Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like that pic of Namor and Jim.

I know---they need to let Namor have some happiness in his regal life...
    LOL! I LOVE it when Namor & Hammond have a get-together. Always so nostalgic (IMHO):

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. It's like they were reading ImperiusWrecked's mind! Had you known, you could have sent your commission in. I mean to keep up with the Line is Drawn, so I can suggest more Namor stuff, but I keep forgetting.

Nick Perk often does Namor images. I LOVE this one he did for an old Line is Drawn. He was selling at ********* so I got a shirt. Wore it to a con and several people commented on it.

https://www.deviantart.com/nick-perk...Here-515312610

(

I was going to say this looks like it is taking place at Namor's movie studio! I don't know much about album covers. We only bought 45s when we were kids

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was going to say this looks like it is taking place at Namor's movie studio! I don't know much about album covers. We only bought 45s when we were kids

Ha! It does! I wonder how long Namor has had that studio?

Me too, as a kid. But later ...

Here's the original cover.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I like that pic of Namor and Jim.

I know---they need to let Namor have some happiness in his regal life...
    Namor happy??? I don't think Marvel even knows what that means anymore. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    LOL, I may be a bit biased but I def like my comm art a whole lot more! Rock Star Namor!

Ahhhhh I love Jim & Namor! I need to see them in a comic again, they have such a great long standing history. However Jim is currently mind controlled in the Iron Man books )':

Ah Lori, yes I vaguely recalled her from seeing an old superman panel online.
    Have to agree. I LOVE your Rock Star Namor commission!

Jim is still in the Iron Man book? Had no idea.

You know, we rarely see Jim and Namor together unless it's Invader related. I think the 90s Namor run and the Heroes for Hire that K7P5V posted are the only non-Invaders stuff out there. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! I LOVE it when Namor & Hammond have a get-together. Always so nostalgic (IMHO)[/img]
    It certainly reminds Namor of his youth.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Another Marvel book to keep an eye out for.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Classi...30524855&psc=1

It lists at $125. I was hoping it wasn't so pricey, but it is less expensive than trying to get even one of these vintage posters. I've seen them go for $300 +

May have to wait for this Calendar, instead, which will hopefully come out AND have at least one of the Namor posters.

https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Marvel-.../dp/1419744062

Instead of the image of Captain Marvel punching Namor, I wish they'd used this one instead.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I love that last one you posts, with Namor flying past the statue of liberty, its very cool.

Have to agree. I LOVE your Rock Star Namor commission!

Jim is still in the Iron Man book? Had no idea.

You know, we rarely see Jim and Namor together unless it's Invader related. I think the 90s Namor run and the Heroes for Hire that K7P5V posted are the only non-Invaders stuff out there. Am I wrong?

It certainly reminds Namor of his youth.
    Thanks Rev! I am waiting a bit for my next commission but hopefully something good. I really want a Namor/Dorma piece but I have yet to settle on what it is exactly I want.

You are right, Jim & Namor were friends in the 90s outside of the Invaders, and also in the Torch miniseries we have Jim and Namor in one comic together. Unless we are counting the golden age era of course, then they had more comics together, lol.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Namor art by Bob Budiansky

edit: Hold on, I just saw it written that this was supposed to be a pitch for a Namor series? Wonder what happened there. Knowing Marvel they probably said "Namor doesn't sell" >:/

Namor art by Matthew Dunn

Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 09-22-2021 at 02:44 AM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

edit: Hold on, I just saw it written that this was supposed to be a pitch for a Namor series? Wonder what happened there. Knowing Marvel they probably said "Namor doesn't sell" >:/

Namor art by Matthew Dunn

I LOVE this Matthew Dunn piece. It kind of reminds me of Tom Coker on the Greg Pak Marvel Comics Presents story. It also looks like Namor is standing there inspecting his whale troops in parade. LOL!

Hmmm. Well, the first Budiansky piece was probably part of a pitch for the 1984 Prince Namor mini-series he did with J. M. DeMatteis. The second pic, with the Marvel Mystery Comics dress seems like a later fan / commissioned addition to the original piece.

There have been a few "failed" pitches for Namor series I've heard of / seen, but the series usual went ahead with another set of creators. For example, both Kieron Gillen and Rick Remender did pitches for a Namor series in 2009ish -- I think they were asked to. Marvel didn't go with either pitch, but instead went with Stuart Moore's pitch, and we got his Namor the First Mutant series from that in 2010ish.

Jim Starlin did a pitch for a Namor series, involving the Russians attacking Atlantis, IIRC, and there was even a page or two of art. However, Marvel went with the Bill Jemas and Salvador LaRocca Tsunami Teen Namor.

I love that last one you posts, with Namor flying past the statue of liberty, its very cool.

Thanks Rev! I am waiting a bit for my next commission but hopefully something good. I really want a Namor/Dorma piece but I have yet to settle on what it is exactly I want.

You are right, Jim & Namor were friends in the 90s outside of the Invaders, and also in the Torch miniseries we have Jim and Namor in one comic together. Unless we are counting the golden age era of course, then they had more comics together, lol.

Isn't it? So much better than getting punched by Captain Marvel. LOL!

Ah, yes, I forgot about that Torch mini-series. It think it is the only one of the Alex Ross Invaders series that didn't get hardcover treatment. I don't think the rest of the Invaders, other than Toro and Namor, were part of that book. I could definitely go for a Jim Hammond and Namor buddy book ... maybe a little like the Wonderman and Beast stuff from the 1980s?

Can't wait to see a Namor and Dorma piece! Just not enough of those around nowadays.

Namor has never really had happiness in his life for more than a fleeting moment. He has had lots of loss and tragedy. I want to see some happiness for our Sea King!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I love that Namor pose and the powerful the Trident of Neptune. I always thought Namor should have used the Trident when battling Thor or Hercules to counter their weapons.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Isn't it? So much better than getting punched by Captain Marvel. LOL!

Ah, yes, I forgot about that Torch mini-series. It think it is the only one of the Alex Ross Invaders series that didn't get hardcover treatment. I don't think the rest of the Invaders, other than Toro and Namor, were part of that book. I could definitely go for a Jim Hammond and Namor buddy book ... maybe a little like the Wonderman and Beast stuff from the 1980s?

Can't wait to see a Namor and Dorma piece! Just not enough of those around nowadays.
    To the utmost, I agree! I'd even settle for the updated version from 2000 (LOL!):

I love that Namor pose and the powerful the Trident of Neptune. I always thought Namor should have used the Trident when battling Thor or Hercules to counter their weapons.
    I know, right?! I keep forgetting that Hercules used to carry around the Golden Mace (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Golden_Mace):

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-23-2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

To the utmost, I agree! I'd even settle for the updated version from 2000 (LOL!):

I know, right?! I keep forgetting that Hercules used to carry around the Golden Mace (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Golden_Mace):

I'd forgotten about Hercules' mace! I think it was mostly in response to Thor's hammer, wasn't it?

Wow. I don't think I've read those Avengers issues. I'll have to see if I can find them.

That is why we make a great team! You always post the best pics!

I'd forgotten about Hercules' mace! I think it was mostly in response to Thor's hammer, wasn't it?

Wow. I don't think I've read those Avengers issues. I'll have to see if I can find them.
    IMHO, highly recommended. From the same writer who officially made Namor a member of Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

That is why we make a great team! You always post the best pics!
    Thanks for the compliments. It really means a lot.