Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
We'll see. At this point, my 'faith' in Marvel treating Namor right is in the sub-basement. Aaron appears to be writing each issue from the PoV of one character. I doubt he'll write from Namor's PoV, but when he writes from Zabu's PoV instead, just imagine me yelling, "I told you so!" LOL!
I completely understand where you're coming from, but as someone unlucky enough to be a fan of many of the Marvel characters that always seem to be neglected, like Namor and Ka-Zar etc, I don't get upset when at least one of them gets a moment in the spotlight. I don't feel it's an "either or" situation, like Man-Thing getting a mini is the reason Namor isn't etc etc. That being said, I totally agree with the sentiment and frustration.

Hey, in your writing musing, have you given thought to the Atlantean connection with the Hidden Land?
If you mean the Savage Land/Pangea, it's something I've thought about a lot, and have had many different ideas about how to tackle the problem. Pre-Cataclysm Atlantis can be connected to the Savage Land in more than one way, and should be imo. The first, biggest problem is trying to iron out how exactly the Savage Land/Pangea came about to begin with. I certainly dismiss the origin with the hideously designed aliens that were commissioned to create the Savage Land for The Beyonders with some unknown motive. This origin was tacked on the the very end of the "Ka-Zar The Savage" series in the 80s as it was cancelled and can be dismissed as a dream. Ultimately though, this issue can be ignored or left mysterious, as whatever the answer may be, it wasn't the Atlanteans that created the place. So, however the Savage Land came to be, it was eventually discovered and colonized by the Ancient Atlanteans. How and why they came to the Savage Land, and why they left Atlantis to begin with are all shrouded in mystery. All of the humans that currently live in the Savage Land, whether they live in ancient city kingdoms or have reverted to tribal and hunter-gatherer life, are all direct descendants of the Pre-Cataclysm Atlanteans. They are cousins to Namor and the oceanic Atlantean peoples. This place and it's people should be of great interest to Namor and Atlantis. How did these Pangean Atlanteans escape the Cataclysm? Why did they travel to this place? Did they know something? Did they break away from the Ancient Atlantis for some reason? What caused the Cataclysm? The Celestials? If so, why? We know Ancient Lemuria has connections to the Deviants, did Ancient Atlantis have connections to the Eternals? Did something happen between these races that brought about Celestial wrath? Once the Celestials destroyed Atlantis and Lemuria, why didn't the survivors seek out Pangea? Why did they turn to living in the sea? HOW did they do this? Was this something that was developing before the Cataclysm? These are a LOT of questions LOL, but within the questions you begin to see the endless room for creating fun and interesting stories. Namor, Atlantis, The Savage Land/Pangea, Pre-Cataclysmic Atlantis, The Eternals and Celestials are all connected and probably my favourite little underdeveloped corner of the Marvel Universe.

You want to have a fun story that connects Namor and the Savage Land and creates all kinds of interesting drama between Namor and the Marvel Universe status-quo? Have Namor declare Pangea an Atlantean Dominion and part of sovereign Empire of Atlantis. Have Namor claim Pangea, the land and it's people as property and subjects of Atlantis. Have Namor declare himself King of The Savage Land and watch heads explode all over the world.

I don't want to bore anyone with a wall of text, but yeah, there's lots of room for stories in this area, I have lots of ideas about it. Unless, of course, you didn't mean the Savage Land by "The Hidden Land", then you can just ignore this post LOL