Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Water tank scene spotted on the set of BP2
    https://twitter.com/bpanthernews/sta...862852097?s=19
    I open the link and the first thing I see is a post with Panther smacking Namor around. Yeah..no.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Just curious, but why do you think this source is more credible than others?

** sounds good, for sure **. I also believe that the concept of Atlantis will be shown in Eternals,

world-building for the MCU it may be.
    A quote from Olsen about Dr. Strange 2, says it is a real "Horror" story and some aspects of Atlantis, undersea, mystic stuff could bring the horror.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see pre-cataclysmic Atlantis show up in Eternals, and definitely Lemuria, with the Deviants.

Sure, I agree, Atlantis and the Namor mythos can have a horror vibe, and there's stuff in print that runs with that, from the Milligan and Ribic THE DEPTHS mini-series, to references to R'yleh. Mystic and magic is the foundation of the Marvel's Atlantis.

TBH, I'm fairly critical of these rumors of Namor being in Black Panther, in part, because I REALLY don't want Namor to be in a Black Panther movie. But even beyond that, I'm critical of alot of the MCU "news." For me, there are three levels of reporting for the MCU.

MOST CREDIBLE: From the horse's mouth. I.E. Feige or an actor or director or Marvel / Disney just answers the question directly. Everyone will post an article on their announcements. Every once in a while, this will be wrong, if the source is trying to keep things secret, or misinterpreted, or they are confused. I remember being so excited when the director of Captain America First Avengers said the Invaders would be in the movie -- he meant the Howling Commandos.

CREDIBLE: Hollywood professional organizations and trades, like casting agencies, and Variety and Hollywood Reporter. They actually do have industry sources because they are part of the industry. Most comic book sites will post an article on these. I'm still a bit cautious about these reports, especially if it is behind a paywall, but I'm more willing to believe it true.

NOT CREDIBLE: Most of the clickbait rumor sites, who have unnamed insider 'sources.' I could go on 4chan and post my headcannon plot and these sites would report it as true. I think a good portion of their posts are pure speculation on their part.

The Gargantos news is more credible to me, because the news came from one of the regular comic websites, and it originally came from an industy casting website, which they linked, so I could read it myself. They've changed the listing a bit, now saying her role is Gargantos Fight 2, which sounds more like WHERE she appears, rather than her playing Gargantos, which makes more sense, since it's a giant octopus monster. A lot of people are screaming Namor, but it seems to point more to Lemuria and the Serpent Crown, as that's where the monster shows.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

What's the status of the Lemurian subrace of Atlanteans, BTW?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Water tank scene spotted on the set of BP2
    https://twitter.com/bpanthernews/sta...862852097?s=19
    Between this and the Gargantos news, I see I'll get nothing useful in my searches for a couple of days.

That said, let's remember there are water tank scenes in any number of MCU movies, including the first BP movie, and we still have no Namor.

The live-action portion of Warrior Falls was a complex outdoor set built at the OFS fiber-optics plant in the northern part of Atlanta. It encompassed a 60-foot-wide pool with 30-foot-high cliffs behind it that featured three running falls feeding 30,000 gallons of water per minute over the cliff set and into the pool.

The pool itself was elevated 6 feet off the ground, allowing the water to spill over its sides and drain back into the tank while also allowing cinematographer Rachel Morrison’s cameras to move in any direction, explains VFX supervisor Geoffrey Baumann. The set was then extended with CG to create the full environment, which included 102 waterfalls, each of which had “unique simulations that required a bunch of time and render power.”

Adds Baumann: “We even replaced the surface of the water [in the tank] because it didn’t give us enough flow and danger. Ryan wanted that sense of danger that if you fell, you could get washed over the edge [of the falls].”
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...-life-1172677/

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I open the link and the first thing I see is a post with Panther smacking Namor around. Yeah..no.
    EXACTLY. Exactly why I see no need for Namor to be in a Black Panther movie.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    What's the status of the Lemurian subrace of Atlanteans, BTW?
    The last we saw of the Lemurians was in Mark Waid's Hulk run, IIRC. They somehow had Attuma ruling them, or trying to take over.

While we are posting Internet rumors ...

[ ELDER ]
    Male or Female, 60's-70's, Maya. Please submit actors who are Maya. Day Player. Please include a note if your client is an Actor with Maya heritage/background

[ FEMALE MAYA ELDER ]
    Female, 60's-70's, Maya. Please submit actors who are Maya. Experience speaking Yucatec is a plus, but should be comfortable speaking Spanish. Small Supporting. Please include a note if your client is an Actor with Maya heritage/background
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...n_marvel_film/

More Mayans! I bolded the pertinent part. I also saw another casting call for a young Mayan boy, where they also mentioned speaking Spanish. So, I'm thinking these are for characters that ARE Mayan, not for Mayans playing Atlanteans.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I see that Hickman Avengers panel of T'Challa punching Namor on almost every post *rolls eyes*

I agree with you and Rev, I really don't want Namor in BP2. He would end up as a wakandian punching bag ):
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    While we are posting Internet rumors ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...n_marvel_film/

More Mayans! I bolded the pertinent part. I also saw another casting call for a young Mayan boy, where they also mentioned speaking Spanish. So, I'm thinking these are for characters that ARE Mayan, not for Mayans playing Atlanteans.
    If this is actually a whole new secret kingdom that Wakanda might have known, then honestly bringing in new characters is better. However my thought now is they will simply call this "Atlantis" in passing, such as "our city/kingdom has been called by many names one such name is Atlantis". This worries me because then we won't ever have a true Atlantis ever made and everyone will say this is it.

I remember ages ago when rumors of beach/water scenes were circulating and how marvel was doing make up and prosthetics in rain/water for extras, I was so sure it was Atlanteans but it turned out to be Skrulls. I keep trying to not fear every new rumor but I can't rest until BP2 is finished.

Hey all!
    Let me introduce myself, I am Namorcosplay, as one would assume I cosplay Namor the Sub-Mariner exclusively. I stumbled upon this forum and it's always exciting meeting other members of Namor Nation! I look forward to meeting all of you.
    I love cosplaying Namor, it took me a while to do him cause I was self-concious and kept putting it off til I felt comfortable enough with my body to do it. After I did my first, I didnt want to stop so that is why I am exclusive with him. I have done his current Avengers black armor look, Invaders Now, the Phoenix Five, and most recently the iconic speedo, and I have many more planned for the future.

Anyway I wanted to share some of them, hope you like them! Also my instagram is @namorcosplay and so is my twitter handle.

Imperius Rex!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I see that Hickman Avengers panel of T'Challa punching Namor on almost every post *rolls eyes*

I agree with you and Rev, I really don't want Namor in BP2. He would end up as a wakandian punching bag ):
    Exactly.

If this is actually a whole new secret kingdom that Wakanda might have known, then honestly bringing in new characters is better. However my thought now is they will simply call this "Atlantis" in passing, such as "our city/kingdom has been called by many names one such name is Atlantis". This worries me because then we won't ever have a true Atlantis ever made and everyone will say this is it.
    Perhaps. I hope not. It's kind of weird, however, that they have them speaking Spanish and actual Mayan. I'm trying to remember if there's a Mayan connection to the Eternals in Kirby's run? I feel there probably is. But I'm still thinking Savage Land.

I remember ages ago when rumors of beach/water scenes were circulating and how marvel was doing make up and prosthetics in rain/water for extras, I was so sure it was Atlanteans but it turned out to be Skrulls. I keep trying to not fear every new rumor but I can't rest until BP2 is finished.
    Yep! Basically if a deep puddle shows up on a Black Panther movie, people are screaming, "It's Namor!"

Well if they are doing Mayan Atlanteans then it’s definitely because Marvel wants their version of Atlantis to stand out from DC’s which is more Greek inspired.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

#2/3 Submariner Trilogy pieces complete .

Artist: Esad Ribic
    Medium : water colour , pencil , acrylic
    Size: 14” x 20”

It’s been a while since I’ve posted . Life stuff ( started a family , Covid , etc etc ) so I haven’t been around . I’m very happy to show off this new piece of art . Some of you remember the 1st Villain team up piece Esad did from an older thread . The new painting was done in New Jersey this week at Anthony’s Comicbook Shop. Esad flew in for the week to catch up on back ordered commissions and he delivered a great second piece to me . A classic cover from the silver age and one of my favs in that run ( an hommage to the late John Buscema ) he created a modernized version in his own style . My only direction was that it take place underwater and it be recognizable to the original . He delivered . Hope you guys like it !
    Last edited by Subby1939; 07-28-2021 at 03:26 PM.

For those that haven’t seen art piece # 1/3 of the Submariner trilogy by Esad Ribic

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Hey all!
    Let me introduce myself, I am Namorcosplay, as one would assume I cosplay Namor the Sub-Mariner exclusively. I stumbled upon this forum and it's always exciting meeting other members of Namor Nation! I look forward to meeting all of you.
    I love cosplaying Namor, it took me a while to do him cause I was self-concious and kept putting it off til I felt comfortable enough with my body to do it. After I did my first, I didnt want to stop so that is why I am exclusive with him. I have done his current Avengers black armor look, Invaders Now, the Phoenix Five, and most recently the iconic speedo, and I have many more planned for the future.

Anyway I wanted to share some of them, hope you like them! Also my instagram is @namorcosplay and so is my twitter handle.

Imperius Rex!
    Hey there, namorcosplay! Welcome.

Very nice Namor cosplay. Hope you enjoy our little thread here.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!