Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Love the new book (although I am iffy on the art, and I DETEST that horrid new costume [nothing like the iconic yellow and red for Jess]).
    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I think it looks sick. Maybe not the spider web prints bit because all the spider characters have these already but otherwise I'm game.
    Yeah, I could take or leave the new costume, but it would probably be at least somewhat improved with more red and less web, since she has her own mythos independent of Spider-Man's. That said, I do like Future Fight's tweaks to her classic design, and I'd be all right seeing that take in the comics proper.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I've grown to love the new costume. And I agree, I think Future Fight did a great job updating the classic.

That said, looks like Jess is going back to the motorcycle jacket at some point?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Well, that would help -- even though acrobatic characters shouldn't be wearing jackets into action. The only positive thing I can say about the new outfit is that she has opaque lenses again. I wasn't a fan of the transparent goggles -- otherwise her second outfit wasn't that bad.

As for the webbing -- they should either have gone whole hog and done more to make her looks like Spider-Man (which I would have hated, but at least the design would be better) or just not added it at all over the red. (my preference). And the black mask with her dark hair was a bad design choice (contrast is good).

The story is still 'meh' for me. While I like that the return of things like Wundagore and the High Evolutionary, I'd rather watch Jess be a hero than an a-hole (which I realize is due to the serum).
    Last edited by kcekada; 01-06-2021 at 05:27 PM.

[New character] shows up and does nothing but I already like her. Sick design too.

On another note: I liked this issue better than the last few and I got some Extreme Dinosaurs Flashbacks at one point.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

[New character] shows up and does nothing but I already like her. Sick design too.

On another note: I liked this issue better than the last few and I got some Extreme Dinosaurs Flashbacks at one point.
    I started a spoiler thread so we can have unredacted discussion on the issue. Those last few pages provided a bunch of information.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I've grown to love the new costume. And I agree, I think Future Fight did a great job updating the classic.

That said, looks like Jess is going back to the motorcycle jacket at some point?
    Hmm, that would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I started a spoiler thread so we can have unredacted discussion on the issue. Those last few pages provided a bunch of information.
    Got it! Good to know.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I could take or leave the new costume, but it would probably be at least somewhat improved with more red and less web, since she has her own mythos independent of Spider-Man's. That said, I do like Future Fight's tweaks to her classic design, and I'd be all right seeing that take in the comics proper.
    Does this represent the Future Fight tweaks?
    Seams, texture panels, raised trim...cankles?

Nice origin recap!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-07-2021 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Does this represent the Future Fight tweaks?
    Seams, texture panels, raised trim...cankles?

Nice origin recap!
    More or less. I particularly liked the additional black notches at her wrists and ankles.

Well it does seem like the old custome will become the default again starting with issue #11.
    I might be late with this and the solicits told us as much long ago. I don't read em

More importantly than the outfit change it seems we are going back to family life for Jess which I assume is good news or bad news for you depending on your opinion on said family.

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

My Twitter

Well it does seem like the old custome will become the default again starting with issue #11.
    I might be late with this and the solicits told us as much long ago. I don't read em

More importantly than the outfit change it seems we are going back to family life for Jess which I assume is good news or bad news for you depending on your opinion on said family.

Well, she's been wearing it in other books and the currently running Last Remains storyline in ASM, so it never really left...but considering how they were pushing the Hopeless costume when it first debuited, it's kind of surreal to see them promoting how iconic and timeless her classic look is.

Happy it's back in her book though .

I'm ok with Jess found family. My issue lies with her evil golden retriever of a brother and ...other characters that have recently been introduced.

I love it all and I'm thrilled the series is ongoing

Same, though even if Jessica is able to go back to Gerry and Roger . . . I'm pretty sure there are still some burnt bridges between her and her friends that'll have to be rebuilt eventually, among other repercussions. At least she's got a potentially expanded rogues gallery for more stories, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how Pacheco and Perez can keep going with this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same, though even if Jessica is able to go back to Gerry and Roger . . . I'm pretty sure there are still some burnt bridges between her and her friends that'll have to be rebuilt eventually, among other repercussions. At least she's got a potentially expanded rogues gallery for more stories, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how Pacheco and Perez can keep going with this series.
    A couple of issues dedicated to reaching out to people again would be great ngl with like each issue featuring someone she wronged or hurt and Carol being the final one to close out the second arc.

Though it would be interesting to see how well Pacheco does that.
    Don't get me wrong she's great with sassy dialogue, brutal storytelling and interactions between people that hate on another but heart to heart talks might not be her specific strength or at least she hasn't shown it yet.

Admittedly I have never read anything of hers before Spider-woman so maybe shes actually great at that and I am the fool.

My Twitter

A couple of issues dedicated to reaching out to people again would be great ngl with like each issue featuring someone she wronged or hurt and Carol being the final one to close out the second arc.

Though it would be interesting to see how well Pacheco does that.
    Don't get me wrong she's great with sassy dialogue, brutal storytelling and interactions between people that hate on another but heart to heart talks might not be her specific strength or at least she hasn't shown it yet.

Admittedly I have never read anything of hers before Spider-woman so maybe shes actually great at that and I am the fool.
    Karla has done some one shot comics for Marvel before but Spider-Woman is her first ongoing (I don't know what her pitch was, but I know at least one of the writers she beat out and he's no slouch). I loved her Night Nurse story in Fearless and her Misty Night Story from Secret Empire. You'll also want to check out Fantastic Four 2099 - that came out right when the series was announced.

You may also want to check out Betty Page - Karla did a 5 issue arc there and it's been getting good reviews, though I admit I'm behind.

That said, I think Karla can pull of the emotional beats - I think issue #7 was a good example of that.
    Last edited by Seren; 01-13-2021 at 09:55 PM.