Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think we have to accept the MCU as it is, a different version of the comics.

Panther himself came before the FF, bah.

So it is likely Subby will even come before them, double bah.

But I'm thinking a foreshadow will appear in Eternals, if only of the Atlantis story/denouement.
    They would have to make some major changes NOT to mention the pre-catacylismic Atlantis, i.e. not mention the Deviants and the return of the Celestials. But I'd be very surprised if they did anything with Namor. They've got too many characters in that movie as it is.

And who would have thought that Black Knight would make it to the big screen before Namor???

Yes, the MCU is different from the MU -- though I'm sure there's one universe in the Multiverse that is just like the comics. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Thanks for the Instagram link, I love his art !
    You are welcome! I try to post an artist link if possible.

I think he added lots of cool details to this Namor pic. I just realized his ankle wings are actually gold fish! Plus he has the clam shell mon. And the wave / ocean pattern on his clothes. Really gorgeous.

I love his Japanese X-Men. Great idea AND execution. Haven't had a chance to look at his Japanese DC. His other art is quite dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Those are cool! Is there Namor art in a Dungeons & Dragons style setting?
    I don't think I've seen one. I'll have to go looking. Though, his newest outfit is kind of medieval looking.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Awesome! And on sale! Now I need to find a free shipping code.

Those are cool! Is there Namor art in a Dungeons & Dragons style setting?
    I did find this one figure someone created at Hero's Forge!

https://www.reddit.com/r/HeroForgeMi...eb2x&context=3

This reminded me of the 1602 Namor, but he wasn't very medieval or Renaissance looking. This artist, however, went for an even older version of the Marvel Heroes. Namor as a Byzantine Emperor was a pretty cool take, IMO.

https://www.deviantart.com/jlonnett/...ages-168196935

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I did find this one figure someone created at Hero's Forge!

This reminded me of the 1602 Namor, but he wasn't very medieval or Renaissance looking. This artist, however, went for an even older version of the Marvel Heroes. Namor as a Byzantine Emperor was a pretty cool take, IMO.
    Fabulous art Reviresco, my thanks! I really like it when artists go all out in the regalia and armor stuff that evokes the feel of the distant past.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Random question: How would you feel if Namor were start using the Trident of Neptune more often and to it's full potential, which is basically a mystical weapon more akin to Mjolnir? Do people enjoy Namor more as a bruiser just using his fists? The trident is able to manipulate water, alter or control storms, has energy or laser abilities and has varying abilities no yet described or known.

Considering mosts artists don't even draw the correct trident, I don't see this happening anytime soon. At the very least the trident should be seen as a more important symbol of Atlantean Royal/Imperial power, the status of the King etc.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm not familiar with the trident's weapon but I'd hate it if it is used mostly to shoot electricity because that's a way overused ability. I'd find more creatives uses for it, like make clear water murky (or vice versa), allow air breathers to breathe underwater in a short radius, lower or raise the temperature to freezing or boiling points, bestow resistance to magical mind control, etc.; basically some water-related powers straight out of D&D.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm not familiar with the trident's weapon but I'd hate it if it is used mostly to shoot electricity because that's a way overused ability. I'd find more creatives uses for it, like make clear water murky (or vice versa), allow air breathers to breathe underwater in a short radius, lower or raise the temperature to freezing or boiling points, bestow resistance to magical mind control, etc.; basically some water-related powers straight out of D&D.
    I don't think it has powers related to electricity, nor would I want that either. As to you other ideas, seeing how it's been so underused for so long, the potential for it's abilities is pretty open.

October solicits are out, and it looks like the only new Namor is by ... Aaron. sigh.

AVENGERS #49
    JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A/C)
    STORMBREAKERS VENOMIZED VARIANT COVER BY JUANN CABAL
    DEADPOOL 30TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY ROB LIEFELD
    MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER BY JOE JUSKO
    "WORLD WAR SHE-HULK" Goes Nuclear!
    War beneath the waves. The Winter Hulk has been sent to Atlantis with a dark mission. And things will get even darker and bloodier if the Russian super-assassin Red Widow has her way. But no matter who wins, She-Hulk and the Avengers will be changed forever!
    And next month, it all explodes in AVENGERS #750!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Random question: How would you feel if Namor were start using the Trident of Neptune more often and to it's full potential, which is basically a mystical weapon more akin to Mjolnir? Do people enjoy Namor more as a bruiser just using his fists? The trident is able to manipulate water, alter or control storms, has energy or laser abilities and has varying abilities no yet described or known.

Considering mosts artists don't even draw the correct trident, I don't see this happening anytime soon. At the very least the trident should be seen as a more important symbol of Atlantean Royal/Imperial power, the status of the King etc.
    I'm cool with Namor using a trident, but the way he's been written, he does seem to like to use his fists more often than not. We see him with a trident, but I'm not sure it's the actual Sacred Trident, which has those special powers. I think because it IS the symbol of Atlantean royalty / power and the endorsement of Neptune, it's not used every day. It apparently was lost at some point, which prompted the Quest, so I think the Atlanteans might be a little careful about it.

Something we also haven't seen again, is the magical Neptune Armor. I'd like to see that defined a bit more also.

I don't think it has powers related to electricity, nor would I want that either. As to you other ideas, seeing how it's been so underused for so long, the potential for it's abilities is pretty open.
    Interesting ideas, for sure. I think water manipulation has been the main one we've seen in comics. I sort of remember an energy attack, but I'm not 100% certain of that. Ditto storms, which should fall under Neptune's abilities. I like the allow air breathers to breathe underwater when in proximity and the magic defenses. Something that gets forgotten is that Neptune is also the Earthshaker.

I'm leaning toward putting Namor in more fantasy / magical stories, so utilizing the Sacred Trident and it's magic sounds great to me.

In agreement with you about the Sacred Armor of Ancient Atlantis. I'd be very interested in seeing it again.

This seems real cool, the trident. I think it needs a real story, real reason, why he starts using it this way/more often, and for me that would be

Some visioning or quest from Neptune Himself. In my opinion Namor was used quite well and effectively as an advocate for cleaning up pollution and environmental soundness, all those years ago when our concerns for Mother Earth first started; like 50 years ago with Earth Day, or 60 years if you think about Rachael Carson/Silent Spring.

A part of why I'm a modern Neo-Pagan, Wiccan/Witch, is because of love for the soundness of nature and to advocate against its exploitation and abuse.
    Many like me believe that the old Gods are returning, in part because many of us want to reclaim the old traditions that revered this creation - and to help save the planet.
    So it is *indeed* fitting that Namor would be a Pagan, crusader for the concerns of Gods like Neptune or any who want to heal the world.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I'd be more open to the return of the Sacred Armor of Neptune if it weren't so damn ugly. Why would enchanted armor of Nepture be covered in ragged metal spikes and skulls lol

I'd be more open to the return of the Sacred Armor of Neptune if it weren't so damn ugly. Why would enchanted armor of Nepture be covered in ragged metal spikes and skulls lol
    That's another super power of the Sacred Armor ... it follows fashion trends. If it were to appear now, it wouldn't have that dated 90s spikes stuff. ;p

I thought there could be a story behind the skulls. Like they are the captured souls of enemies and help power the armor.