Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I thought Casandra Webb was dead and that was why Julia is now Madame Webb?
    That's true. I was just thinking, if Rebecca had to go by a superhero name, she could try Arachne, since Julia isn't using that name at the moment.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    As for karma, I get why they did it but it makes no sense in universe.Did they cut her leg off to put the bionic one in place?
    She pretty much hatched out of the egg with a bionic leg...I think it was implied that Proteus altered reality to remove her biological leg and put her bionic one back.

Wow, that's very fast for the MU sliding timescale
    It does actually match other books though. Remember, Miles Morales timeskipped several months last year, bypassing most of Rio's pregnancy. Also, there was a few months when nothing was published because of COVID. Ms. Marvel (which has also had a pregnancy storyline involving Kamala's sister-in-law) and Fantastic Four (When Reed and Sue returned, they said a year had passed for Ben and Johnny) have both also clearly had a year pass in the last couple of years. There was also a timeskip in X-Men just before the Krakoa status quo started, and that same gap is necessary between Jim Zub and Eve Ewing's Champions runs too as the Kamala's Law legislation can't have been enacted (and later repealed) overnight. Gerry should've had a birthday by now - maybe even two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It does actually match other books though. Remember, Miles Morales timeskipped several months last year, bypassing most of Rio's pregnancy. Also, there was a few months when nothing was published because of COVID. Ms. Marvel (which has also had a pregnancy storyline involving Kamala's sister-in-law) and Fantastic Four (When Reed and Sue returned, they said a year had passed for Ben and Johnny) have both also clearly had a year pass in the last couple of years. There was also a timeskip in X-Men just before the Krakoa status quo started, and that same gap is necessary between Jim Zub and Eve Ewing's Champions runs too as the Kamala's Law legislation can't have been enacted (and later repealed) overnight. Gerry should've had a birthday by now - maybe even two.
    Oh okay, I agree.I guess it feels like that because all those are timeskips whereas this hasn't had any mentioned, has it?

Extraordinary Member

Ah yes, another young genius as well.So original, she does seem like a good character so that's good.

So we had Mattie, Anya, Gwen, Cindy, and now Rebecca and Madame Web, Julia, Jessica all Spider-girls/women in 616.Add Mayday and Annie and we are in double digits.Bruh.I think we have more Spider-girls than Batgirls now.
    Spider-fam was absurd as is, a Spider-girl fam is just....

Atleast Jessica isn't the one being ignored, she's one of the best ones.
    But why does Rebecca need to be spider-themed? She has no powers. She is using an exoskeleton...why not give her another theme for her 'hero identity'? Just because she is related to Jess she needs to be a spider?

Rebecca could always be like Natasha. Spider-Name but not really a Spider per-se.

Also, thank you Digifiend for the confirmation of time passing the MU. I wasn't sure how that was working out since Gerry now seems older than both Shogo and Danielle Cage but felt like he definitely should at least be 3 by now (and Dani should be what..liek 4 or 5? Shogo i also think is a bit older than Gerry??)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Why does Ray have his hand? He got that thing chopped off....

I thought it was his left hand?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

I thought it was his left hand?
    right hand...
    swrayrighthand.jpg

And with regards to the timeline...this same issue did say there was a 6 month jump...
    sw6monthjump.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But why does Rebecca need to be spider-themed? She has no powers. She is using an exoskeleton...why not give her another theme for her 'hero identity'? Just because she is related to Jess she needs to be a spider?
    I mean, given that her family basically has a spider theme between her dad, her aunt and her cousin, it makes sense that she goes with a spider theme. Besides, spiders seems to be the theme going on for her life since she met Jessica so might as well keep to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I mean, given that her family basically has a spider theme between her dad, her aunt and her cousin, it makes sense that she goes with a spider theme. Besides, spiders seems to be the theme going on for her life since she met Jessica so might as well keep to it.
    Very well put.

Extraordinary Member

Very well put.
    It just makes it seem somewhat generic...Jess is a Spider so her niece should be a Spider too.

On this day 42 years ago, the Spider-Woman cartoon made it's debut.

There needs to be a new cartoon. With a simplified origin. The 1979 cartoon origin is ironically preferable to me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There needs to be a new cartoon. With a simplified origin. The 1979 cartoon origin is ironically preferable to me.
    I would also like to see a new Spider-Woman animated series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.