Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'm going to recommend the Captain America Anniversary Tribute book, if you like the concept (which I do) and like seeing various artists draw Namor (which I do). It was a bit pricey at $6.99, but it's not like Marvel is giving me anything else to spend my Namor dollars on at the moment.

Anyway, it DOES reproduce the entire Avengers #4 issue, so there's several pages of Namor.

Besides the above Dodson page, Joe Bennett, Rachael Stott, Greg Smallwood, Greg Land, Iban Coello, Natacha Bustos, & Mark Bagley do Namor pages. I'll try to post pages later -- though I'm supposed to watch the Snyder Cut Justice League tonite and may end up comatose.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Good luck watching the movie Rev! It's 4 hours long and I don't have time for that. lol. This art looks great, with how many times they've recreated this scene you could make a comic of just those pages, lol.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Been a bit quiet here as I've been busy making fan works for this year's Namor week in April, but yesterday I posted about how the Rick & Morty animated show was going to do a parody of Namor in an upcoming episode. Video clip here, thought I would share in case anyone here is a fan of this show. I think I will watch it but I honestly don't know much about this series.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Been a bit quiet here as I've been busy making fan works for this year's Namor week in April, but yesterday I posted about how the Rick & Morty animated show was going to do a parody of Namor in an upcoming episode. Video clip here, thought I would share in case anyone here is a fan of this show. I think I will watch it but I honestly don't know much about this series.

Yes, I'm guilty of being absent. Amongst other things, I just haven't had the time or energy lately. Hoping the last issue of KiB Namor will help. Or the new Defenders Omnibus I put my order in for the gorgeous Molina cover.

I did see this bit of news of Namor on Rick and Morty. I also haven't seen the show, but friends assure me it will be hilarious. Not sure about that, but it will be nice to see Namor appear in something outside of comics.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Hello Rev! Energy is in short supply lately. Plus any good news to talk about?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Low Energy here, too!

Hoping the Spring ("Hope"), sunnier, warmer days and slowly being able to do things will snap me (and all of us!) out of it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Apparently, Namor has some good fights and showings in the latest Avengers issue. I haven't read it yet, but whenever I get my hands on it I'll give you all my review
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Apparently, Namor has some good fights and showings in the latest Avengers issue. I haven't read it yet, but whenever I get my hands on it I'll give you all my review

Weeeell ... okay, he beats She-Hulk, even though I don't see either character being able to do what they did.

The Echo stuff was crap. Plus it looks like the end of the Defenders of the Deep -- which I'm of two minds.

Interested in hearing your review!

Did anyone read King In Black 5? Did Namor and the Dark Tide do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Hello Rev! Energy is in short supply lately. Plus any good news to talk about?
    I wish! OTOH, I guess I should be happy that there's no bad news to talk about. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Low Energy here, too!

Hoping the Spring ("Hope"), sunnier, warmer days and slowly being able to do things will snap me (and all of us!) out of it.
    I'm hope so too, but now I'm fighting the pollen and allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Weeeell ... okay, he beats She-Hulk, even though I don't see either character being able to do what they did.

The Echo stuff was crap. Plus it looks like the end of the Defenders of the Deep -- which I'm of two minds.

Interested in hearing your review!

Did anyone read King In Black 5? Did Namor and the Dark Tide do anything?
    Issue 5 has not come out yet, it will be released next week on the 14th! So far no previews yet, but in a reply to my twitter thread yesterday Busiek did mention that two pages would take place on the surface world which I'm guessing is for the future scenes.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 04-08-2021 at 04:54 PM.

KING IN BLACK: NAMOR #5 Preview! Link

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    KING IN BLACK: NAMOR #5 Preview! Link
    FINALLY!

Can't wait to read it, though it will be bittersweet to read the last Namor book.

Been busy, but made time for KiB Namor finale, and it was well worth the time. That ending!!! Go. Get. This. Book. NOW!!

It definitely leaves room for another series, but I have so little faith left for Marvel when it comes to Namor.

Good morning to all. I only get two pulls at my store, just don't read so much anymore, and I wait weeks or longer to go get them, virus stuff, but traditionally I am loyal to a store for 35 years or so and now it is a little out of the way, etc.

Fantastic Four and the current Namor mini are those pulls. I always always read the FF ,though not always every mini or side/series that comes up (and when I read more, likewise with most other titles).

I truly love Namor's story, like the FF's.

But more importantly, this thread devoted to Namor is one of the few I visit where I feel most at home.

Thanks
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Good to see a few of us back on here, even if sporadically at the moment.

I hope everyone is staying safe from Covid and are healthy, doing well in general and are not having too hard a time with the seasonal spring allergies!

We seem to be in a lull right now, with "low energy syndrome" but I am positive that things will be better and we will all be feeling better soon. New comic storylines too for the summer months ahead!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!