Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I have no idea who Abby is.
    From Last of us 2, the video game

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Lindsay was an actress for more than a decade before MJ started.
    Lindsay's hasn't acted in a bit, MJ just finished up a role for a major film.
    And MJ has been actually famous, when has Lindsay ever made a movie even remotely close to anything MJ has done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Why's it gotta be that way? Why can't women be supportive of each other?

And IIRC Prince Baran did say she was a good actress.
    Fr, not even just women.Just have people in comics specially be friendly since that's how it would go, don't need forced drama.
    And they won't even play the same role, different physiques.
    MJ would make a killer Black widow, Lindsay is more of an Abby.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Lindsay's hasn't acted in a bit, MJ just finished up a role for a major film.
    In fairness, Lindsay hasn't been seen on-panel in years until now -- do we really know what she's been up to during that time? Its also not like MJ has been working steadily as an actor either. Yes, she just did a big movie--but before that she was out of the acting world for a few years, running her own dance club, working as a personal assistant to Tony Stark, etc.

And MJ has been actually famous, when has Lindsay ever made a movie even remotely close to anything MJ has done.
    Lindsay may not have a big blockbuster movie behind her like MJ does now, but she does have a long history of several movies that were successful enough to come to attention of a foreign prince. Most of MJ's success and fame prior to this movie is from modelling and a soap opera. Its not like MJ has a long career as a Hollywood super-star either.

And they won't even play the same role, different physiques.
    MJ would make a killer Black widow, Lindsay is more of an Abby.
    With Lindsay's more athletic physique, wouldn't she be the one more likely to play a Black Widow?

To be clear, I am not advocating for the idea of MJ and Lindsay competing for the same roles, etc. I'm just saying that if you look at the overall acting careers of both women they are on a bit more of an even footing than you suggest. MJ is definitely in a career high point at the moment, but its too soon to say if this will be the breakout role that launches her to a full on career of Hollywood superstardom or if she'll be one of those stars that burns bright and fades quickly with only one or two box office hits before fading away into supporting roles or disappearing from Hollywood altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Screw that. I want to see the two go after the same roles, and being shady af to each other. I’d put my money on Lindsay.
    Lol, nah thanks.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    With Lindsay's more athletic physique, wouldn't she be the one more likely to play a Black Widow?
    Most artists draw BW as the slender ballerina type, not that much athletic. And given that MJ and Natasha already look pretty similar depending on the artist I second the notion she'd be perfect to play her:

maryj2019001004_col.jpg

It's new to me to see users on a comic board not arguing who the better fighter is but who has a better acting career.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I'd say that Lindsay has been in the industry longer and has found niche in the B movie market and probably has something of a fanbase. Also, I'm pretty sure Jess loves watching B rated slasher/horror fics, which I think Lindsay mostly gets roles in. Pretty sure theres a scene in Hopeless Spider-Woman where Carol and Jess are watching one of those sort of movies
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Most artists draw BW as the slender ballerina type, not that much athletic. And given that MJ and Natasha already look pretty similar depending on the artist I second the notion she'd be perfect to play her:

maryj2019001004_col.jpg

It's new to me to see users on a comic board not arguing who the better fighter is but who has a better acting career.
    This, Nat isn't muscle heavy as Lindsay.She's acrobatic and elegant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    In fairness, Lindsay hasn't been seen on-panel in years until now -- do we really know what she's been up to during that time? Its also not like MJ has been working steadily as an actor either. Yes, she just did a big movie--but before that she was out of the acting world for a few years, running her own dance club, working as a personal assistant to Tony Stark, etc.

Lindsay may not have a big blockbuster movie behind her like MJ does now, but she does have a long history of several movies that were successful enough to come to attention of a foreign prince. Most of MJ's success and fame prior to this movie is from modelling and a soap opera. Its not like MJ has a long career as a Hollywood super-star either.

To be clear, I am not advocating for the idea of MJ and Lindsay competing for the same roles, etc. I'm just saying that if you look at the overall acting careers of both women they are on a bit more of an even footing than you suggest. MJ is definitely in a career high point at the moment, but its too soon to say if this will be the breakout role that launches her to a full on career of Hollywood superstardom or if she'll be one of those stars that burns bright and fades quickly with only one or two box office hits before fading away into supporting roles or disappearing from Hollywood altogether.
    Yeah, she's great at many things.But many have said she's a great actress.

She seems to handle it well.

Explained in post above.

Yeah, but MJ still has the "high ground", so to speak.

I mean she kinda does great at any job she takes.Acting is a bit weird in that the writers don't portray her kissing another actor accurately imo.Like they did one and kinda tried to make it a thing.Peter was accurate in that he knew it's a job and not a big deal, but the narration was weird on that one.
    I mean I'd rather MJ play a lead than love interest.Easy enough to have no love interest in a film as well to avoid the issue.Doesn't help w/ people who think she's "unfaithful" as well.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'd say that Lindsay has been in the industry longer and has found niche in the B movie market and probably has something of a fanbase. Also, I'm pretty sure Jess loves watching B rated slasher/horror fics, which I think Lindsay mostly gets roles in. Pretty sure theres a scene in Hopeless Spider-Woman where Carol and Jess are watching one of those sort of movies
    HAHAHA!! I Second this, that's awesome! Lyndsey would be great in movies like Sharknado and the such! That needs to be canon asap!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    HAHAHA!! I Second this, that's awesome! Lyndsey would be great in movies like Sharknado and the such! That needs to be canon asap!
    I’m trying to think of an actress who’d be perfect for her, and I’ve got it: Billie Lourd.

grumblegrumblespoilers:
    mentioning pheromones in the Spider-Man No Way Home Trailer and not showing Jessica Drew.
    end of spoilersgrumblegrumble

Don't mine me
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

grumblegrumblespoilers:
    mentioning pheromones in the Spider-Man No Way Home Trailer and not showing Jessica Drew.

Don't mine me
    The number of girls he gets in comics, kinda makes sense.
    Although he has looks, smarts, morals and personality and that's just Peter.Add in Spider-man and it's not surprising.

grumblegrumblespoilers:

Don't mine me
    Well..., guess I'll put my pickaxe into my empty mining car and push it back home then.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 08-24-2021 at 05:28 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

grumblegrumblespoilers:

Don't mine me
    The number of girls he gets in comics, kinda makes sense.
    Although he has looks, smarts, morals and personality and that's just Peter.Add in Spider-man and it's not surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Well..., guess I'll put my pickaxe into my empty mining car and push it back home then.
    Maybe in the future . . . maybe in the future . . . we can only hope, I suppose.
    The spider is always on the hunt.