Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm in. I am definitely in.
    Need to go back and re-read because I am very clearly missing things.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Jean Grey is a founding member of X-Factor back in 1986.

How I wish that Jean Grey had stayed DEAD. Rachel Summers should had been the 5th member of X-Factor...
    (It was actually planned to be Dazzler.)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    (It was actually planned to be Dazzler.)
    And Sara Grey with Jean’s powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    And Sara Grey with Jean’s powers.
    IIRC...Sara was going to have the ability to activate latent mutant powers.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    IIRC...Sara was going to have the ability to activate latent mutant powers.
    Both wrong lol. According to Screenrant she’d be a human cerebro, tying that gift to Rachel’s hound powers.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...a-phoenix/amp/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That's gonna be interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

...So is this going to be like with Zoe Kravitz playing Mary Jane or are they going to racebend Jessica?

Will the British accent be out?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...So is this going to be like with Zoe Kravitz playing Mary Jane or are they going to racebend Jessica?

Will the British accent be out?
    I think more like the first. And according to creators, Jess accent has mostly fadeddie to spending more time in the US though she has the occasional British turn of phrase
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I said this in another thread, but it probably stands to be repeated here. I wonder if they can't use things like Hydra and the High Evolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I think more like the first. And according to creators, Jess accent has mostly fadeddie to spending more time in the US though she has the occasional British turn of phrase
    I've been reading her with an accent ever since that Motion Comic, because I thought that was Bendis putting his official stamp on how she's supposed to sound, although I feel like writers don't really write her that way anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I said this in another thread, but it probably stands to be repeated here. I wonder if they can't use things like Hydra and the High Evolutionary.
    That's an interesting question. The live-action Spider-Man movies are obviously allowed to reference the Avengers and Thanos and whatnot, but I have no idea if that extends to the animated ones. Though going off the precedent of the first movie, Jessica's origin will likely, at most be covered in a brief snappy montage like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's an interesting question. The live-action Spider-Man movies are obviously allowed to reference the Avengers and Thanos and whatnot, but I have no idea if that extends to the animated ones. Though going off the precedent of the first movie, Jessica's origin will likely, at most be covered in a brief snappy montage like the others.
    I think they had to get permission to use Kingpin because they don't have the rights to him (it's why Kingpin was never in Spectacular and they replaced him with Tombstone/Big Man).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they had to get permission to use Kingpin because they don't have the rights to him (it's why Kingpin was never in Spectacular and they replaced him with Tombstone/Big Man).
    Kingpin seems like he'd be in one of those gray areas like Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch were before Disney bought Fox. Sure, he's heavily associated with Daredevil, but he debuted in a Spider-Man comic, and has been a long time Spider-Man foe on numerous occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Kingpin seems like he'd be in one of those gray areas like Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch were before Disney bought Fox. Sure, he's heavily associated with Daredevil, but he debuted in a Spider-Man comic, and has been a long time Spider-Man foe on numerous occasions.
    Kingpin shares the same rights as Jess - He's shared between Marvel and Sony (Sony was able to use him wants the rights with Fox lapsed).