Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Today, on the 44th anniversary of Jessicas First appearance, we have the Spider-Woman #10 Women's History month Variant by Jen Bartel.
    Attachment 105930
    Absolutely gorgeous .

Preview to issue #9 is up

No slightly disturbing in the least.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, right there with you, though Octavia and Ophelia Vermis sparring with swords while bantering was interesting. Could almost mistake them for a relatively normal mother and daughter --- aside from the quip about getting chucked into a volcano.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Marvel Spotlight #32 would actually have been released a couple of months before February 1977.

I don't know if Marvel still continues this practice, but back then -- the cover date was never the actual date of release. The cover date was to indicate that after that month, the news stand or grocer could/should remove the book as it was now considered old. So a book could stay on the racks for a couple of months if it had not sold out by then. So Spider-Woman's first actual appearance is real time would have been late 1976. It was a confusing practice, but I thought most collectors were aware of that discrepancy.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Marvel Spotlight #32 would actually have been released a couple of months before February 1977.

I don't know if Marvel still continues this practice, but back then -- the cover date was never the actual date of release. The cover date was to indicate that after that month, the news stand or grocer could/should remove the book as it was now considered old. So a book could stay on the racks for a couple of months if it had not sold out by then. So Spider-Woman's first actual appearance is real time would have been late 1976. It was a confusing practice, but I thought most collectors were aware of that discrepancy.
    Everything I've ever read states Jess first appearance as 2/10/77. Maybe ask Tom brevoort to clarify on Twitter

Update even Marvel website lists the publication date as 2/177.
    Last edited by Seren; 02-13-2021 at 03:22 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

LOL- yeah - Marvel Spotlight was released several months before Feb 1977.

The cover date was always three (or 4) months ahead until the very tail end of 1989 when they began the two month lead practice.
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Nothing to see here.

Astonishing Member

Update even Marvel website lists the publication date as 2/177.
    I know, it's annoying, but publication date is not the same as the date the comic book was available for purchase.

If you look up Uncanny X-Men 104, it has a release date of April 1977. Back then, a lot of news stands would stamp the cover so they could track how long it had been on the rack. My copy of that issue is stamped January 14, 1977 despite the April 1977 date that Marvel printed in the cover's corner. I actually recall purchasing that issue for my birthday which is in January.

It's odd that the people that report these statistics don't know better, but I assume they are not familiar with the practice and just assume the cover date reflects the release date.

I understand what you're saying. However, Marvel says 1977 so that's what I'm rolling with right now.
    Last edited by Seren; 02-15-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, right there with you, though Octavia and Ophelia Vermis sparring with swords while bantering was interesting. Could almost mistake them for a relatively normal mother and daughter --- aside from the quip about getting chucked into a volcano.
    Octavia/Ophelia relationship reminds me of another mother/daughter team that I wish would be featured with Jessica at some point. Carmilla Black (Scorpion) and her mom Dr. Monica Rappacinni of A.I.M.
    In particular Scorpion's immunity to poisons reminds me of Jessica's own toxic resistance. The Bruce Banner connection between them would be a nice beat to play as well.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Is it me, or does Pere’s art get better every single issue?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Octavia/Ophelia relationship reminds me of another mother/daughter team that I wish would be featured with Jessica at some point. Carmilla Black (Scorpion) and her mom Dr. Monica Rappacinni of A.I.M.
    In particular Scorpion's immunity to poisons reminds me of Jessica's own toxic resistance. The Bruce Banner connection between them would be a nice beat to play as well.
    That's an interesting idea. I'm all about seeing Jess and Bruce together again. I really enjoyed their dynamic in Avengers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That's an interesting idea. I'm all about seeing Jess and Bruce together again. I really enjoyed their dynamic in Avengers.
    Agreed, and I'd love to see Carmilla Black back in comics again, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Is it me, or does Pere’s art get better every single issue?
    Yes it does.

According to Lord retail over on Twitter, tomorrow's issue of Spider-Woman is Wild and pretty shocking. Don't want to miss it.