Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    We'll see. I think she's trying to cement Octavia as a big bad first.
    I could dig that.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

I picked up two more issues of SW over the weekend. Only read one -- with War Machine on the cover. I thought it was a decent issue, but over all --- I'm finding Karla's action epic approach wanting. It's difficult to gauge Karla's version of Jessica --- because she's hyped up on serum. So we get Jess as a smart ass 24/7 -- and that gets old. I do like action, but as the case with action movies -- characterization is lacking.

On a more positive note, I thought the art was very good. I think Jess going back to her classic outfit will help her stand out more than she has since this series started. Maybe we'll get to see her glide on wind currents again!

Extraordinary Member

Any news if Olivia Wilde’s film IS about Jessica yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Any news if Olivia Wilde’s film IS about Jessica yet?
    It's been crickets so far.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I picked up two more issues of SW over the weekend. Only read one -- with War Machine on the cover. I thought it was a decent issue, but over all --- I'm finding Karla's action epic approach wanting. It's difficult to gauge Karla's version of Jessica --- because she's hyped up on serum. So we get Jess as a smart ass 24/7 -- and that gets old. I do like action, but as the case with action movies -- characterization is lacking.

On a more positive note, I thought the art was very good. I think Jess going back to her classic outfit will help her stand out more than she has since this series started. Maybe we'll get to see her glide on wind currents again!
    You aren't alone there.
    I like the twists and the action but I'm unsure about some characterizations, Jess included.
    There's moments when it's very obvious that the serum is speaking rather than Jess but there's moments when it's not.
    I feel like it would be easier to gauge this if there had been a non-serum related arc before this one so we could compare the usual jess to the drugged up Jess as written by Karla.
    As things are now we'll have to wait and see for the next one instead.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Definitely gonna be a brutal one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Definitely gonna be a brutal one.
    No doubt. Perez doesn't hold back on his artwork.

Really loved the ending to this arc. Very much looking forward to the next one!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Well....wasn't expecting that twist in the fight but Ok. Lol. Still love this book so much.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Well....wasn't expecting that twist in the fight but Ok. Lol. Still love this book so much.
    Which twist are we talking about here?

spoilers:
    Octavia's methods on making the perfect (clone) child? or Octavia turning into a dinosaur?
    end of spoilers

I love this series so much. I can't wait for the next arc.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Which twist are we talking about here?

spoilers:
    Octavia's methods on making the perfect (clone) child? or Octavia turning into a dinosaur?
    end of spoilers

I love this series so much. I can't wait for the next arc.
    The second there. Totally not surprised about Octavia's relationship with her child. But that other point...I actually laughed

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The second there. Totally not surprised about Octavia's relationship with her child. But that other point...I actually laughed
    What does it say about me that I laughed at both points?

Tone-wise I felt it was a bit all over the place.
    There were panels when I wasn't quite sure whether I was supposed to find it funny or disturbing/dramatic or both.

The ending was wholesome though.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com