Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1313

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I do love to talk in depth about interpretations of Namor!!! However I come from a very tumblr/twitter mindset where I have had fans argue hostilely with me before and I've defended my opinions so I don't want to come off as overly hostile or make others feel that they HAVE to accept my rendition of Namor. Everyone is free to their own thoughts of course.

I personally love to go super in depth and explore/pick apart what makes character as they are and Namor is my favorite subject because I find him so interesting, just like how I loved reading your "how you would write namor/fix things" post a while back where you explained your ideas. I have my own passion project for Namor in the works for quite some time but it's my own little fanfiction that I work on from time to time exploring his character/events in his life. I am currently commissioning an art that encompasses the gist of that project with several heroes/villains that I will share here once it's finished.
    Is your own fanfic a secret passion or would you share some of your ideas?
    Last edited by Doombot; 11-18-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Is your own fanfic a secret passion or would you share some of your ideas?
    Its not really a secret, lol, I just didn't think people would want to know more but I can tell you the summary/conclusion for the entire thing is an epic high stakes underwater adventure with Namor it's center where he has to save Atlantis and the World, it includes Atlantean gods/goddesses as well as sea creatures, myths, monsters, Namor's villains and allies. It has Atlantean court intrigue and secrets. However I have outlined much of this story with all my comic research but at this point I am barely brushing through the end of the Invaders era in terms of completed writing. I have the first 2 chapters posted on Archive of Our Own, however it's basically a prelude that describes the creation of the Goddess Cleito and the Wreck of the Endurance as seen in Namor, the Sub-Mariner (1990) #52

It's titled Sub-Mariner: Ascension

I have been going through every era of Namor's life through the 80 years, including as much in canon adventures and references as possible but as you know comics are far from streamlined, so I have been doing my own revisions to have something more cohesive as well as world building Atlantis/background characters. This began as a much smaller project that kinda kept growing these last few years, I feel its because I really wanted to give Namor fans a book about Namor's whole life and then expand beyond the current canon. It's actually become quite novel length so far with chapters devoted to the romance/tragedy of Leo/Fen, and lots of character introspection, how Namor struggles with the responsibilities of the crown and his human/atlantean sides. At it's center it's a story about Namor and how he handles his own destiny and history of Atlantis, the Nexus Fragment plays a huge part as a mystical artifact as well as other Atlantean artifacts. I like to include as much canon as possible because I do enjoy Namor's stories but I just wish it was given more attention to. I hope to have this fanfiction completed in the next year or two (depends on my free time/writing speed) however I know by the end of it I may go back to do some minor changes/rewrites.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I get a sad from these pictures. For what it is worth I think Namor's affection for other women was also quite strong.

He just seems to love the woman not intended to love him/equally back.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Wow. He could be a young Namor.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I was LITERALLY about to post this, I just ranted about it in another place, and not to mention it's coming out on 2/22/2022 Namor's fictional birthday where is he turning 100. *sigh* Marvel needs to step up their game, all of Namor's stuff is used by DC and it's so obvious but Marvel does nothing about it.
    Arrrgh! I didn't even notice that. Adding insult to injury.

Like I said, Marvel just doesn't care. Meanwhile, DC is lifting left and right from Namor for both Aquaman and Black Adam for $ucce$$! It is beyond annoying.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I don't know if this will work, but let's see. Marvel Insider offered two Black Light Wallpaper downloads for free and one of them was the Subby and Spidey poster! The other one is the cool FF on a column one.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I get a sad from these pictures. For what it is worth I think Namor's affection for other women was also quite strong.

He just seems to love the woman not intended to love him/equally back.
    Thoughts on the recent shut down by Sue in FF " I'm married and have two kids. Men eh" Seemed boring as heck.

For Namor Bingo 2021 Fan Event, (trying to get this finished before the end of the year!) The prompt was "Three" so I made a little edit:

Namor & his three lost loves; Lady Dorma, Betty Dean, Marrina Smallwood + A Softer World Quotes

These are bittersweet, but awesome! Great work, IW!

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Thoughts on the recent shut down by Sue in FF " I'm married and have two kids. Men eh" Seemed boring as heck.
    Heh.

Must be the month for 'divided opinions' on Namor. LOL!

Mighty Member

I think I have posted pictures of this 60s actor before, that is visually who I envision as Namor. Just like Steve Reeves was the inspiration for Jack Kirby's Hercules I've always believe that Italian American actor Mark Forest, real name Lou Degni was the inspiration for Gene Colan's Namor. Lou Degni, previously a bodybuilder like Steve Reeves made many Hercules/Samson/Goliath movies during the 60s. He did probably more movies than Steve Reeves. I used to watch these old films on TV and these and Arnold's films were a big inspiration to me as a young impressionable kid.

My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

Hah, hah, it seems perfect to me! At last a writer with some decency! Two thumbs way up!!!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    These are bittersweet, but awesome! Great work, IW!
    Thanks Rev!

Once again I want to point out that Namor is a literal king, why marvel has him simping over Sue a woman who is unavailable and more importantly uninterested for decades is beyond my understanding but then again I like things to make sense, lol.

Thanks Rev!

Once again I want to point out that Namor is a literal king, why marvel has him simping over Sue a woman who is unavailable and more importantly uninterested for decades is beyond my understanding but then again I like things to make sense, lol.
    Maybe Namor is only doing it to make sure Susan doesn't feel taken for granted. ;p

Actually, I live for the day when Namor tells Sue he can't drop everything to do what she wants, while his new wife / love interest makes plans to shove her out of the air lock. heheheheh

Those asofterworld strips are cool! I think I've seen a few others with Namor a while back. But yours are on point!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I think I have posted pictures of this 60s actor before, that is visually who I envision as Namor. Just like Steve Reeves was the inspiration for Jack Kirby's Hercules I've always believe that Italian American actor Mark Forest, real name Lou Degni was the inspiration for Gene Colan's Namor. Lou Degni, previously a bodybuilder like Steve Reeves made many Hercules/Samson/Goliath movies during the 60s. He did probably more movies than Steve Reeves. I used to watch these old films on TV and these and Arnold's films were a big inspiration to me as a young impressionable kid.

I don't know about that, but the body type certainly seems something that Buscema, more than Colan, I think, might have been inspired by. I don't think I've seen any of his movies. Will have to rectify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Maybe Namor is only doing it to make sure Susan doesn't feel taken for granted. ;p

Actually, I live for the day when Namor tells Sue he can't drop everything to do what she wants, while his new wife / love interest makes plans to shove her out of the air lock. heheheheh

Those asofterworld strips are cool! I think I've seen a few others with Namor a while back. But yours are on point!
    I was going for maximum feels because when I think about how tragic Namor's love life is I do get emotional (':

Honestly same Rev, I would love a day where Namor goes: you know what? I actually don't have time for this, I have the seas to rule etc. One of my favorite quotes is Namor telling Sue how he can't play hero like her. (sub-mariner (2007) #4)

I get that people want Sue to say "Ew gross Namor stop hitting on me!" for her power girl moment but she has literally said it so many times, they have literally gone over this to death and I'm just tired of Namor being made out to be the creepier who won't let this die, by the writers.