story? Let's see some dark, shadowy stuff again.
    She's already started by bringing Lindsay back. I'm not hopeful on seeing many (if any) villains from the original run though. It seems Karla was tasked with expanding Jess rogues gallery instead. If we saw any baddies from Jess original run, i would like it to be Nekra and Skein.
    Last edited by Seren; 08-05-2021 at 08:38 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

She's already started by bringing Lindsay back. I'm not hopeful on seeing many (if any) villains from the original run though. It seems Karla was tasked with expanding Jess rogues gallery instead. If we saw any baddies from Jess original run, i would like it to be Nekra and Skein.
    I am super excited that Lindsey is back, she should be the Jimmy Olsen of Commish Gordon for Jess...not necessarily in every issue, but never out of the book for long. Dont get me wrong, i am absolutely fine with expanding her rogues, but let's also see some history. Build up some of her past rogues. There's a reason when you see Spider-Man you see Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro....while not always used, they do get brought back in every so often. We run the risk of the Wonder Woman Effect. Changing her cast every time a new writer comes in and ignoring any past build up. It's great to expand, but it's also ok to bring back. Absolutely yes to Nekra, to Skein (although Gypsy Moth is such a cooler name)...but the Needle, Poltergeist, Brothers Grimm could be cool to see again as well.

I am super excited that Lindsey is back, she should be the Jimmy Olsen of Commish Gordon for Jess...not necessarily in every issue, but never out of the book for long. Dont get me wrong, i am absolutely fine with expanding her rogues, but let's also see some history. Build up some of her past rogues. There's a reason when you see Spider-Man you see Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro....while not always used, they do get brought back in every so often. We run the risk of the Wonder Woman Effect. Changing her cast every time a new writer comes in and ignoring any past build up. It's great to expand, but it's also ok to bring back. Absolutely yes to Nekra, to Skein (although Gypsy Moth is such a cooler name)...but the Needle, Poltergeist, Brothers Grimm could be cool to see again as well.
    Generally good points. Considering the Night Shift's stint working for Doctor Octopus when he set up shop in San Francisco as the Superior Octopus/Spider-Man, maybe they're due for a rematch with Jessica. And yeah, Skein and Nekra coming back would be great, too. I'd especially love Skein expanding her powers over fibers to apply as well to human muscle and nerve fibers. Would make her incredibly dangerous as a foe. As for Viper, she's currently one of the leaders in J.A.N.U.S., the new shady government organization that replaced S.H.I.E.L.D. as of the last issue of the Ravencroft miniseries from last year. Maybe J.A.N.U.S. has business with Spider-Woman that Viper carries out personally due to their past connection.

Generally good points. Considering the Night Shift's stint working for Doctor Octopus when he set up shop in San Francisco as the Superior Octopus/Spider-Man, maybe they're due for a rematch with Jessica. And yeah, Skein and Nekra coming back would be great, too. I'd especially love Skein expanding her powers over fibers to apply as well to human muscle and nerve fibers. Would make her incredibly dangerous as a foe. As for Viper, she's currently one of the leaders in J.A.N.U.S., the new shady government organization that replaced S.H.I.E.L.D. as of the last issue of the Ravencroft miniseries from last year. Maybe J.A.N.U.S. has business with Spider-Woman that Viper carries out personally due to their past connection.
    Jess having a showdown with JANUS would be awesome. Though I think they're currently over in Black Widow messing with her? (I am behind on Black Widow). Also that Skein idea creeps me the hell out and I am all for it.

Jess having a showdown with JANUS would be awesome. Though I think they're currently over in Black Widow messing with her? (I am behind on Black Widow). Also that Skein idea creeps me the hell out and I am all for it.
    Maybe. I'd have to check out the first arc for answers to that, since I only really came on the title once Anya Corazon started appearing in it. I'm glad you like my idea for Skein, though.

Mattie Franklin indeed. I really enjoyed the intersection of all the Spider-Women types in that title.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    When did Jess become the personification of sass?! That's a Jessica Jones trait that was added to Jessica Drew. It certainly wasn't a characteristic of the character in the original Spider-Woman series.
    In terms of characters' tones:
    Peter/Spidey is a bombastic smart alec chatterbox
    Jessica Jones is bitter, surly and sarcastic
    With regard to Jessica Drew, with her resurgence she's been alll over the place, at her best and most unique, she's serious, mysterious, and has an aura of creepiness
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.