Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Yes! This was exactly how I felt. LOL!

Not sure, as we all said this is still rumors until it's confirmed but I am keeping an eye out for news. They did start filming but of course I have no idea when the movie's release date will be.
    I'm sure there will be plenty of rumors floating around during filming. I'm hoping we get to see some pictures, which should provide more clues.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Gorgeous commission by Sajad Shah.

https://twitter.com/Sajad_Shah/statu...819384834?s=20
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Absolutely amazing

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really want to see Namor meet Ove.

I'm very fond of Namor and would love to see a book and movies.

What comes, comes.

I think as a 65 year old reader, I'm in the shrinking demo of overall readers and Namor is not so well suited to younger readers perhaps?
    Or Marvel overthinks that, and feels Aquaman would be compared and Namor would be viewed unfavorably - and again, I think that could be younger readers not understanding Namor and the overall picture/importance.
    That's what I think. So bringing Namor or even a different type of Namor to the screen is a slow burn for Disney, perhaps?
    But I wonder if the Eternals movie will 'prepare' the concept of Atlanteans in the MCU and what that is about.

Many were surprised or maybe not, when Majors, the actor who will play Kang in AntWasp3 appeared in the Loki episode, but the character is NOT Kang, but creates foreshadowing.

Namor might be foreshadowed in various ways before he breaks out in whatever movie.
    Despite what we may think, it does seem Atlantis has been inferred in the MCU and proximate to Wakanda.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reviresco View Post
    beautiful!!!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Absolutely amazing
    beautiful!!!
    It is pretty. There's something about it that reminds me of Jim Cheung -- but more beefy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really want to see Namor meet Ove.
    That could be ... explosive.

I am curious as to WHERE Ove is in this time? I can see him trying to pick up magic from Atlantis, but I don't think he wants to meet his dad.

Speaking of an alternate timeline ...

Here's a feudal Japanese version of Namor.

And Loa!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ2OtLwj..._web_copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm very fond of Namor and would love to see a book and movies.

What comes, comes.

I think as a 65 year old reader, I'm in the shrinking demo of overall readers and Namor is not so well suited to younger readers perhaps?
    Or Marvel overthinks that, and feels Aquaman would be compared and Namor would be viewed unfavorably - and again, I think that could be younger readers not understanding Namor and the overall picture/importance.
    That's what I think. So bringing Namor or even a different type of Namor to the screen is a slow burn for Disney, perhaps?
    But I wonder if the Eternals movie will 'prepare' the concept of Atlanteans in the MCU and what that is about.

Many were surprised or maybe not, when Majors, the actor who will play Kang in AntWasp3 appeared in the Loki episode, but the character is NOT Kang, but creates foreshadowing.

Namor might be foreshadowed in various ways before he breaks out in whatever movie.
    Despite what we may think, it does seem Atlantis has been inferred in the MCU and proximate to Wakanda.
    I don't think younger readers (and writers and editors), those that haven't read the Silver and Bronze Age Namor, understand Namor isn't an outright villain. If they did read those issues, I think Namor would have great appeal to younger readers, especially those concerned with the climate and environment, as well as America's relationship with the rest of the world. It's a different take than DC's surfer dude Aquaman, though they are leaning into the bi-racial aspect.

I can see MCU foreshadowing Namor before his appearance, but I'm still holding out for it happening in FF.

Thanks for the Instagram link, I love his art !

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Speaking of an alternate timeline ...

Here's a feudal Japanese version of Namor.

And Loa!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ2OtLwj..._web_copy_link
    Those are cool! Is there Namor art in a Dungeons & Dragons style setting?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think we have to accept the MCU as it is, a different version of the comics.

Panther himself came before the FF, bah.

So it is likely Subby will even come before them, double bah.

But I'm thinking a foreshadow will appear in Eternals, if only of the Atlantis story/denouement.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

what is the status of the Defenders of the Deep?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is the status of the Defenders of the Deep?

In limbo until Jason Aaron decides to abuse Namor again.