Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Love the new book (although I am iffy on the art, and I DETEST that horrid new costume [nothing like the iconic yellow and red for Jess]).
    Well you'll be happy in April!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

One of my favorites from Marvel, love to sse her in a new team book
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Astonishing Member

Well, a new storyline and return to classic, albiet updated, outfit is cool by me. I'm interested to see how Pacheco writes Jess who is not affected by the serum.

I didn't think her version of Carol Danvers rang true, but I haven't read any Captain Marvel stories since the 'Life of Captain Marvel' mini-series a while ago. She seemed a bit sappy in her SW appearances.

Fantastic Member

This is very good news. I don't see the Perez tweaks on that promo - it looks completely Marie Severin.

Or is it the Future Fight design?

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    This is very good news. I don't see the Perez tweaks on that promo - it looks completely Marie Severin.

We won't know what the tweaks are until we get some preview art of it I think.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Karla has done some one shot comics for Marvel before but Spider-Woman is her first ongoing (I don't know what her pitch was, but I know at least one of the writers she beat out and he's no slouch). I loved her Night Nurse story in Fearless and her Misty Night Story from Secret Empire. You'll also want to check out Fantastic Four 2099 - that came out right when the series was announced.

You may also want to check out Betty Page - Karla did a 5 issue arc there and it's been getting good reviews, though I admit I'm behind.

That said, I think Karla can pull of the emotional beats - I think issue #7 was a good example of that.
    Thanks for the suggestions but I'll probably just wait and see rather than hunting those down. I'm on board with this run either way since I like to keep tabs on my favourites solo stuff (reminds me I should check out what Laura Kinney has been doing) unless it's really aggressively bad like that time they made Natasha the punisher last year or so.
    And I already know that even if Karla ends up not quite hitting the spot for the next arc or a specific factor for me it won't be the end of the world because everything else so far worked for me well enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Well, a new storyline and return to classic, albiet updated, outfit is cool by me. I'm interested to see how Pacheco writes Jess who is not affected by the serum.

I didn't think her version of Carol Danvers rang true, but I haven't read any Captain Marvel stories since the 'Life of Captain Marvel' mini-series a while ago. She seemed a bit sappy in her SW appearances.
    Tbf, Jess is her best friend.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Good riddance to the black suit!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post

Don't know if it was intentional or a mistake, but the yellow part ended near her naval instead of near her private parts. Maybe that's one of the tweaks? The wings need to be larger though.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Tbh at least in that one pic from the side it kind of reminds me of pyjamas now
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

His character concept sketches are always a bit rougher than when he actually gets them in the comic. See Ophelia Vermis.

Also, Pere is now Marvel Exclusive so that's awesome.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Tbh at least in that one pic from the side it kind of reminds me of pyjamas now
    Yeah, unfortunately Perez had a tendency to draw Jess some flabby -- especially in distant shots. I had to check to make sure he drew that variant cover -- because that's head & shoulders above the second pic.

Tbh Jess would totally get cozy PJ's of her costume and wear them at home because she can so that checks out imo.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Tbh Jess would totally get cozy PJ's of her costume and wear them at home because she can so that checks out imo.
    You are not wrong. I'm pretty sure Jess would absolutely have her own merchandise. Purchase it as soon as she sees it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    You are not wrong. I'm pretty sure Jess would absolutely have her own merchandise. Purchase it as soon as she sees it.
    Bet she's got a handful of branded coffee cups of carol and maybe someone like Nat too.

Jokes aside I do think I remember her keeping up what the internet says about her once or twice too.

My Twitter