Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1313
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm probably in the lone, but I liked this Wonder Man costume, more than the others.

It now strikes me or makes me wonder that Namor doesn't think Whizzer is his old ally from WW2, or was that addressed?
    To me that costume is the best, I also liked the black tank top and slicked black hair as drawn by John Byrne. Namor recognizes the Whizzer in future panels, it is then when he pauses to speak to the Whizzer that Wonder Man knocks him out. About Sal Buscema, I liked his work in Avengers and Defenders but honestly I always preferred John Buscema. I liked Sal inked by Klaus Janson more than under other inkers.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 62 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 21 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

There are a lot of questionable designs of Namor out there, but this one.. I can't even.

(art by Hamish Steele)
    LOL, reminds me of Mr. Nimbus.

I'm probably in the lone, but I liked this Wonder Man costume, more than the others.

It now strikes me or makes me wonder that Namor doesn't think Whizzer is his old ally from WW2, or was that addressed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    To me that costume is the best, I also liked the black tank top and slicked black hair as drawn by John Byrne. Namor recognizes the Whizzer in future panels, it is then when he pauses to speak to the Whizzer that Wonder Man knocks him out. About Sal Buscema, I liked his work in Avengers and Defenders but honestly I always preferred John Buscema. I liked Sal inked by Klaus Janson more than under other inkers.
    True. At first, Namor thinks The Whizzer is Quicksilver for some reason, mentioning that he "changed his costume" and "seems much slower than usual", although I do not remember QS ever fighting Namor.

Wondy's first costume is the Bomb Best!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I liked the tank top too.

I had forgotten that part, that Namor recognized. It's so weird, those came out around my early '20s and I probably read them a dozen times, but not all details remain fresh, and certainly haven't read in recent decades.

I like the brothers in their own way. I think John is clearly better with beautiful women and implications of strength. Sal has different strengths or talent that I can't articulate.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Mighty Member

I liked the tank top too.

I had forgotten that part, that Namor recognized. It's so weird, those came out around my early '20s and I probably read them a dozen times, but not all details remain fresh, and certainly haven't read in recent decades.

I like the brothers in their own way. I think John is clearly better with beautiful women and implications of strength. Sal has different strengths or talent that I can't articulate.
    John Buscema was such a powerhouse. He made the men look big powerful and heroic and women beautiful and sexy. John always did the big guys like Thor for awhile and Namor for a bit until he was moved to Conan where he stayed for years. When he took over Avengers he had Hercules and Namor and Ka-zar for a story all physical strength heroes at the same time. John Buscema was going to be a boxer before he went into graphic art.

I don't think anyone draws women as beautiful as John Buscema, maybe Adam Hughes but he is not as prolific as big John. Marvel started Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk with John Buscema but he would leave the comics after the first 4 or 5 issues which was a big let down. Perhaps one of my favorite superheroine stories by John Buscema was a black and white story in Bizzare Adventures #27 (painted cover by Paul Gulacy) were Attuma captures Jean Grey and her sister and turns them into water breathers to bear his children without knowing Jean Grey has the power of the Phoenix. It is also beautifully inked by Klaus Janson.

Last edited by Thor-El; 12-22-2021 at 09:02 AM.

John Buscema was such a powerhouse. He made the men look big powerful and heroic and women beautiful and sexy. John always did the big guys like Thor for awhile and Namor for a bit until he was moved to Conan where he stayed for years. When he took over Avengers he had Hercules and Namor and Ka-zar for a story all physical strength heroes at the same time. John Buscema was going to be a boxer before he went into graphic art.

I don't think anyone draws women as beautiful as John Buscema, maybe Adam Hughes but he is not as prolific as big John. Marvel started Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk with John Buscema but he would leave the comics after the first 4 or 5 issues which was a big let down. Perhaps one of my favorite superheroine stories by John Buscema was a black and white story in Bizzare Adventures #27 (painted cover by Paul Gulacy) were Attuma captures Jean Grey and her sister and turns them into water breathers to bear his children without knowing Jean Grey has the power of the Phoenix. It is also beautifully inked by Klaus Janson.

I love that issue, just wish it was in color.

Yeah, that was back when Jeannie had the Power of the Phoenix. Now I have it.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 63 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 22 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

Last edited by Thor-El; 12-26-2021 at 07:07 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Thanks all for welcoming me into the forum thread, just recently disocovered this, mainly been on the Namor discord server.

Appreciate all your kind words on my Namor cosplay, I've done Phoenix Five, Speedo, All New Invaders, King in Black, and as you've already seen Atlantis Attacks. Got a lot of big plans for 2022 with new Namor costumes and collabs from the Namorverse.

Excited to share more of my Namor cosplays with true Namor fans! Here is another shot from my Atlantis Attacks shoot

Your cosplay is always amazing to see! I am so excited to see what you have planned for next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wish Marvel put as much effort into Namor as they did with their other IP’s.
    Same here, I wish they gave Namor just HALF the effort, instead of keeping him as a permanent cameo character. :/

Since I haven't seen it mention here, Namor does appear on the cover of Avengers #54, releasing next year in March. *sigh* Aaron still has him in his clutches.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Doctor Doom and Namor! From Athena_i

Fan Art by YashArtsy

Stunning Art by chris_anyma

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 64 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 23 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

Mighty Member

And I'm going to post the last one ahead of Christmas day because I'm probably going to be busy tomorrow so this concludes the little excerpt from my story. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Chapter 2 Page 65 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 24 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

And I'm going to post the last one ahead of Christmas day because I'm probably going to be busy tomorrow so this concludes the little excerpt from my story. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Chapter 2 Page 65 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 24 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too, Thor-El! Enjoy yourself. Thank you for a Season of Namor. It was so good. To end with Guest stars of Hulk and Hercules was a great touch!

I am sure I will be on at some point in the next day and a half, but here is an early Merry Christmas to all!

Indeed. Hoping the new year will be better for the Avenging Son