Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Brace yourselves fellow Namor fans. Aaron's writing Namor again, next week. What a hot mess. I don't know where to start with all the wrongness.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/08/ma...w-avengers-49/

Last edited by Reviresco; 10-08-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

*looks at Aaron's previews* UGHHHHHHHHH

Seriously I am so sick and tired of Namor being blamed and betrayed by literally everyone. I just hope Aaron stops writing him after this.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Some Namor art to soften the blow of more terrible Namor writing from Aaron

Fanart by Seba

Art by Luca Strati

Once again be pointing out how stupid Aaron's writing is and how little he knows of Atlantean history because Atlantis is NOT Wakanda and everyone does NOT have equal right to rule, it is a monarchy and those with noble Neptune's blood have right to rule otherwise Namor would have been kicked out decades ago for being half human, but he isn't because its literally his place to rule. This is so stupid.

Regarding Black Panther 2 rumors, is anyone here sold on the possibility of Namor being Mexican/Mayan?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Regarding Black Panther 2 rumors, is anyone here sold on the possibility of Namor being Mexican/Mayan?
    If you mean, do I care if they cast a Mexican / Mayan actor; I'm fine with that. Though I Huerta doesn't exactly fit my mental image of Namor.

If you mean, do I believe Huerta and the casting call for Hispanic / Mayan actors are going to end up being Namor in Black Panther 2 ... no, I don't believe those rumors, especially with the confirmation of RiRi showing up in the movie. Just too much to do in this movie without trying to explain Atlantis and Namor.

Also, IIRC, the last casting call specifically asked for Spanish speaking actors for a village or something. I don't think they are going to make Atlantis a lost colony of Spain.

Plus, Namor has gotten zero push on the comicbook end of things.

My off the wall theory is that Huerta and company are going to be one of the tribes in the Savage Land -- perhaps even Ka-Zar himself.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    *looks at Aaron's previews* UGHHHHHHHHH

Seriously I am so sick and tired of Namor being blamed and betrayed by literally everyone. I just hope Aaron stops writing him after this.
    Once again be pointing out how stupid Aaron's writing is and how little he knows of Atlantean history because Atlantis is NOT Wakanda and everyone does NOT have equal right to rule, it is a monarchy and those with noble Neptune's blood have right to rule otherwise Namor would have been kicked out decades ago for being half human, but he isn't because its literally his place to rule. This is so stupid.

That was exactly my thought. Since when has Atlantis become Wakanda??? The Atlanteans aren't so stupid as to want fricking human TIGER SHARK to rule instead of Namor. Or howabout Attuman's daughter? Or poor dumb Orka??? LOL!

There have been characters that have tried, or taken Atlantis, but it wasn't via trial by combat. Llyra and Krang tried to marry their way onto the throne. Attuma has actually conquered the place. Krang and Byrrah have schemed, usually when Namor wasn't around, with Tha-korr or the council. They also tried to instigate revolutions. We aren't EVEN going to attempt to untangle the ridiculous Llyron nonsense.

Namor IS the rightful legitimate ruler of Atlantis by his parentage which includes the blood of Neptune. He cemented his rule waaaay back in the Quest by finding the Sacred Trident of Atlantis. He's since gotten Neptune's personal approval inscribed on his giant disco belt. Sadly, Neptune can't help that the Atlanteans are a fickle bunch who are susceptible to false idols. ;p

The other nonsense that got me was the Avengers getting daily intelligence briefing from Wakanda. SMH. Seriously??? Not to mention, how the F does Wakanda know what goes on under the waves? It's not a place that's easy to spy on for air breathers. Oh, wait. This intel must come from Ka-Zar and his one-breath holding, loin cloth wearing, spying on a civilization miles below the surface, which speaks a language he doesn't even know.

At least now we know why Aaron wrote Namor completely out of character with the Phoenix and losing to freaking Echo -- so he could put Namor in this stupid situation.

Some Namor art to soften the blow of more terrible Namor writing from Aaron

Fanart by Seba

Aw, lil' Namor and his big floppies, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    If you mean, do I care if they cast a Mexican / Mayan actor; I'm fine with that. Though I Huerta doesn't exactly fit my mental image of Namor.

If you mean, do I believe Huerta and the casting call for Hispanic / Mayan actors are going to end up being Namor in Black Panther 2 ... no, I don't believe those rumors, especially with the confirmation of RiRi showing up in the movie. Just too much to do in this movie without trying to explain Atlantis and Namor.

Also, IIRC, the last casting call specifically asked for Spanish speaking actors for a village or something. I don't think they are going to make Atlantis a lost colony of Spain.

Plus, Namor has gotten zero push on the comicbook end of things.

My off the wall theory is that Huerta and company are going to be one of the tribes in the Savage Land -- perhaps even Ka-Zar himself.
    I’d love for the Savage Land to be introduced earlier than expected. But if Namor truly is the antagonist then this movie is really going to feel like a clusterfuck because on top of having to explain Namor and Atlantis, you also have to establish Ironheart, explore the “rich subcultures of Wakanda” like Feige claimed, AND explain T’Challas absence since Marvel is hellbent on not recasting.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I’d love for the Savage Land to be introduced earlier than expected. But if Namor truly is the antagonist then this movie is really going to feel like a clusterfuck because on top of having to explain Namor and Atlantis, you also have to establish Ironheart, explore the “rich subcultures of Wakanda” like Feige claimed, AND explain T’Challas absence since Marvel is hellbent on not recasting.
    Regarding the recast, I think they will do it for 3. Atlantis would need it's own movie and Namor is more connected to the Fantastic Four than T'Challa, so I don't see how they would use him outside of a cameo for like maybe connecting the two through the flower. I do not see him as being the Antagonist, that would be dumb. The Savage Land I can see, connection to some hidden group that could have had ties to Wakanda.

OH Wait wait...What if it's Hector Ayala. He's from PR originally and found the Amulet of Power, given the whole history of the amulets you could alter it to fit within a different backstory where they come from rather than a Ninja clan. I could easily see them making it connected to a South american history and instead of having a Panther running around Hector could have been inspired by T'challa.

As for Namor...Isn't he still wrapped up with Universal Or has that changed?

I agree, if the rumors are true, BP 2 is going to be a mess, with very little of Wakanda being featured.

The Savage Land is a MUCH easier concept to sell -- we've all seen it on the screen before (King Kong, Monster Island, Land of the Lost, etc.) and there's very little "civilization" to sell -- even though there ARE people living in the Savage Land. Plus, the Savage Land has a Wakanda connection with their own vibranium.

And let's look at the comics side of things. Ka-Zar just got a mini-series with a major power upgrade. He just got a Marvel Tales (which, with one exception, only movie characters get) comic recently. He's had an omnibus released this year. He's showing up in various other comics, including Avengers stuff.

Namor meanwhile is barely showing up in comics. He did get a mini-series at the beginning of the year, but it was tied to an event, and seems to have been a trademark retention move, with no follow through ... except to be mentioned by Aaron as another 'mistake' Namor made.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Regarding the recast, I think they will do it for 3. Atlantis would need it's own movie and Namor is more connected to the Fantastic Four than T'Challa, so I don't see how they would use him outside of a cameo for like maybe connecting the two through the flower. I do not see him as being the Antagonist, that would be dumb. The Savage Land I can see, connection to some hidden group that could have had ties to Wakanda.

OH Wait wait...What if it's Hector Ayala. He's from PR originally and found the Amulet of Power, given the whole history of the amulets you could alter it to fit within a different backstory where they come from rather than a Ninja clan. I could easily see them making it connected to a South american history and instead of having a Panther running around Hector could have been inspired by T'challa.

As for Namor...Isn't he still wrapped up with Universal Or has that changed?
    Feige made a statement before the pandemic IIRC that they are still working it out and not much since. His last quote was "I think there’s a way to probably figure it out but it does have — it’s not as a clean or clear as the majority of the other characters.”

It might be something similar to the Hulk situation where the Hulk can't have a solo but he can appear in the MCU. I don't know why they can't work out a deal similar to the one Marvel has with Spider-Man and Sony. It could be there is a third entity involved in the ownership but I'm just guessing.

I hate everything. lol.
    There's so much awful when it comes to current Marvel and Namor I don't even enjoy seeing him pop up in comics anymore. I just know it's going to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I hate everything. lol.
    There's so much awful when it comes to current Marvel and Namor I don't even enjoy seeing him pop up in comics anymore. I just know it's going to be bad.
    The comic character fan's endless dilemma ... Do you want to see the character get some page time and be badly written, but not forgotten? Or do you want him not show up and be forgotten? So sad that we are reduced to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I agree, if the rumors are true, BP 2 is going to be a mess, with very little of Wakanda being featured.

The Savage Land is a MUCH easier concept to sell -- we've all seen it on the screen before (King Kong, Monster Island, Land of the Lost, etc.) and there's very little "civilization" to sell -- even though there ARE people living in the Savage Land. Plus, the Savage Land has a Wakanda connection with their own vibranium.

And let's look at the comics side of things. Ka-Zar just got a mini-series with a major power upgrade. He just got a Marvel Tales (which, with one exception, only movie characters get) comic recently. He's had an omnibus released this year. He's showing up in various other comics, including Avengers stuff.

Namor meanwhile is barely showing up in comics. He did get a mini-series at the beginning of the year, but it was tied to an event, and seems to have been a trademark retention move, with no follow through ... except to be mentioned by Aaron as another 'mistake' Namor made.

As someone who has always enjoyed Ka-Zar and the Savage Land, I can tell you that the new mini-series is trash and it would have been better to leave Ka-Zar languishing on the backburner then have him show up with Shanna having utterly tiresome "Earth-Goddess" powers again, his son having some sort of ridiculous flower power, and Ka-Zar having a somewhat sentient loincloth that can change shape and act offensively, as it it were some sort of knock-off Venom symbiote. All this plus Ka-Zar and Shanna are now vegan and lecture their son about it while sitting in their tree house kitchen that is fully furnished with modern appliances. Trust me, I'd much rather Ka-Zar did not have a book out.

At least Namor had a fun sleeper mini with the King In Black book. He also had 3 Omnibuses released relatively recently.

The Savage Land has a much closer connection to Atlantis than it does Wakanda, considering the peoples of the Savage Land (excluding the prehistoric Neanderthal and Ape-like peoples) are all descendants of Pre-Cataclysm Atlantis. Wakanda and T'Challa have little more than political self interest when it comes to the Savage Land because of the vibranium. Which essentially makes them just like every other outside power, though I would not accuse T'Challa of trying to exploit the Savage Land, he just wants to ensure Wakanda is really the only Vibranium powered state on earth. Namor on the other hand, should have interest in the Savage Land as literally an extension of his Kingdom and it's peoples as his people. You have a giant international story arc right there.
    Last edited by Doombot; 10-12-2021 at 04:08 PM.