Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Solicitation for Spider-Woman #17 is up. Loving both these covers.

Pretty cool. And I like that idea someone suggested earlier of Lindsay McCabe and Mary Jane Watson being in the same movie, perhaps with Lindsay being MJ's stand-in for stunts.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty cool. And I like that idea someone suggested earlier of Lindsay McCabe and Mary Jane Watson being in the same movie, perhaps with Lindsay being MJ's stand-in for stunts.
    Lindsay is an actress as well...I was thinking of them being in the same play together.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Lindsay is an actress as well...I was thinking of them being in the same play together.
    Oh, cool. That would be great, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

That's an interesting jump for Lyndsey. I was remembering her as more of a less physical person from the original run, but that may be from too many years in the brain, but I like it...a nice development of character for her.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    That's an interesting jump for Lyndsey. I was remembering her as more of a less physical person from the original run, but that may be from too many years in the brain, but I like it...a nice development of character for her.
    I think maybe earlier in the run yes she was less physical. But I think I recall by the Wolverine run she could hold her own in a fight?? And I think she was doing stuntwork by then too.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I think maybe earlier in the run yes she was less physical. But I think I recall by the Wolverine run she could hold her own in a fight?? And I think she was doing stuntwork by then too.
    Yeah, the WOLVERINE appearances established that she had done some stunt work already--which is when she had learned about firearms, which is how she was able to handle a rifle in some of those stories. She never was quite a full on action-girl, but she was shown to be able to handle herself if the situation called for it (including surviving a murder attempt by the Viper).

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yeah, the WOLVERINE appearances established that she had done some stunt work already--which is when she had learned about firearms, which is how she was able to handle a rifle in some of those stories. She never was quite a full on action-girl, but she was shown to be able to handle herself if the situation called for it (including surviving a murder attempt by the Viper).
    Glad to know I wasn't far off! And going back to Lindsay - it would be really cool if she was MJ's stunt double or something.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Screw that. I want to see the two go after the same roles, and being shady af to each other. I’d put my money on Lindsay.

Extraordinary Member

I would love for them to work together, I want Lindsay to be her stunt-woman.
    And for going for the same role,MJ is a far superior actress than Lindsay in both experience and popularity in universe.It's not even close.
    Also Lindsay buff as heck, so she won't even be looking for the same roles as MJ.She'd make a good Abby like character as well, as much as it's a dumpster fire of a character Abby herself was.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-21-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    And for going for the same role,MJ is a far superior actress than Lindsay in both experience and popularity in universe.It's not even close.
    Also Lindsay buff as heck, so she won't even be looking for the same roles as MJ.She'd make a good Abby like character as well, as much as it's a dumpster fire of a character Abby herself was.
    I have no idea who Abby is.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Lindsay was an actress for more than a decade before MJ started.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Lindsay was an actress for more than a decade before MJ started.
    Yes, and was appearing in film roles while MJ was still working on soaps. That said, Lindsay's acting career seemed to drop off over the years--MJ likely does have the more prominent career at this point in time.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, and was appearing in film roles while MJ was still working on soaps. That said, Lindsay's acting career seemed to drop off over the years--MJ likely does have the more prominent career at this point in time.
    And...IIRC from the Wolverine series...they were not the most well received films.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And...IIRC from the Wolverine series...they were not the most well received films.
    Some did better than others, but yeah, it seemed like a lot of her films were either not big hits or not great roles. Her acting career had hit a slump, which is part of why she ended up becoming a P.I. with Jessica in the first place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Screw that. I want to see the two go after the same roles, and being shady af to each other. I’d put my money on Lindsay.
    Why's it gotta be that way? Why can't women be supportive of each other?

Some did better than others, but yeah, it seemed like a lot of her films were either not big hits or not great roles. Her acting career had hit a slump, which is part of why she ended up becoming a P.I. with Jessica in the first place.
    And IIRC Prince Baran did say she was a good actress.