Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This book is absolutely amazing. My review.
    https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...es-a-hat-trick

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Right?

Also I'm really digging the upgrades to Jess suit there was another one this issue
    The electric circuit-like lines that ran through her suit when she was using her venom blast?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The electric circuit-like lines that ran through her suit when she was using her venom blast?
    Bingo. Thought that was a nice touch.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Bingo. Thought that was a nice touch.
    Same here.

It’s technically year two for the book. Do you want more new villains, or old ones? A healthy mix of the two? I wanna see Jess take on the Serpent Society, especially the female characters, and maybe another run in with the Juggernaut, or other members of the Exemplars.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I didn’t even notice that, I was so elated with Lindsay. I’ll have to give it another look.

Also—El Aguila should be in this arc! He would be PERFECT!

Really enjoyed that issue. I think this creative team is at its best when they dive into the action packed hijinks rather than the emotional character interactions of some past issues.

Which sounds like a backhanded compliment but isn't intended to be.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I didn’t even notice that, I was so elated with Lindsay. I’ll have to give it another look.
    Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s technically year two for the book. Do you want more new villains, or old ones? A healthy mix of the two? I wanna see Jess take on the Serpent Society, especially the female characters, and maybe another run in with the Juggernaut, or other members of the Exemplars.
    I like those ideas. Make new villains, and dust off old ones, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Really enjoyed that issue. I think this creative team is at its best when they dive into the action packed hijinks rather than the emotional character interactions of some past issues.

I get you. Superhero comics are generally at their best with plenty of action.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

For me it is a balance...constant action with no downtime does not really give them time to actually develop a character.

I liked that they made Lady Bullseye put up a fight here. In the last couple of years years she was mostly used as a joke and humiliated by characters who should have no business beating her so this was a nice change.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I liked that they made Lady Bullseye put up a fight here. In the last couple of years years she was mostly used as a joke and humiliated by characters who should have no business beating her so this was a nice change.
    That and I'm glad they remembered that Jess had faced off against Lady Bullseye before. That just made the issue all the better for me. I love call backs.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    For me it is a balance...constant action with no downtime does not really give them time to actually develop a character.
    Also a very solid point.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Yeah, that was nice.

A pilot mistook Jess for Spider-Man, she shouts that they're not related. New Avengers reference? Didn't Peter and Veranke (who at the time we thought was Jessica) say something similar when she joined the team? About how people think they're connected, when they just have similar codenames and aren't related?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A pilot mistook Jess for Spider-Man, she shouts that they're not related. New Avengers reference? Didn't Peter and Veranke (who at the time we thought was Jessica) say something similar when she joined the team? About how people think they're connected, when they just have similar codenames and aren't related?
    Yeah, that was funny. And not so much a New Avengers reference as addressing a common assumption both in-universe and out, I think.