Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Sounds like she doesn't exactly WANT to be one, she just suited up for this instance. That could change though and she could become like, a younger Tony Stark with all her money. I really just can't wait til Rebecca meets Carol.
    Fair points there. Would make sense. Be a very interesting meeting, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    While I love Jess...I got to say I wish we were getting more of her as a P.I. and bounty hunter and less of her dealing with her screwed up brother's B.S.
    Would be cool as well. Considering what's coming down the line with Devil's Reign and the implication from her tie-in that she may have or be a clone . . . it does seem like Karla Pacheco is not yet done putting Jess through the wringer.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think the day Karla is done putting Jess through the wringer is the day when this run ends.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I think the day Karla is done putting Jess through the wringer is the day when this run ends.
    Then let us hope she continues to put her through the wringer.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

You'll get no argument from me
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Just finished reading it. I’m over being pissed that Roger is gone. Very solid issue. Rebecca being in this makes it very enjoyable. Her exoskeleton and staff gadget is pretty cool. To bad her father is a jackass dating a witch. I still hope Roger pops in every now and then.

You'll get no argument from me
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Just finished reading it. I’m over being pissed that Roger is gone. Very solid issue. Rebecca being in this makes it very enjoyable. Her exoskeleton and staff gadget is pretty cool. To bad her father is a jackass dating a witch. I still hope Roger pops in every now and then.
    Cosigning all of you, generally speaking, and as for Roger/Porcupine, I do hope he and Jess reconcile down the line, even if it's just as friends. Friends are something one can never have enough of, to be frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigning all of you, generally speaking, and as for Roger/Porcupine, I do hope he and Jess reconcile down the line, even if it's just as friends. Friends are something one can never have enough of, to be frank.
    I agree! He could team up with Jess every now and then. Does Rebecca have a code name yet?

I agree! He could team up with Jess every now and then. Does Rebecca have a code name yet?
    Sadly, no, as it doesn't look like she's entering the hero business as an ongoing thing. She might suit up again in some kind of emergency, but from the looks of things, she'll be concentrating on college and fixing things up at Marchand Pharmaceuticals.

Jess said she'll be there for her though, so she's probably still going to be in the book, I can see that plot thread being picked up after Devil's Reign. I don't see Rebecca choosing a codename, but I can see someone seeing her in costume fighting alongside Spider-Woman, and assuming she's Anya's successor as Spider-Girl (when, in fact, Anya just moved to another city, as she's now part of Black Widow's team, and is still actively using the name).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I'm not...I still consider it a really stupid decision. Not as bad as OMD but still bad. But it fits in with how writers taking over a character act. Get rid of supporting characters they don't like instead of working with them and developing them more.

I do want him back but I doubt Karla will do that...much less in any meaningful way that does him justice.

I am not sad Roger is gone truth be told. I felt like he and Jess were only together because "Boy + Girl = Must be in love" and I was really disappointed when it happened. I have never felt that Roger was really Jess equal or partner in any form. He was like a glorified babysitter with maybe benefits? He was good to her yeah and supportive which IS the best "romantic" relationship she's had so far in stories, but it wasn't enough. I felt like Karla just ripped off the bandaid. If he shows up fine, but I definitely don't want them back together.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I liked him in Hopeless run but was confused when she suddenly fell for him.
    But I shrugged it off since it fit the tone of that run and I guess it was pretty cute for a while.

My Twitter

You know who I do miss as a supporting character for Jess? Ben Urich. They were a fun team and adding him to the mix with Lindsay would be fun. Also, super thrilled Lindsay is back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I'm not...I still consider it a really stupid decision. Not as bad as OMD but still bad. But it fits in with how writers taking over a character act. Get rid of supporting characters they don't like instead of working with them and developing them more.

I do want him back but I doubt Karla will do that...much less in any meaningful way that does him justice.
    Same, he's is/was my fav character in the series as well.People always complain that you always have male heroes and female love interests and Roger showed it can work both ways, yet they take him out of the comics.

As for suddenly falling for him, haven't read that yet.I feel she def jumped a lot in the previous decades, I still don't remember when she showed having the desire for having a kid and how they went through w/ that.Did she even show any desire at all or did they just do it for the heck of it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Same, he's is/was my fav character in the series as well.People always complain that you always have male heroes and female love interests and Roger showed it can work both ways, yet they take him out of the comics.

As for suddenly falling for him, haven't read that yet.I feel she def jumped a lot in the previous decades, I still don't remember when she showed having the desire for having a kid and how they went through w/ that.Did she even show any desire at all or did they just do it for the heck of it?
    When they did that story it was not that she wanted a kid...until she had a pregnancy scare after a relationship with some unseen rando and when the pregnancy test was negative she was disappointed...and after some time was still disappointed and decided to go to a sperm bank.

So...technically no...there was no history of her wanting to be a mom. But I think it was handled well with having her realize she did want to.