Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Good to see a few of us back on here, even if sporadically at the moment.

I hope everyone is staying safe from Covid and are healthy, doing well in general and are not having too hard a time with the seasonal spring allergies!

We seem to be in a lull right now, with "low energy syndrome" but I am positive that things will be better and we will all be feeling better soon. New comic storylines too for the summer months ahead!
    I'm from the state in the US that is leading; Michigan. sigh.

I've had both my shots for several weeks now. I'm 65, pretty vital, work part time at yet another public library. Masks and all other protocols being observed. But my sense and research skills suggest that we'll never have the compliance level of vaccinations (80 to 85 %) to effectively create some sense of herd immunity. It is more likely that in my state, possibly up to 70 % will not be convinced to take vaccination.

I'm well enough, but concerned about that trend.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Glad you are well, got your shots, feel good and are still following precautions, Oberon.

We must be positive in attitude without worrying about things. We can only affect change in our immediate area of influence.

Like today for example, I was in a food store. There were 2 men in their 40's who did not have on a mask, nor did it appear anywhere on their person. I told the store clerk who then spoke to them. Then never put a mask on (probably did not have one) and they checked out normally in line. An older man in his 70's behind me (who had a mask on) was trying to get ahead of me in line (!) and then asked why I "was not up closer." I told him despite everything, we still need to follow the 6 foot rule in stores (and indeed there were yellow markers on the floor) and that was what I was following. He nodded his head in agreement. While I could not change those younger 2 attitude, I was able to get the older one to see the folly of his rushing.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Good morning to all. I only get two pulls at my store, just don't read so much anymore, and I wait weeks or longer to go get them, virus stuff, but traditionally I am loyal to a store for 35 years or so and now it is a little out of the way, etc.

Fantastic Four and the current Namor mini are those pulls. I always always read the FF ,though not always every mini or side/series that comes up (and when I read more, likewise with most other titles).

I truly love Namor's story, like the FF's.

But more importantly, this thread devoted to Namor is one of the few I visit where I feel most at home.

Thanks
    I'm glad you feel at home here, since I enjoy your posts. And I feel the same. Invariably, the thread makes me happy.

I understand about delays in getting to the LCBS. I'm the same. I used to go every week, but not so much now. Also, the pull list has gotten much thinner. I do love the FF, but I just am not enjoying Slott's run, so I gave up the floppy. I may try it on Marvel Unlimited ... but I have so much else to read ahead of it. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Good to see a few of us back on here, even if sporadically at the moment.

I hope everyone is staying safe from Covid and are healthy, doing well in general and are not having too hard a time with the seasonal spring allergies!

We seem to be in a lull right now, with "low energy syndrome" but I am positive that things will be better and we will all be feeling better soon. New comic storylines too for the summer months ahead!
    I'm fortunate to be fully vaccinated, on top of having anti-bodies from either an asymptomatic or mild case of Covid last year. Of course, that doesn't guarantee I won't get it again, but at least I won't die of it.

Allergies, OTOH ... I'm thinking that may be why I'm so low energy lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm from the state in the US that is leading; Michigan. sigh.

I've had both my shots for several weeks now. I'm 65, pretty vital, work part time at yet another public library. Masks and all other protocols being observed. But my sense and research skills suggest that we'll never have the compliance level of vaccinations (80 to 85 %) to effectively create some sense of herd immunity. It is more likely that in my state, possibly up to 70 % will not be convinced to take vaccination.

I'm well enough, but concerned about that trend.
    Oh no! I heard that about Michigan. I'm so glad you are vaccinated, though it is tough to work with the public. Take care!

Glad you are well, got your shots, feel good and are still following precautions, Oberon.

We must be positive in attitude without worrying about things. We can only affect change in our immediate area of influence.

Like today for example, I was in a food store. There were 2 men in their 40's who did not have on a mask, nor did it appear anywhere on their person. I told the store clerk who then spoke to them. Then never put a mask on (probably did not have one) and they checked out normally in line. An older man in his 70's behind me (who had a mask on) was trying to get ahead of me in line (!) and then asked why I "was not up closer." I told him despite everything, we still need to follow the 6 foot rule in stores (and indeed there were yellow markers on the floor) and that was what I was following. He nodded his head in agreement. While I could not change those younger 2 attitude, I was able to get the older one to see the folly of his rushing.
    Don't get me started. I live in Georgia and it is very frustrating with the government and too many non-compliant people. The grocery store trips are always maddening. I feel bad for the clerks. They just don't get paid enough to deal with it, not to mention the danger they are in. I have to remember that, we can only affect change around us.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

On a more positive note ... I don't want to spoil the ending of KiB Namor, but as I said before, it leaves a wide open door for another mini-series or even an ongoing! I doubt we'll get Mr. Busiek on the sequel, since he is very busy, though I would LOVE it continued this story. So, what writer do think could handle the horror / fantasy / action aspects of the sequel? How about the artist? I'm not sure if Benjamin Dewey is available, since I think he and Busiek are going to be doing another Autumnlands book. I'm not sure what Jonas Scarf if doing next. I thought he had a great handle on the horror side of the tale, but we didn't get to see many pages from him.

I guess I need to find that e-mail address and start writing Marvel and demanding the sequel.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-16-2021 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm fortunate to be fully vaccinated, on top of having anti-bodies from either an asymptomatic or mild case of Covid last year. Of course, that doesn't guarantee I won't get it again, but at least I won't die of it.

Allergies, OTOH ... I'm thinking that may be why I'm so low energy lately.

Don't get me started. I live in Georgia and it is very frustrating with the government and too many non-compliant people. The grocery store trips are always maddening. I feel bad for the clerks. They just don't get paid enough to deal with it, not to mention the danger they are in. I have to remember that, we can only affect change around us.
    On a more positive note ... I don't want to spoil the ending of KiB Namor, but as I said before, it leaves a wide open door for another mini-series or even an ongoing! I doubt we'll get Mr. Busiek on the sequel, since he is very busy, though I would LOVE it continued this story. So, what writer do think could handle the horror / fantasy / action aspects of the sequel?

I guess I need to find that e-mail address and start writing Marvel and demanding the sequel.
    With my psychic powers I feel that everyone is still dragging themselves. I hope I added just a wee bit of sunshine and lifting, lol.

Allergies can indeed make one tired, sleepy, feel run-down and in Georgia you have a lot of trees, bushes and grasses starting to come into bloom. Glad you are vaccinated. Hope you feel better my friend.

Yes, grocery stores are always maddening these days. There will be having an announcement overheard about keeping distance within the store, giving specific examples, and don't some idiots not only totally ignore what is being said but then actually do what they were just told not to do----go right up within inches of another person! Usually, that person seems to be me! Arrgh! Good thing I don't use the old Phoenix Power on them. But then I always think that would make me Magneto.

Glad you really enjoyed the KIB Namor! Leaving an opening is always a good thing even if it does not happen immediately.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 04-16-2021 at 09:39 AM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I think there is a realistic bad thing about possible non compliance of up to 70 percent, and what worser/worst case scenarios there may be, but it is better to try and remain positive. Thanks for all the support.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Been busy, but made time for KiB Namor finale, and it was well worth the time. That ending!!! Go. Get. This. Book. NOW!!

It definitely leaves room for another series, but I have so little faith left for Marvel when it comes to Namor.
    I meant to ask you about this series. I'm going to check out the back issues on Marvel Unlimited. They have the first 2 issues on there

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Been busy but I can't wait to share the stuff I'm doing and art I commissioned for Namor week! The King in Black: Namor series is over but I'm so pleased with it. It was a great story!

Also I saw this concept art on twitter that I wanted to share: Link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Hi IW. That Namor commission should be an action figure!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Hi IW. That Namor commission should be an action figure!
    Oh sorry! this isnt my commission, this is concept art I found on twitter. I should have made separate posts, lol. My commission is a Fashion Piece for Namor, a couple of new outfits, Hellfire gala art type of thing!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Oh sorry! this isnt my commission, this is concept art I found on twitter. I should have made separate posts, lol. My commission is a Fashion Piece for Namor, a couple of new outfits, Hellfire gala art type of thing!
    Oh, gotcha.

The Gala is exciting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Interesting choices. I'd completely forgotten about Zantor. I can't agree about the rating, however. I'm always going to put Llyra at the top. And Suma-Ket and his wife Artys Gran should be higher. I guess part of it depends on how you rate them. I mean, Suma-Ket has only really had one appearance but he actually killed Namor! And Neptune had step in. I'll have to give this some thought.

Kudos on it getting 20 villians, though. Nicely done.

If you didn't pick up your Bill Everett Post War Years Omnibus, the time is now. In Stock Trades has it for sale for 55% off! So, it's $56.24 instead of $125. And this one has all the gorgeous Atlas era run.

https://www.instocktrades.com/produc...ibus-hc-dm-var

Timelys Sub-Mariner Everett Post-War Omnibus HC DM Var
    Marvel proudly presents TIMELY'S GREATEST, a series of once-in-a-lifetime volumes presenting the greatest stories of the Golden Age, when Marvel was known as Timely Comics! After his service in World War II, Bill Everett returned to the Sub-Mariner without missing a beat. In fact, Everett's art and storytelling was better than ever. Never before reprinted, his postwar Sub-Mariner and Namora tales are anarchic, energetic and utterly endearing! This volume also features Everett's fan-favorite 1950s Sub-Mariner revival during Marvel's Atlas Era. Alongside Namora, Princess Fen and intrepid love interest Betty Dean, Namor faces off against the nefarious Prince Byrrah, his own doppelg?nger, giant crocodiles and Communists aplenty! These stories define the Sub-Mariner in a way never captured in any comic series before or since! Collecting material from SUB-MARINER COMICS #21-24, #26-30 and #32-42; NAMORA #1-3; MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS #84-86 and #90-91; HUMAN TORCH COMICS #28, #30 and #37-38; BLONDE PHANTOM COMICS #17; YOUNG MEN #24-28 and MEN'S ADVENTURES #28