Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Not to mention that we started talking about all of this because we were talking about the possibility of her showing up on screen somewhere and no one really gives a s*it about comic sales when it comes to that.
    Or how many Mobius Books have broken sales records lately?
    The last one or two got canceled after a few issues, if I recall right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That is why I say they should do a Marvel Fanfare/Marvel Spotlight type book again...rotating creative teams telling stories of the characters who aren't in regular books or who have not been seen for a while.
    I hadn't thought of that but it could help out characters who either can't or aren't allowed to sustain ongoing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Spider-Man is an utterly bad example in this discussion as he is and always will be Marvel's most popular character. No other Marvel hero is comparable to him and Marvel doesn't need to push him.

All the other "big" characters that are published constantly had slumps but Marvel never cancelled their books for longer periods, they always got second chances. When one calls Black Cat's selling numbers atrocious it's interesting to point out that Tony's book is currently selling worse than Felicia's. But out of these two only Felicia is in danger of getting cancelled, and that exactly shows the problem.

If Marvel had been as patient with Jess, Nat, and Felicia as they were with Cap, Tony, or Matt then these characters would now have a bigger following. Carol is the best example, she was given relaunch after relaunch despite all of them weren't selling until Thompson's run finally started to take off and now Carol sells no worse than Steve or Tony.
    I think it would be interesting to see Jessica and Felicia working together in a crossover event against the Shadow King and Carnage..

Just did some math and Karla Pacheco, Pere Perez, and Frank D'Armata are the most consistent creative team on a Spider-Woman solo to date. No other creative team has gone as many issues together has they have. While there are writers who have written more issues of Spider-Woman and Artists who had drawn more, they have done the most issues TOGETHER.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Just did some math and Karla Pacheco, Pere Perez, and Frank D'Armata are the most consistent creative team on a Spider-Woman solo to date. No other creative team has gone as many issues together has they have. While there are writers who have written more issues of Spider-Woman and Artists who had drawn more, they have done the most issues TOGETHER.
    That's pretty cool to know. Thanks.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Room for this one? My fave.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

This is the Jessica Drew thread. Not sure if there's a Julia thread?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    This is the Jessica Drew thread. Not sure if there's a Julia thread?
    There is a Julia Carpenter thread on the Spider-Man boards, but that hasn't seen activity in a long while now.

Extraordinary Member

there is one on the Spider-man board but it's not active.
    Not on topic but I also love Julia specially as Madame Web.
    She's got the coolest costumes too

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Thanks for the info.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Adding Julia to Jess’s cast as Madame Web could be fun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I like her Spy and Hydra stuff a lot more.Her being part of the web never made sense to me, same w/ Miles and Peter of 1610 to a lesser extent.I'd rather have her do Widow or Sable in Symkaria.
    Madame Web is a clairovoyant who is in tandem w/ the web and mostly Peter since he is the centre of the it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I like her Spy and Hydra stuff a lot more.Her being part of the web never made sense to me, same w/ Miles and Peter of 1610 to a lesser extent.I'd rather have her do Widow or Sable in Symkaria.
    Madame Web is a clairovoyant who is in tandem w/ the web and mostly Peter since he is the centre of the it.
    Julia should pop up occasionally throughout the MU with her warnings and what not....not exclusively to Spider-Man. But I do not think she should be part of anyone's regular, supporting cast.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Julia should pop up occasionally throughout the MU with her warnings and what not....not exclusively to Spider-Man. But I do not think she should be part of anyone's regular, supporting cast.
    She is not a clairovoyant like Destiny.Only for Web-related matters.So while she should interact w/ others like Shang-chi, it should be in regard to the Web.

I know marvel had tried to bring Jess in line with the rest of the spiders but she still skirts the outsiders of the family. I feel like Marvel could absolutely do a spider event that revolves around Jess rather than Peter. Chronologically, Jess had her powers and was active in Hydra before Peter got his. I'm sure that could be of some significance in a spider event somewhere. Also, Morlun is still kicking yeah? Wouldn't he want revenge on Jess after she duped him in Spider-Verse?

All that said, I also feel like Jess could have a big Hydra plot line going. The fact that she didn't have a bigger role in secret Empire annoys me. I don't believe for one second that hydra would let Jess go so easily and didn't use the opportunity to try n bring her back into the fold.
    Last edited by Seren; 09-08-2021 at 09:09 AM.