Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I was willing to give him a pass bc Rebecca was sick. I've assumed she's cured now so he doesn't get an excuse anymore.
    Fair enough.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spider-Woman #14 Net Ease Variant
    Not sure if these means Jess is coming to the Marvel Duel game or not.

IMG_20210722_095731.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Spider-Woman #14 Net Ease Variant
    Not sure if these means Jess is coming to the Marvel Duel game or not.

IMG_20210722_095731.jpg
    I do love that spin on her classic costume design, though.

I really like it to. Kind of similar to how they did her suit in Marvel Future Fight.

Solicitation for #16. I'm betting it's either spoilers:
    Rebecca or Lindsay who suits up.
    end of spoilers

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I really like it to. Kind of similar to how they did her suit in Marvel Future Fight.

end of spoilers

Either would be great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh okay.Was that after the 2000's.Like after in 2010's or more.And was this before or after the kid.

I used to read her a lot more but left the character around 2010, this was before the kid.From what I heard she changed a lot after that and was worse for it so never bothered coming back to her.

Was it a gradual change or did he just pull a personality shift.

I did like the earlier Jess much more, not every spider has to be quippy.That is what(to me) helped make her unique from other extra-spiders(everyone except the og),They really made Miles,Gwen,Anya and now Jess quippy(all members of the order of the web).Julia is cryptic and I love it.Miguel has a good balance.Kaine's cool.Don't know much about Ben but he is quippy too IIRC.Peter invented the Spider-quips(and Spider-man in general) and is by far the best at them.
    I'm not a fan of quippy Jess. Greer Grant as both the Cat and Tigra was intentionally quippy -- because with the Cat -- they were going for a female Spider-Man vibe. This personality carried over even after she became Tigra. But anything that makes Jess more like Peter is not a good thing in my book. I think writers like to write characters that way -- but I do prefer a more classic take on Jess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm not a fan of quippy Jess. Greer Grant as both the Cat and Tigra was intentionally quippy -- because with the Cat -- they were going for a female Spider-Man vibe. This personality carried over even after she became Tigra. But anything that makes Jess more like Peter is not a good thing in my book. I think writers like to write characters that way -- but I do prefer a more classic take on Jess.
    Same.
    They are doing this with she-hulk and hulk as well.

Just taking what makes them unique.And the new ones should be different, they came later.If I want to read Spider-man or hulk, I'll read Spider-man or Hulk.Copies aren't fun to read.

end of spoilers

With the return of her brother, my money is on Rebecca, with the cure having empowered her or unlocked latent powers she inherited.

This should be interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Gosh darn fancy looking that one.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Same.
    They are doing this with she-hulk and hulk as well.

Just taking what makes them unique.And the new ones should be different, they came later.If I want to read Spider-man or hulk, I'll read Spider-man or Hulk.Copies aren't fun to read.
    Yep. It can be very monotonous when too many characters have the same chatter. Not everyone has to be Spider-Man -- especially Jess!

BANNED

Yep. It can be very monotonous when too many characters have the same chatter. Not everyone has to be Spider-Man -- especially Jess!
    Couldn't agree more. Not every line for every character has to end in a joke. This is what really turned me off to anything Brian Bendis writes, the dialogue is interchangeable because everyone he writes is just a wise-ass. Pacheco needs to stop it, doesn't fit Jess.

Extraordinary Member

This.Some writers overdo it for Spidey as well.

And it's not like the sense of humor is special, just generic babble.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Not every line for every character has to end in a joke. This is what really turned me off to anything Brian Bendis writes, the dialogue is interchangeable because everyone he writes is just a wise-ass. Pacheco needs to stop it, doesn't fit Jess.
    This,

It feels like anyone could say another persons dialogue and it's not good.