Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I didn’t realize we were approaching a third arc already. It’s felt like one long arc up until this point.
    I'll second that. Had no idea this was arc 3.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Yup going into arc 3. Jess is back home with Gerry and Roger and we're getting a new villain for her that looks pretty cool. Also back to the classic costume. That is the cover to issue 12 below

SWOMAN2020012_Cov.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I'll second that. Had no idea this was arc 3.
    The first two arcs at least combine into a larger overall arc, but can also be broken down into their own separate pieces (ie the first arc dealing with Jessica getting infected with the serum, learning about her family connections, etc; the 2nd arc then dealt with her attempts to deal with the serum problems on her own, after turning her back on her manipulative psycho family, etc).

Another way of looking at it is we're now heading into the 3rd TPBs worth of material.

Extraordinary Member

Really hope we get more of Jess's personal life and a little less of the constant action. She is a mother, she has a boy friend...give her some downtime to enjoy those aspects of her life. As well bring in some old friends for her supporting cast as others have said. And Tigra showing up could be funny with Roger getting stuck on babysitting duty with both Gerry and William.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Really hope we get more of Jess's personal life and a little less of the constant action. She is a mother, she has a boy friend...give her some downtime to enjoy those aspects of her life. As well bring in some old friends for her supporting cast as others have said. And Tigra showing up could be funny with Roger getting stuck on babysitting duty with both Gerry and William.
    That could be fun, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That could be lots of fun. I'd love to see Tigra show up.

Gotta see what's up with spoilers:
    Lindsay McCabe
    end of spoilers in the next arc first though.

I will stop. I am just really excited about it.
    Last edited by Seren; 03-29-2021 at 09:21 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Meanwhile I'm all for Jess finding another clone of [redacted] and adopting [them] because I'm not over [redacted]'s fate
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Meanwhile I'm all for Jess finding another clone of [redacted] and adopting [them] because I'm not over [redacted]'s fate
    I wouldn't be upset if that happened. Between Rebecca, [Redacted] and the spider-ladies Jess has mentored she's gonna get a reputation as the Cool Wine Aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    That could be lots of fun. I'd love to see Tigra show up.

Gotta see what's up with spoilers:
    Lindsay McCabe
    end of spoilers in the next arc first though.

I will stop. I am just really excited about it.
    I wouldn't be upset if that happened. Between Rebecca, [Redacted] and the spider-ladies Jess has mentored she's gonna get a reputation as the Cool Wine Aunt.
    Cosigned. Very much cosigned.

Extraordinary Member

Been letting this process in my mind for a while before putting it out there...

While I love the series and the characters...I am kind of annoyed that it started with a trope that I really hate...the sick and dying hero. I don't like it...no sir...not one bit.

I get her getting away from Gerry and Roger for their safety...and her thinking of them and us seeing them on the farm...but it seemed to me it might have just been a way to get them out of the picture so the Karla did not have to deal with them. They need to be shown to be in her life and not portrayed as something in the background.

Jess needs to earn a living doing good, old-fashioned P.I. work. Bodyguard stuff like how this series started, marital infidelity (who else could get pics of a cheating spouse 35 floors up), missing persons, working for defense attorneys, bounty hunting, etc...and in the MU these sorts of things do NOT preclude dealing with super-powered bodyguards, henchmen, or other ne'er do wells. Let this be more than just a superhero book.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-30-2021 at 05:39 PM.

While I love the series and the characters...I am kind of annoyed that it started with a trope that I really hate...the sick and dying hero. I don't like it...no sir...not one bit.

I get her getting away from Gerry and Roger for their safety...and her thinking of them and us seeing them on the farm...but it seemed to me it might have just been a way to get them out of the picture so the Karla did not have to deal with them. They need to be shown to be in her life and not portrayed as something in the background.

Jess needs to earn a living doing good, old-fashioned P.I. work. Bodyguard stuff like how this series started, marital infidelity (who else could get pics of a cheating spouse 35 floors up), missing persons, working for defense attorneys, bounty hunting, etc...and in the MU these sorts of things do NOT preclude dealing with super-powered bodyguards, henchmen, or other ne'er do wells. Let this be more than just a superhero book.
    I wouldn't mind any of this (except Roger. I'm not a fan of him at all) but Karla has said in interviews that Marvel wanted a big action packed breaking bad sort of series for Spider-Woman. It seems to be working as the series is going into arc three.

I wouldn't mind any of this (except Roger. I'm not a fan of him at all) but Karla has said in interviews that Marvel wanted a big action packed breaking bad sort of series for Spider-Woman. It seems to be working as the series is going into arc three.
    For the most part, that all sounds good to me as well.

I agree completely. Roger is the reformed villain Porcupine trained by Jess. He could be of some help besides watching Gerry. He’s with Gerry 24/7 and Jess has hardly been with Gerry at all. Some family time is needed.

Extraordinary Member

Roger was actually something I liked about the previous volumes. And getting rid of him just adds to something I hate...the lack of successful relationships in comics. I look at the 1st 10 issues as one arc about her getting the sickness dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I agree completely. Roger is the reformed villain Porcupine trained by Jess. He could be of some help besides watching Gerry. He’s with Gerry 24/7 and Jess has hardly been with Gerry at all. Some family time is needed.
    Gerry should definitely be shown backing Jess up from time to time.

(Bolded)Exactly...if this keeps up...pawning Gerry off to Roger so she can run around adventuring...than she will look like a bad mother. And with Roger having an ex-wife and daughter they could portray some modern extended family stuff in a positive way about divorced parents having an amicable relationship for their kid. And how does Roger's daughter Kalie view Gerry? As just her father's girlfriend's kid?
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-31-2021 at 05:32 AM.

Does Rogers ex wife and daughter even know he's alive or do they still think he's dead? It was never addressed. Last we saw, Jess told them he was dead.

I don't like Roger at all. Yeah he's a good dude but I feel like he's only with Jess bc no one knew what else to do with him and Jess needs someone to watch the kid. It was the biggest disappointment of the whole Hallum run for me. I'd rather Jess had stayed single than be with anyone at all.

As far as Gerry is concerned, I'd like to see more of him yes. But I don't want a constant day in the life of Spider-Woman that Gerry this and Gerry that She's a superhero who can still go one superhero adventures.

And again, please remember what Marvel wanted for the character...a lot of action. So, I think that's what we're going to continue to get. If Karla wasn't delivering what Marvel wanted we wouldn't be getting a third arc.

As always, if you're frustrated with the direction the book is going write Marvel and tell them that. I assure you they read every email whether it's marked ok to print or not. mheroes@marvel.com and SpideyOffice@Marvel.com
    Last edited by Seren; 03-31-2021 at 06:27 AM.