Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Well, considering that Marvel gave Karla the option to scrap both of Jess' origin's completely and start fresh, I could say we're lucky that didn't happen? She chose to stick with the more recent Bendis Origin and work in some of the OG stuff. For example, Karla over-rode the Bendis Retcon and brought in the High Evolutionary and the Knights of Wundagore as an actual part of her life rather than have them be some part of Hydra's brainwashing of Jess.

Secondly, we're getting new villains in the next arc, but from what Karla has said in recent interviews, there may be some more familiar faces from Jess' past popping up. We shall see.
    Hopefully Skein.

how many supporting characters from the san francisco era are still around?

Tigra made an appearance in West Coast Avengers and that's about it. No clue what happened to Lindsay.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

According to the wiki, Lindsay McCabe hasn't appeared since Sensational Spider-Man Annual 1996's backup story that starred the first two Spider-Women. The story was meant to continue into Spider-Man Team-Up, but that never happened as the book was cancelled around then.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sensa...ual_Vol_1_1996
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I wonder why Marvel would give Karla - a fairly new talent - the license to scrap both of Jess' origins and start fresh. That sounds very unusual for the C.B. era. I know they did it with Hudlin on the Black Panther, but most of those changes seem to be retconned back via Coates.

I really like the Carol / Jessica dynamic but would love some romantic tension for the Dark Angel.
    Is she with Roger at this point? What if SHIELD agent Jerry Hunt, or Jess-obsessed mystic Magnus appear?

Does Jess still dye her hair consistently?
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    I wonder why Marvel would give Karla - a fairly new talent - the license to scrap both of Jess' origins and start fresh. That sounds very unusual for the C.B. era. I know they did it with Hudlin on the Black Panther, but most of those changes seem to be retconned back via Coates.

I really like the Carol / Jessica dynamic but would love some romantic tension for the Dark Angel.
    Is she with Roger at this point? What if SHIELD agent Jerry Hunt, or Jess-obsessed mystic Magnus appear?

Does Jess still dye her hair consistently?
    I don't know but it's what has been implied in interviews.
    Are you really reading the current series because your question about Roger is answered in the latest issue.

Jerry Hunt and Magnus can both take long walks off a short pier and Jess would absolutely tell them both that if she were to see them again. Roger, as much as I am not a fan of the relationship, has treated Jess better than either of those two have. There is no way bringing Jerry Hunt back into things for drama would create drama between her and Roger. I can't even fathom it. All the guys Jess dated before Roger were absolutely terrible. Not that I wouldn't mind drama, but if it came from any of the guys from Jess past I would be infuriated. I can't believe you'd even want them back. I just want to punch someone thinking about it.

No, but considering her whole family is blonde (both her Brother and Niece) I think it's pretty fair to say that Jess still dyes her hair.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Presumably she does, as Gerry is blonde, which is Jessica's natural hair colour. I don't think it's been shown for some time though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Jerry Hunt and Magnus can both take long walks off a short pier and Jess would absolutely tell them both that if she were to see them again. Roger, as much as I am not a fan of the relationship, has treated Jess better than either of those two have. There is no way bringing Jerry Hunt back into things for drama would create drama between her and Roger. I can't even fathom it. All the guys Jess dated before Roger were absolutely terrible. Not that I wouldn't mind drama, but if it came from any of the guys from Jess past I would be infuriated. I can't believe you'd even want them back. I just want to punch someone thinking about it.
    I don't know that I'd say all of the guys she dated before Roger were awful. David Ishima was a decent guy as I recall, although clearly not a good match for Jessica as Spider-Woman since he couldn't handle her secret identity. Clint Barton is a good guy in general--although I won't defend how his relationship with Jessica ended. Cheating on someone is very strange behaviour for Clint though....he is usually of the "fall too hard, too fast and be far more devoted than he should be" camp.

It would probably be more fair to say that all of Jessica's relationships before Roger were awful. Some of the guys were decent enough--they just weren't the right guy for her, or the relationship just didn't work out.

Her romantic history is something of a disaster. Her first love, Jared, was a Hydra agent who was ordered to be her lover to manipulate her. She also had a brief but intense fling with a guy who turned out to be a super villain, and he was also manipulating her.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Presumably she does, as Gerry is blonde, which is Jessica's natural hair colour. I don't think it's been shown for some time though.
    I always thought that was a weird idea and I don't like it.
    Not that it ultimately matters like at all.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Had a lovely conversation with Karla and Pere today for the podcast. Learned some interesting things about issue 10.

Had a lovely conversation with Karla and Pere today for the podcast. Learned some interesting things about issue 10.
    Nice! .
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

tex spider woman.jpg

Mark Texeira.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    According to the wiki, Lindsay McCabe hasn't appeared since Sensational Spider-Man Annual 1996's backup story that starred the first two Spider-Women. The story was meant to continue into Spider-Man Team-Up, but that never happened as the book was cancelled around then.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sensa...ual_Vol_1_1996
    That's a real shame.

Also, having finally gotten to read the latest Spider-Woman . . . "Jess this mess," indeed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a real shame.

Also, having finally gotten to read the latest Spider-Woman . . . "Jess this mess," indeed.
    Is that good or bad? I really loved the issue and Octavia uh....fate shall we say?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Is that good or bad? I really loved the issue and Octavia uh....fate shall we say?
    It's good. I enjoyed the issue. Octavia getting the beating she deserved from Jessica and then accidentally splicing herself with Stegron . . . priceless. Did like Jessica working to rebuild her relationships at the end, as well as Roger still standing by her. Looking forward to the next phase of Karla Pacheco's run on Spider-Woman.
    The spider is always on the hunt.