Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A pilot mistook Jess for Spider-Man, she shouts that they're not related. New Avengers reference? Didn't Peter and Veranke (who at the time we thought was Jessica) say something similar when she joined the team? About how people think they're connected, when they just have similar codenames and aren't related?
    I mean I understand with others but isn't she distinctly her own thing.
    There costumes are similar ig. Specially from the pilot's POV.

Her reaction was kinda funny, ig it happens a lot.But she wishes she was half as popular or good as Spidey(jokes people, jokes)

seriously, the action was amazing.

One question.Did her dialogue feel.... off.I never remembered her as the quippy crazy type.And using words like Bonkers expensive and so much other stuff.Is this just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean I understand with others but isn't she distinctly her own thing.
    There costumes are similar ig. Specially from the pilot's POV.

Her reaction was kinda funny, ig it happens a lot.But she wishes she was half as popular or good as Spidey(jokes people, jokes)

seriously, the action was amazing.

One question.Did her dialogue feel.... off.I never remembered her as the quippy crazy type.And using words like Bonkers expensive and so much other stuff.Is this just me?
    Jess has been more quippy since the Hallum run started.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Jess has been more quippy since the Hallum run started.
    Oh okay.Was that after the 2000's.Like after in 2010's or more.And was this before or after the kid.

I used to read her a lot more but left the character around 2010, this was before the kid.From what I heard she changed a lot after that and was worse for it so never bothered coming back to her.

Was it a gradual change or did he just pull a personality shift.

I did like the earlier Jess much more, not every spider has to be quippy.That is what(to me) helped make her unique from other extra-spiders(everyone except the og),They really made Miles,Gwen,Anya and now Jess quippy(all members of the order of the web).Julia is cryptic and I love it.Miguel has a good balance.Kaine's cool.Don't know much about Ben but he is quippy too IIRC.Peter invented the Spider-quips(and Spider-man in general) and is by far the best at them.

Oh okay.Was that after the 2000's.Like after in 2010's or more.And was this before or after the kid.

I used to read her a lot more but left the character around 2010, this was before the kid.From what I heard she changed a lot after that and was worse for it so never bothered coming back to her.

Was it a gradual change or did he just pull a personality shift.

I did like the earlier Jess much more, not every spider has to be quippy.That is what(to me) helped make her unique from other extra-spiders(everyone except the og),They really made Miles,Gwen,Anya and now Jess quippy(all members of the order of the web).Julia is cryptic and I love it.Miguel has a good balance.Kaine's cool.Don't know much about Ben but he is quippy too IIRC.Peter invented the Spider-quips(and Spider-man in general) and is by far the best at them.
    This was after 2010, starting with the 2014 Spider-Verse run and maybe a little before that in Avengers Assemble and Secret Avengers (all before the baby). Although, even in Bendis' Agent of SWORD (2010) she quipped a bit. Jess has always had a sense of humor - it's just a lot darker than Peter's is.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

This was after 2010, starting with the 2014 Spider-Verse run and maybe a little before that in Avengers Assemble and Secret Avengers (all before the baby). Although, even in Bendis' Agent of SWORD (2010) she quipped a bit. Jess has always had a sense of humor - it's just a lot darker than Peter's is.
    Yeah that checks out.

Yeah the humor was distinct and well spaced out.Most heroes have one, it just varies in type and quantity.
    Damn they really messed that up

Yeah that checks out.

Yeah the humor was distinct and well spaced out.Most heroes have one, it just varies in type and quantity.
    Damn they really messed that up
    To each their own. I like it.

Extraordinary Member

To each their own. I like it.
    Cool.
    You a Peter fan too.They seem pretty similar in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s technically year two for the book. Do you want more new villains, or old ones? A healthy mix of the two? I wanna see Jess take on the Serpent Society, especially the female characters, and maybe another run in with the Juggernaut, or other members of the Exemplars.
    I don't mind new villains, but I prefer it when writers mine the MU for obscure ones. Obviously Lady Bullseye (she needs a new name) isn't obscure, but Bruiser isn't a household name, and I had to look up Fire Ball to see if she was new or not. But I think your suggestion of the Seprent Society is fantastic. As long as they are presented like a real threat and not a joke. Spider-Woman seems like a natural fit for them somehow.

Cool.
    You a Peter fan too.They seem pretty similar in this series.
    I am not a Peter fan no

Anyway, I'm liking that Pacheco is expanding Jess' Rogues gallery. We have some more new villains coming up. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Jess take on some previously establish villains either. Would love to see her face off against Viper again.
    Last edited by Seren; 07-18-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Go for it!

I like those ideas. Make new villains, and dust off old ones, too.

I get you. Superhero comics are generally at their best with plenty of action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    For me it is a balance...constant action with no downtime does not really give them time to actually develop a character.
    Ah I see that didn't come off as intended:
    I absolutely adore impactful and or fun character interactions and place them above basically any other story telling elements.
    It's just that Pacheco has been quite a bit hit and miss for me in the case of this comic run while the fun action stuff always works very well under her feather.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I think Jessica's brother is trying to become a super villain and going about it the most convoluted way possible.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think Jessica's brother is trying to become a super villain and going about it the most convoluted way possible.
    I thought he was already on his way there, given the shady crap he got up to in the first five issues or so.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought he was already on his way there, given the shady crap he got up to in the first five issues or so.
    I was willing to give him a pass bc Rebecca was sick. I've assumed she's cured now so he doesn't get an excuse anymore.

Yeah, Scott Lang stole the Ant-Man suit to save Cassie. After that he became a hero. History doesn't seem to be repeating itself here, unfortunately for Jessica.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Scott Lang stole the Ant-Man suit to save Cassie. After that he became a hero. History doesn't seem to be repeating itself here, unfortunately for Jessica.
    It does not. My new working theory is that he's trying to secure all the information on the cure Jess and Rebecca received so he can make even more money or sell it to the highest bidder.