Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

No Spider-Woman in the June solicitations. ��

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

Why??? At least Silk has 4th issue for June but no Spider-Woman #13? Don't tell me the sales went bad too soon or the writer has given up on Jessica!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    No Spider-Woman in the June solicitations. ��
    A7E2CA61-FDFA-404D-817A-E3844143A68D.jpg

No worries.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Yeah Spider-Woman is skipping a month. It would be the third issue of the third arc. I guess marvel is shuffling stuff again
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Very good to know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Yeah Spider-Woman is skipping a month. It would be the third issue of the third arc. I guess marvel is shuffling stuff again
    I suspect there may still be Covid-related delays with production at the printers and such. There have been multiple titles on skip months during at least the last three months of solicitations, and over the last few months several books that were already solicited ended up getting quietly pushed back by a couple of weeks from the dates they were originally scheduled.

Champions and Runaways weren't solicited either, so it isn't just Spider-Woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I'm afraid I am still very frustrated...

This arc, which has been going on for a year, had an ideal opportunity to rectify the enormous continuity inconsistencies unexplained by Brian Michael Bendis' Origin series.

Karla did not have to include Wundagore Mountain or the High Evolutionary in this series, but she did, which shone a light on the huge elephant in the room.

The High Evolutionary cared for Jess for 30 years. When she awoke from her coma, she even thought he was her father.
    (Jess' origin is also tied to Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver's origins as well)

She lived in the Citadel - which her father helped construct - for years.
    And yet in this arc, she and the HE act like practical strangers.

I just don't get it... this was a blown opportunity to clean up (or at least explain away) an enormous Jessica Drew plot hole.
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

I hope to see more of Roger and Gerry in the near future. I’m not up to speed on Jess’ origin. I only picked it up during the Hopeless run.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    I'm afraid I am still very frustrated...

This arc, which has been going on for a year, had an ideal opportunity to rectify the enormous continuity inconsistencies unexplained by Brian Michael Bendis' Origin series.

Karla did not have to include Wundagore Mountain or the High Evolutionary in this series, but she did, which shone a light on the huge elephant in the room.

The High Evolutionary cared for Jess for 30 years. When she awoke from her coma, she even thought he was her father.
    (Jess' origin is also tied to Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver's origins as well)

She lived in the Citadel - which her father helped construct - for years.
    And yet in this arc, she and the HE act like practical strangers.

I just don't get it... this was a blown opportunity to clean up (or at least explain away) an enormous Jessica Drew plot hole.
    what is jessica's official canon origin at this point?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is jessica's official canon origin at this point?
    Unfortunately we don't know at this point.
    Even all the Wikis are fudging together disparate elements from the 1976 - 2005 canon and the Bendis unexplained reboot.

The Bendis origin is the official one.

That said, the High Evolutionary, is something, by the Bendis Origin, that Jess thought was a false memory. Jess has learned that he is not. That said, I have a feeling the fall out with this arc isn't over even though Jess is moving on to a new set of villains in the next arc
    Last edited by Seren; 03-20-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

alas... if only the origin was as simple as the old cartoon show..

Fantastic Member

The most recent Spider-Woman entry in the Marvel Handbook - written years after "SW: Origin" - does not recognize it as canon.

Karla suggested heavily that she would pull from the original origin - I am not sure what she used.

Well, considering that Marvel gave Karla the option to scrap both of Jess' origin's completely and start fresh, I could say we're lucky that didn't happen? She chose to stick with the more recent Bendis Origin and work in some of the OG stuff. For example, Karla over-rode the Bendis Retcon and brought in the High Evolutionary and the Knights of Wundagore as an actual part of her life rather than have them be some part of Hydra's brainwashing of Jess.

Secondly, we're getting new villains in the next arc, but from what Karla has said in recent interviews, there may be some more familiar faces from Jess' past popping up. We shall see.
    Last edited by Seren; 03-20-2021 at 04:52 PM.