Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 257
  1. #151
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    3,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    We'll see. I think she's trying to cement Octavia as a big bad first.
    I could dig that.

  2. #152
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    I picked up two more issues of SW over the weekend. Only read one -- with War Machine on the cover. I thought it was a decent issue, but over all --- I'm finding Karla's action epic approach wanting. It's difficult to gauge Karla's version of Jessica --- because she's hyped up on serum. So we get Jess as a smart ass 24/7 -- and that gets old. I do like action, but as the case with action movies -- characterization is lacking.

    On a more positive note, I thought the art was very good. I think Jess going back to her classic outfit will help her stand out more than she has since this series started. Maybe we'll get to see her glide on wind currents again!

  3. #153
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,105

    Default

    Any news if Olivia Wilde’s film IS about Jessica yet?

  4. #154
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Any news if Olivia Wilde’s film IS about Jessica yet?
    It's been crickets so far.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  5. #155
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I picked up two more issues of SW over the weekend. Only read one -- with War Machine on the cover. I thought it was a decent issue, but over all --- I'm finding Karla's action epic approach wanting. It's difficult to gauge Karla's version of Jessica --- because she's hyped up on serum. So we get Jess as a smart ass 24/7 -- and that gets old. I do like action, but as the case with action movies -- characterization is lacking.

    On a more positive note, I thought the art was very good. I think Jess going back to her classic outfit will help her stand out more than she has since this series started. Maybe we'll get to see her glide on wind currents again!
    You aren't alone there.
    I like the twists and the action but I'm unsure about some characterizations, Jess included.
    There's moments when it's very obvious that the serum is speaking rather than Jess but there's moments when it's not.
    I feel like it would be easier to gauge this if there had been a non-serum related arc before this one so we could compare the usual jess to the drugged up Jess as written by Karla.
    As things are now we'll have to wait and see for the next one instead.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Assassin's Creed - Ranked From Worst to Best
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: The Hand of Thrawn - Review

  6. #156
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,597
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  7. #157
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Definitely gonna be a brutal one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #158
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Definitely gonna be a brutal one.
    No doubt. Perez doesn't hold back on his artwork.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  9. #159
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    Really loved the ending to this arc. Very much looking forward to the next one!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  10. #160
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    2,646

    Default

    Well....wasn't expecting that twist in the fight but Ok. Lol. Still love this book so much.

  11. #161
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Well....wasn't expecting that twist in the fight but Ok. Lol. Still love this book so much.
    Which twist are we talking about here?

    spoilers:
    Octavia's methods on making the perfect (clone) child? or Octavia turning into a dinosaur?
    end of spoilers

    I love this series so much. I can't wait for the next arc.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  12. #162
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    2,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Which twist are we talking about here?

    spoilers:
    Octavia's methods on making the perfect (clone) child? or Octavia turning into a dinosaur?
    end of spoilers

    I love this series so much. I can't wait for the next arc.
    The second there. Totally not surprised about Octavia's relationship with her child. But that other point...I actually laughed

  13. #163
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The second there. Totally not surprised about Octavia's relationship with her child. But that other point...I actually laughed
    What does it say about me that I laughed at both points?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  14. #164
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Tone-wise I felt it was a bit all over the place.
    There were panels when I wasn't quite sure whether I was supposed to find it funny or disturbing/dramatic or both.

    The ending was wholesome though.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Assassin's Creed - Ranked From Worst to Best
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: The Hand of Thrawn - Review

  15. #165
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    3,941

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •