Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1313
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Dear god. This is worse than I thought it would be. This isn't a boat load of crap. This is a Death Star load of crap. I've moved beyond annoyed to mad. I'm so mad, I can't even rant properly!
    I know the feeling Rev, here have a little bit of Jen crushing on Namor to feel better XD, these older Avengers comics were much better imo.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I know the feeling Rev, here have a little bit of Jen crushing on Namor to feel better XD, these older Avengers comics were much better imo.
    Have to agree 200%! The stuff you and KP are posting is great! And actually makes sense.

I have long said I didn't want Marvel to take the easy way out with Namor after Hickman's trashing of the character. I wanted to see Hickman FIX what he broke and show Namor redeeming himself and finding his way IN A COMIC -- which would have been amazing story fodder, IMO. Of course, that never happened, and except for a few writers trying to show Namor's thoughts and troubles in far too few guest spots, we never got Namor being reconstructed as he should have been after Hickman.

At this point, after the pure crap of Avengers 50, I'm beginning to think, I just want "Namor" to have been a freaking Skrull this past decade, and lets him get the same pass that Tony "memory wipe" Stark got Civil War, and that Hydra Steve got after Secret Empire. Give me the REAL Prince Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Have to agree 200%! The stuff you and KP are posting is great! And actually makes sense.

I have long said I didn't want Marvel to take the easy way out with Namor after Hickman's trashing of the character. I wanted to see Hickman FIX what he broke and show Namor redeeming himself and finding his way IN A COMIC -- which would have been amazing story fodder, IMO. Of course, that never happened, and except for a few writers trying to show Namor's thoughts and troubles in far too few guest spots, we never got Namor being reconstructed as he should have been after Hickman.

At this point, after the pure crap of Avengers 50, I'm beginning to think, I just want "Namor" to have been a freaking Skrull this past decade, and lets him get the same pass that Tony "memory wipe" Stark got Civil War, and that Hydra Steve got after Secret Empire. Give me the REAL Prince Namor.
    I feel like a good writer could do it, and it wouldn't even need a skrull! The Phoenix was possessing him and it annoys me that fans think Namor would just do that, like put the blame where it lies with the giant space fire chicken! lol. I'm just saying that Namor would not have done that and I also had been hoping Hickman on the X-Men would have something to fix with the Namor vs BP stuff but he never even got to write Namor other than one panel.

At this point I just want people to move past it, and the only way for that is to keep him away from Avengers, Xmen, and Black Panther stuff. Maybe send Namor into space (?) LOL

Oh, Doombot. Do NOT bother with that Avengers 50 issue. Besides the nonsense with Namor, Aaron ... 'upgraded' Ka-zar. Beyond ridiculous.
    Oh God, I am afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Oh God, I am afraid.
    Oh yes. All my whining about Ka-Zar being able to dive to Atlantis in his loin cloth and roam around for hours fighting sea monsters and SPYING on Atlanteans ... yeah, that's a peanut upgrade. Sentient diaper cloth? Ehhh, minor. It's NOTHING compared to ... Herald of ...

LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I feel like a good writer could do it, and it wouldn't even need a skrull! The Phoenix was possessing him and it annoys me that fans think Namor would just do that, like put the blame where it lies with the giant space fire chicken! lol. I'm just saying that Namor would not have done that and I also had been hoping Hickman on the X-Men would have something to fix with the Namor vs BP stuff but he never even got to write Namor other than one panel.

At this point I just want people to move past it, and the only way for that is to keep him away from Avengers, Xmen, and Black Panther stuff. Maybe send Namor into space (?) LOL
    My first thought was NOT space, but since that seems to be where the MCU is concentrating ...

I don't know. I just think of Namor (and the Atlanteans) being something of an Earth spirit(s) -- and that if he and/or the Atlanteans were taken off the board in some manner, Earth would be actually suffer consequences. It's an idea I've been playing around with that idea for a story, but haven't actually written anything.

I don't think the problem is Namor and those teams. It's Namor and Black Panther / Wakanda -- keep them far apart. The problem with those teams, however, is that they are going to focus on some larger plotline, and there might not be opportunity for a Namor centric storyline where reconstruction could move substantially along. I think that was actually a complaint of Zdarsky's Invaders, was that it was less a team book and more of a Namor book. Well, it wasn't a complaint from me! LOL!

Of course it's all due to AvX, which I firmly believe was a set up for Namor. People that blame him instead of the Phoenix Force just don't know the character.

A good writer could do either, but he'd have to be given a Namor ongoing and a commitment from Marvel. Sadly, I don't see either of those things happening right now.

Mighty Member

Great minds think a like! I just started the Advent calendar thread up again, I was so mad at Aaron.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...dvent-Calendar

And thank you for sharing your fan-fiction! Amazing work! I don't believe Lady Dorma, either. LOL!
    Thank you, Rev! And great to see the Calendar return!

Uhn, wait. The DISSECTION???
    LOL I wish I could tell you is just a metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thank you for the kind and gentile words which are appreciated. I strive to maintain a unique bond hosting the Phoenix and thus far have indeed been able to reign in this ancient cosmic force. In response to that new Phoenix writing by Jason, I may have let out a few energy blasts near Maya which is why Aaron thought Echo became the next host. This is not true.
    Oh I believe you!

As always, I love it! Especially all of the little details like Namor sticking out his tongue, the zebra eel, the seahorses by Namor's feet and even the shiny gold. I also love the shadow of a beard on Namor. He just has not arisen from his clam-bed yet to shave, lol!

Absolutely perfect! I love your work. You could do some great looking other Marvel characters I am sure like Wonder Man, Thor, and even Phoenix IX!
    Always nice to see someone appreciate your work. Thank you, PX!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Couldn't they just share?
    LOL, What Rev said.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    No problems for me either, Reviresco. Both pairings are OK in my book (LOL):

Indeed. Definitely brings back memories...
    Thanks for posting these. Such great memories. Its like these characters don't exist anymore and we are left with distorted images.

Great panel! Ha, ha, I guess She-hulk is playing faithful to Wyatt because she was her girlfriend at the time. All the dialogue in the artwork above seems so in character, I miss that so much
    Last edited by Thor-El; 12-02-2021 at 10:59 PM.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 43 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 2 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

You've captured Dorma and Namor's relationship perfectly here. Dorma not taking any gruff from Namor, and still making him laugh -- something we so rarely see. Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

Oh I believe you!

Always nice to see someone appreciate your work. Thank you, PX!
    You are welcome. These are always great to see. But I want more, more, more, lol! I would love to see Namor with a plushy Giganto, squid and trident that he is holding/playing with in his room when no one is around!

I would also love to see Namor have a scene with Thor, Wonder Man and Phoenix IX!
    <Since I was very good this year, I put this on my Christmas List! >
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-03-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

My first thought was NOT space, but since that seems to be where the MCU is concentrating ...

I don't know. I just think of Namor (and the Atlanteans) being something of an Earth spirit(s) -- and that if he and/or the Atlanteans were taken off the board in some manner, Earth would be actually suffer consequences. It's an idea I've been playing around with that idea for a story, but haven't actually written anything.

I don't think the problem is Namor and those teams. It's Namor and Black Panther / Wakanda -- keep them far apart. The problem with those teams, however, is that they are going to focus on some larger plotline, and there might not be opportunity for a Namor centric storyline where reconstruction could move substantially along. I think that was actually a complaint of Zdarsky's Invaders, was that it was less a team book and more of a Namor book. Well, it wasn't a complaint from me! LOL!

Of course it's all due to AvX, which I firmly believe was a set up for Namor. People that blame him instead of the Phoenix Force just don't know the character.

A good writer could do either, but he'd have to be given a Namor ongoing and a commitment from Marvel. Sadly, I don't see either of those things happening right now.
    Yeah, at this point I wish Namor was on the Defenders, its really the only modern team that actually helps his character and not break it. Plus it would be fun to see him on actual adventures again, not just being used for plots for BP and the avengers.

Yeah, at this point I wish Namor was on the Defenders, its really the only modern team that actually helps his character and not break it. Plus it would be fun to see him on actual adventures again, not just being used for plots for BP and the avengers.
    In the Original Defenders, Namor, as well as Silver Surfer and Doc got to shine without being "overly-powerful" and with Hulk their powers worked well. I was glad to have the Barbara Norriss Valkyrie added to the mix for her overall power, support and belief in Stephen, her empathy with SS, regal understanding of Namor (Val being a demi-goddess herself) and her calming influence over Hulk. These Defenders did understand Namor and I really wish we would have gotten 2-3 more years worth of story with this team before the addition and rotation started with Nighthawk (whose character I loved).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

In the Original Defenders, Namor, as well as Silver Surfer and Doc got to shine without being "overly-powerful" and with Hulk their powers worked well. I was glad to have the Barbara Norriss Valkyrie added to the mix for her overall power, support and belief in Stephen, her empathy with SS, regal understanding of Namor (Val being a demi-goddess herself) and her calming influence over Hulk. These Defenders did understand Namor and I really wish we would have gotten 2-3 more years worth of story with this team before the addition and rotation started with Nighthawk (whose character I loved).
    The good thing about being a Defender and an Invader, is that they aren't "official" teams, so Atlantis doesn't have to be destroyed or Namor exiled, so Namor can join them. Defenders and Invaders are ostensibly, one off adventures -- part time membership requirements. And Invaders has the benefit of having a WWII setting, where Namor has the least responsibilities of his life.

The 'roster' of the Defenders was something that shouldn't have worked, but somehow did. At the time, they were the only team that handled the supernatural and the quirky -- but somehow, Marvel just hasn't been able to capture that lightning in the bottle again.

Mighty Member

The good thing about being a Defender and an Invader, is that they aren't "official" teams, so Atlantis doesn't have to be destroyed or Namor exiled, so Namor can join them. Defenders and Invaders are ostensibly, one off adventures -- part time membership requirements. And Invaders has the benefit of having a WWII setting, where Namor has the least responsibilities of his life.

The 'roster' of the Defenders was something that shouldn't have worked, but somehow did. At the time, they were the only team that handled the supernatural and the quirky -- but somehow, Marvel just hasn't been able to capture that lightning in the bottle again.
    If a character like Lord Vashti or Dorma was around Namor could from time to time leave the throne under their care and join the Avengers without a writer using those major vehicles to get him away from Atlantis. There are ways to keep him a king and still have him on adventures with the Avengers, Thor does it all the time, although Odin is many times around. I feel Namor is more difficult because there is no recognizable cast around that can be left in command. I really don't see why most writers use those two reasons to get him away from Atlantis and into surface adventures all the time, maybe due to his nature as protector of his people above everything else, they feel they need to produce a divorce from Atlantis.