Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    In terms of characters' tones:
    Peter/Spidey is a bombastic smart alec chatterbox
    Jessica Jones is bitter, surly and sarcastic
    With regard to Jessica Drew, with her resurgence she's been alll over the place, at her best and most unique, she's serious, mysterious, and has an aura of creepiness
    He's not as chatterbox-y as many think.Zdarsky nails his voice specially in DD.He's not always talking.
    Agreed, they kinda took away all the mystery and creepy stuff imo and in this run she's a quipper.I miss the days when she was more serious

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Mattie Franklin indeed. I really enjoyed the intersection of all the Spider-Women types in that title.
    Yeah, I just wish more could have been done with that, but at least it got picked up in Alias's third arc or so with Jones and Drew (both first-named Jessica) teaming up to rescue Mattie from an MGH (Mutant Growth Hormone) dealer harvesting her DNA.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

In trying to modernize Jessica, recent writers - from Bendis on down - have sassed her up, while not understanding or caring - bout her longstanding character. It is what it is. I'm sure the longterm Iron Man fans feel the same way about the "Robert Downey Jr-ization" of Tony Stark these days.
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

I feel like Karla Pacheco has given more love to Jess original series than previous writers have.

Artist Pere Perez also confirmed on Instagram that the 4th arc is a go. I can't wait.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    In trying to modernize Jessica, recent writers - from Bendis on down - have sassed her up, while not understanding or caring - bout her longstanding character. It is what it is. I'm sure the longterm Iron Man fans feel the same way about the "Robert Downey Jr-ization" of Tony Stark these days.
    All this.
    Also with w/Bendis and even after she has lost a lot of her originality.She has a great voice to her, it's gone from the current comics

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I feel like Karla Pacheco has given more love to Jess original series than previous writers have.

Artist Pere Perez also confirmed on Instagram that the 4th arc is a go. I can't wait.
    Oh absolutely, this run feels more like the original series than any other since.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    All this.
    Also with w/Bendis and even after she has lost a lot of her originality.She has a great voice to her, it's gone from the current comics
    Even though this run feels more like the original, I dont necessarily disagree with you here. However, some of it has to be looked at as character growth and developement...plus Claremont had her move on from the self doubt and in her what, 4 issue run, Ann Nocenti had her be a little snarky (if I am remembering correctly, it's been a while but that is something I recall from that brief run.)

I wish Ann Nocenti had more than 4 issues with Jess but she was hired specifically to kill Jess off ...and after the fact realized what a bad idea that was.

Anyway yeah, would have loved to see it. I also realized that Karla Pacheco is the first woman to write Jessica's solo series since Ann.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I wish Ann Nocenti had more than 4 issues with Jess but she was hired specifically to kill Jess off ...and after the fact realized what a bad idea that was.

Anyway yeah, would have loved to see it. I also realized that Karla Pacheco is the first woman to write Jessica's solo series since Ann.
    Hmm, that is interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Lindsay is ripped...and Gerry has a stuffed shark named Jeff?

And I do not like the way she is downplaying Roger leaving....he left for a good reason and a little self awareness on Jess's part would be nice.

Not to go all Darthfury78 on the thread...but I want to see a Spider-Man crossover....with Lindsay and MJ being cast in the same play.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 08-12-2021 at 05:50 PM.

So today is the 25th Anniversary of Mark Gruenwald's passing. One of the last things he wrote for Marvel was a Spider-Woman one shot that appeared at the end of the Sensational SPider-Man Annual in 1996. He was intending to relaunch Spider-Woman starring Jessica shortly after that one shot, but passed before it could be realised. That one shot was also the last time we saw Lindsay in the comics outside of a brief flash back in 2013. 25 years since he passed, and Lindsay is back in the comics. I think Mark would be very pleased about that since he's the one who created her.

RIP Mark Gruenwald. You put your stamp on Jessica Drew and I'm thankful for it.

@chris0013 Yes Gerry has the Jeff the Landshark plushie he received in issue #10.
    Last edited by Seren; 08-12-2021 at 08:18 PM.

The three panel joke about the watch was hilarious.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    The three panel joke about the watch was hilarious.
    I definitely lol'd

So today is the 25th Anniversary of Mark Gruenwald's passing. One of the last things he wrote for Marvel was a Spider-Woman one shot that appeared at the end of the Sensational SPider-Man Annual in 1996. He was intending to relaunch Spider-Woman starring Jessica shortly after that one shot, but passed before it could be realised. That one shot was also the last time we saw Lindsay in the comics outside of a brief flash back in 2013. 25 years since he passed, and Lindsay is back in the comics. I think Mark would be very pleased about that since he's the one who created her.

RIP Mark Gruenwald. You put your stamp on Jessica Drew and I'm thankful for it.

@chris0013 Yes Gerry has the Jeff the Landshark plushie he received in issue #10.
    Thanks . . . I forget sometimes that he didn't just write Captain America, however great that run was. And wow . . . that long since Lindsay McCabe was last seen in comics. That's quite a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks . . . I forget sometimes that he didn't just write Captain America, however great that run was. And wow . . . that long since Lindsay McCabe was last seen in comics. That's quite a shame.
    Yeah it is. He created Lindsay too. Glad Karla brought her back.