Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Exiles (2001) #46 shows a female version of Namor called Namora.

However yeah 616 Namora is basically started out as a female Namor. art by Sandy Jarrell

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

The blue Namora was as powerful as Namor himself, while the main Earth Namora was slightly weaker, according to the Handbooks of course.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The blue Namora was as powerful as Namor himself, while the main Earth Namora was slightly weaker, according to the Handbooks of course.
    I like the blue one. I didn't even know this existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I like the blue one. I didn't even know this existed.
    Yes, it makes Namora more unique and more of her own person.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Exiles' blue Namora is confusing, as she's an AU of Namor, NOT Namora, even if they share the same name. That said, she was pretty entertaining. IIRC, she did encounter 616 Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Exiles' blue Namora is confusing, as she's an AU of Namor, NOT Namora, even if they share the same name. That said, she was pretty entertaining. IIRC, she did encounter 616 Namor.
    True, that is why the blue Namora was as powerful as a fully empowered Namor.

I don't think I've posted this yet, but it's cool enough to share again.

Digital sculpture by Edson Santana

https://www.a r t station.com/artwork/nYzQr4

Arrgh. Sometimes, this site ...

no spaces in art.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-28-2021 at 11:25 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I don't think I've posted this yet, but it's cool enough to share again.

Digital sculpture by Edson Santana

https://www.a r t station.com/artwork/nYzQr4

Arrgh. Sometimes, this site ...

no spaces in art.
    Ohhhh this is sooo cool!

edson-santana-namor-the-cursed-4.jpg

I was just talking about Earth X Namor the other day! I was very surprised to see that video that was made back in the day!

Marvel explains how the Hulk deal with Universal works, and presumably, Namor, also.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-explains-...ersal-studios/

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Ohhhh this is sooo cool!

edson-santana-namor-the-cursed-4.jpg

I was just talking about Earth X Namor the other day! I was very surprised to see that video that was made back in the day!

Ah, thanks for posting the image for the sculpt. I forgot about attachment.

Still need to read all of Earth X. So many comics, so little time.

Marvel explains how the Hulk deal with Universal works, and presumably, Namor, also.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-explains-...ersal-studios/
    It says that they (Universal) failed to get a Hulk movie in active development in time by 2006, well the Namor movie was in development or at least talked/written a script by 2004, so that means in all likely hood Namor's full rights or at least rights for him to appear in movies like Hulk were back at Marvel a long time ago because we never got any Namor project which I'm sure must be against the contract (most likely). Honestly it doesn't mean Namor won't get his own movie, maybe if he is introduced in BP they might spin off into his own thing? Just speculating but honestly at this point I am just waiting to see if all the Namor in BP2 rumors are true, but that means waiting another year until the movie is released.

Ah, thanks for posting the image for the sculpt. I forgot about attachment.

Still need to read all of Earth X. So many comics, so little time.
    One of my mutuals mentioned this video of Earth X and I loved that one Namor appearance, honestly don't know why Marvel doesn't do more animated stuff or at least tv shows in different universes, it would be interesting.

It says that they (Universal) failed to get a Hulk movie in active development in time by 2006, well the Namor movie was in development or at least talked/written a script by 2004, so that means in all likely hood Namor's full rights or at least rights for him to appear in movies like Hulk were back at Marvel a long time ago because we never got any Namor project which I'm sure must be against the contract (most likely). Honestly it doesn't mean Namor won't get his own movie, maybe if he is introduced in BP they might spin off into his own thing? Just speculating but honestly at this point I am just waiting to see if all the Namor in BP2 rumors are true, but that means waiting another year until the movie is released.
    If the Hulk isn't getting his own movie in the future, I doubt Namor will. Sadly, Namor doesn't have anywhere near the appeal to the regular comic fan as the Hulk does. Not to mention, his non comic fan appeal, with the old TV show and two movies and all the MCU appearances. If the rights situation is the same, we might see him guest in another movie -- but I honestly just don't feel that Feige has any interest in the character and is willing to put the effort into untangling his rights . Otherwise, we'd have seen Namor in the first Captain America movie or Agent Carter.

Honestly, I'd rather Namor not ever appear, than have him appear in a Black Panther movie. That's just the kiss of death for the character, IMO, in both the movies and the comics.

What we really need is a modern defining run on Namor, like the Aja, Brubaker and Fraction's Iron Fist, or Huston and Finch Moon Knight, or Gillen's Journey into Mystery, or DNA's Guardians of the Galaxy, or Hickman doing a solo. Something that really WOWs the studio people and Feige, and makes them excited about doing a movie.

One of my mutuals mentioned this video of Earth X and I loved that one Namor appearance, honestly don't know why Marvel doesn't do more animated stuff or at least tv shows in different universes, it would be interesting.
    That's very 90s, but very cool! I wonder who played Namor in the video???

Yeah, I'm just waiting and seeing to see if he shows up in BP2, honestly at this point there isnt anything else to do, no good comic appearances only hurt him too.

I think? It looks like a cgi animation? but I am not sure since it was only on screen for a few seconds

Honestly, I'd rather Namor not ever appear, than have him appear in a Black Panther movie. That's just the kiss of death for the character, IMO, in both the movies and the comics.

What we really need is a modern defining run on Namor, like the Aja, Brubaker and Fraction's Iron Fist, or Huston and Finch Moon Knight, or Gillen's Journey into Mystery, or DNA's Guardians of the Galaxy, or Hickman doing a solo. Something that really WOWs the studio people and Feige, and makes them excited about doing a movie.
    Honestly, I couldn't agree with this more.

For the most part I'm pretty much over the MCU, and I have very little faith they'd do him justice anyway, I'd much rather an actual legit run on a new comic series with a strong creative team. (which is a complete pipe dream at this point)
    Two of my other favourite Marvel characters, Thor and Dr. Strange, weren't exactly home runs in the MCU in my opinion. People just seem to love Chris Hemsworth as Thor more than liking Thor himself, and Dr Strange is always just sort of there. Both characters are just shadows of their comic book counterparts. I doubt Namor would been even that lucky. I'm positive for Disney to commit to tackling Namor for the MCU they would insist on changing him drastically and it wouldn't be the Namor I'd want anyway.