Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Preview for #12 is up!

So, I'm thinking those swords are cursed.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Preview for #12 is up!

So, I'm thinking those swords are cursed.
    Cursed how? Do they drive their wielders to murderous violence by amplifying their rage and aggression?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Look at the lettering by the swords. It's like they are whispering Destruction.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Looks like Jess is showing up in next week's issue of Marvel Action: Captain Marvel from IDW

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cursed how? Do they drive their wielders to murderous violence by amplifying their rage and aggression?
    If not cursed then magic...or some sort of super metal considering what we see them doing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Look at the lettering by the swords. It's like they are whispering Destruction.
    Yeah, leaning towards cursed/magic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    If not cursed then magic...or some sort of super metal considering what we see them doing.
    Yeah, that makes sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I find it kind of hard to care about all the relationship drama/s when we keep rushing through it.
    It made a certain amount of sense with the ticking clock of the previous arc but it didn't exactly slow down did it now?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I find it kind of hard to care about all the relationship drama/s when we keep rushing through it.
    It made a certain amount of sense with the ticking clock of the previous arc but it didn't exactly slow down did it now?
    Doesn't seem to but I have to say I'm not disappointed by the turn if events

Extraordinary Member

Kind of upset that....
    spoilers:
    Roger and Jess broke up...I believe that comics should invest in relationships and not just have a new writer come along and decide "I don't like them together" and break them up.
    end of spoilers

I agree Chris. What a lousy ending. This could have been handled better. Hopeless did a much better job. Just lazy writing that’s all it is. Hopeless did a great job building this all up and Pacheco destroys it in one page. Spider-Woman has been added to the drop box.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I agree Chris. What a lousy ending. This could have been handled better. Hopeless did a much better job. Just lazy writing that’s all it is. Hopeless did a great job building this all up and Pacheco destroys it in one page. Spider-Woman has been added to the drop box.
    More than one page....let's face it Jess was acting like a world class $#@& for the last couple issues. And that is something I think hurts her as a character.

edit...questions...

spoilers:
    Who was Jess talking to on the phone at the beginning...Carol? Whoever it was should have been acknowledged by name. And if Carol then the Captain Marvel emblem on the dialogue boxes.

The brothers swords...'rock from the heavens'? Starstone like the Ebony Blade?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-12-2021 at 06:25 PM.

More than one page....let's face it Jess was acting like a world class $#@& for the last couple issues. And that is something I think hurts her as a character.

edit...questions...

spoilers:
    Who was Jess talking to on the phone at the beginning...Carol? Whoever it was should have been acknowledged by name. And if Carol then the Captain Marvel emblem on the dialogue boxes.

end of spoilers
    You mean her being selfish, hardly taking care of Gerry and showing no gratitude for the one who did? He deserved better. Every issue has just been fight fight fight. Maybe editorial is tying Karla’s hands. Either way I’m done. I like plot driven stories that build and have some depth. So far this run has been fight fight fight. Gerry is going to grow up and say who the hell is this woman!

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My guess is Lindsay McCabe.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Kind of upset that....
    spoilers:
    Roger and Jess broke up...I believe that comics should invest in relationships and not just have a new writer come along and decide "I don't like them together" and break them up.
    end of spoilers
    Same, I figured the writer was probably not a fan of the relationship since she didn’t seem to mention it much in interviews and keeps separating Jess from her family. It just seems even weirder to do this when she teased roger proposing to Jess literally the last issue and now he wants to break up just a few pages later? Such a joke.

BANNED

That break up just happened so suddenly, I mean I know there have been hints but I was still caught off guard by that final twist since I expected they would talk before a break up or whatever happens but nope, Jess is fighting on one page then boom next page Roger leaves. Tbh I'm more upset that Roger's leaving Gerry since they're so adorable together, gotta feel sorry for the kid, his mom's always out fighting and the guy thats probably been taking care of him most of the time is now leaving.