Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! that is BEAUTIFUL. I love the colors/vibe of this art, it really feels underwater! I love Tiger Shark, he is one of my all time favorite Sub-Mariner villains! Congrats on another great art!

(As a side question do you have a picture of like all your collection somewhere? I would love to see how it's all set up! If not it's ok)
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    Just got this back from the framer so I thought I’d share :
    Gorgeous Esad Ribic art, with a beautiful frame. It looks amazing. Thank you for commissioning this and sharing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thanks so much Rev!!!
    Happy to help.

So far the only thing to see him in will be that Avengers story D:
    Okay. I could live without Namor being in a comic if THAT was my only choice. LOL!

Seriously, though, it is just so frustrating to see some of the titles Marvel greenlights, and yet, we can't get a GOOD Namor ongoing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

We came SO CLOSE with the King in Black: Namor mini series! I wish Marvel had greenlit it to spin off into an ongoing, I mean the sales were good? I didn't hear any negative things about the series. The writing and art were all so beautiful.

A very moody commission by Jonathan Marks Barravecchia.

His style reminds me of Marco Rudy ... and Bill Sienkiewicz. Interestingly enough, he's also done a Rime of the Ancient Mariner comic!

Here's a description of his version of Rime and some pages.

Have you ever spoke with someone so crazy, so charming you believed their every word?

Mariner is an expansion of Samual Taylor Coleridge’s lyrical masterpiece, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner', exploring the themes of Choice and Regret through a more contemporary lens, and with a cast of characters throughout our modern history.

Oversized (8.5x11.5) and 100 pages, fully painted, featuring a French-Fold cover.
    https://www.jonathanmarksart.com/creator-owned

Oh, and you can buy it on his site. Standard edition or a more expensive signed and Remarque edition.

https://www.jonathanmarksart.com/sho...n-ancient-rime
    Last edited by Reviresco; 09-18-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Oh my godddddd, that art looks amazing!!!!!! I need to get that comic ASAP

His style is very atmospheric and he clearly has an affinity for water scenes. I thought I had posted his website, but I apparently it was too late for my brain when I posted.

His name is Jonathan Marks Barravecchia. Here's a description of his version of Rime and some pages.

Have you ever spoke with someone so crazy, so charming you believed their every word?

Mariner is an expansion of Samual Taylor Coleridge’s lyrical masterpiece, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner', exploring the themes of Choice and Regret through a more contemporary lens, and with a cast of characters throughout our modern history.

Oversized (8.5x11.5) and 100 pages, fully painted, featuring a French-Fold cover.
    https://www.jonathanmarksart.com/creator-owned

Oh, and you can buy it on his site. Standard edition or a more expensive signed and Remarque edition.

https://www.jonathanmarksart.com/sho...n-ancient-rime

We came SO CLOSE with the King in Black: Namor mini series! I wish Marvel had greenlit it to spin off into an ongoing, I mean the sales were good? I didn't hear any negative things about the series. The writing and art were all so beautiful.
    Especially given the ending of King in Black Namor. I mean it is SCREAMING for a sequel. What the heck is going on with the Black Tide??? And of course, the important part, DORMA!!!

I have my art spread out in a few rooms I could take pics but it’s hard to get a scope of everything because they all sit on different opposing walls I’ll see if I can get a few shots in

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Line It is Drawn: Namor, Aquaman, Mera and Lori Lemaris as a rock band.

https://www.cbr.com/brand-new-comic-...bands-gallery/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Especially given the ending of King in Black Namor. I mean it is SCREAMING for a sequel. What the heck is going on with the Black Tide??? And of course, the important part, DORMA!!!
    THE SET UP TO BRING DORMA BACK WOULD HAVE WORKED SO WELL IF IT WAS EXTENDED INTO A SOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    I have my art spread out in a few rooms I could take pics but it’s hard to get a scope of everything because they all sit on different opposing walls I’ll see if I can get a few shots in
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

I don't know the last one, I think she was a superman character? but cool art!

That is cute. Poor Namor is outnumbered by DC water folk, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Wow. It's like they were reading ImperiusWrecked's mind! Had you known, you could have sent your commission in. I mean to keep up with the Line is Drawn, so I can suggest more Namor stuff, but I keep forgetting.

Nick Perk often does Namor images. I LOVE this one he did for an old Line is Drawn. He was selling at ********* so I got a shirt. Wore it to a con and several people commented on it.

https://www.deviantart.com/nick-perk...Here-515312610

Cool!

I don't know the last one, I think she was a superman character? but cool art!
    Yep. It's Lori Lemaris.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is cute. Poor Namor is outnumbered by DC water folk, lol.

Well, if they would quite killing off Namor's water folk ...

I like that pic of Namor and Jim.

I know---they need to let Namor have some happiness in his regal life...
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. It's like they were reading ImperiusWrecked's mind! Had you known, you could have sent your commission in. I mean to keep up with the Line is Drawn, so I can suggest more Namor stuff, but I keep forgetting.

Nick Perk often does Namor images. I LOVE this one he did for an old Line is Drawn. He was selling at ********* so I got a shirt. Wore it to a con and several people commented on it.

https://www.deviantart.com/nick-perk...Here-515312610

Yep. It's Lori Lemaris.

Well, if they would quite killing off Namor's water folk ...
    LOL, I may be a bit biased but I def like my comm art a whole lot more! Rock Star Namor!

Ahhhhh I love Jim & Namor! I need to see them in a comic again, they have such a great long standing history. However Jim is currently mind controlled in the Iron Man books )':

Ah Lori, yes I vaguely recalled her from seeing an old superman panel online.