Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1313
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    You've captured Dorma and Namor's relationship perfectly here. Dorma not taking any gruff from Namor, and still making him laugh -- something we so rarely see. Excellent!
    I had a chuckle when I read your post. It almost seems like you had already read the dialog of the next panel, or maybe you have Xaviers mental powers and we have been writing this together without me realizing it! I swear this has been already written for months now. LOL

Chapter 2 Page 44 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 3 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

So I decided to be a masochist and read Avengers #50. While I'm not surprised that it's terrible, I am surprised at HOW terrible. I don't even know who these books are for anymore, does this appeal to readers? Am I now officially too old for comics, are they just for a different type of audience now? All I can do is shake my head really. The book is full of characters I genuinely like, yet it makes me hate all of them. Panther, She-Hulk, Namor, Celestials, Galactus, Mephisto, yes and even Ka-Zar and Doom himself. I should be in Heaven, but I just don't even know what to think. It's certainly not good.

The last time I read Avengers with Namor was back when he was leading the villain team against the Avengers and the Russian super team. What has happened that I missed, why is he grovelling in front of She-Hulk?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You are welcome. These are always great to see. But I want more, more, more, lol! I would love to see Namor with a plushy Giganto, squid and trident that he is holding/playing with in his room when no one is around!

I would also love to see Namor have a scene with Thor, Wonder Man and Phoenix IX!
    <Since I was very good this year, I put this on my Christmas List! >
    If I could only clone myself so I could produce all this work. LOL At least a version of Thor you might see from me one of these days. At one point I had Thor and Emma Frost as part of the story but I decided against it.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    If a character like Lord Vashti or Dorma was around Namor could from time to time leave the throne under their care and join the Avengers without a writer using those major vehicles to get him away from Atlantis. There are ways to keep him a king and still have him on adventures with the Avengers, Thor does it all the time, although Odin is many times around. I feel Namor is more difficult because there is no recognizable cast around that can be left in command. I really don't see why most writers use those two reasons to get him away from Atlantis and into surface adventures all the time, maybe due to his nature as protector of his people above everything else, they feel they need to produce a divorce from Atlantis.
    Even without Vashti or Dorma there, where are characters like Byrrah, Krang, or even Attuma, why aren't they filling the vacuum that Namor is constantly leaving? I could easily imagine a story where Byrrah takes the throne as a steward, becoming a sort of "Price John" to Namor's absent "King Richard". I swear, Marvel had made Namor into the most incompetent, disaster of a monarch. I couldn't blame all of Atlantis if it were to revolt and depose Namor forever, and maybe the monarchy. Thakorr was a better Emperor, grumpy as he was. Hell, Doom, an actual tyrant, has a better track record. At least Latverians are depicted as safe and happy for the most part. Doom's shenanigans usually only ever seem to get his personal castle attacked or destroyed. The world of the Sub-Mariner is a mess.

Hey Thor-El, the skin textures on your Namor are really good, I think you've improved since I last saw your art.
    Last edited by Doombot; 12-03-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    So I decided to be a masochist and read Avengers #50. While I'm not surprised that it's terrible, I am surprised at HOW terrible. I don't even know who these books are for anymore, does this appeal to readers? Am I now officially too old for comics, are they just for a different type of audience now? All I can do is shake my head really. The book is full of characters I genuinely like, yet it makes me hate all of them. Panther, She-Hulk, Namor, Celestials, Galactus, Mephisto, yes and even Ka-Zar and Doom himself. I should be in Heaven, but I just don't even know what to think. It's certainly not good.

The last time I read Avengers with Namor was back when he was leading the villain team against the Avengers and the Russian super team. What has happened that I missed, why is he grovelling in front of She-Hulk?
    Pretty much agree. It's a hot mess. I really don't think this does appeal to many readers.

You fortunately missed the horrible Enter the Phoenix, which was beyond stupid. IIRC, Namor and She-Hulk, as participants in the Phoenix Tournament, duked it out in Moscow, and things got wrecked. Which prompted the Russians to go crazy and try to nuke Atlantis. She-Hulk saves the Atlanteans by absorbing the nuke. And that's why Aaron has that ridiculous scene with She-Hulk. WHY she wants Namor to join the Avengers, I'll never know.

Even without Vashti or Dorma there, where are characters like Byrrah, Krang, or even Attuma, why aren't they filling the vacuum that Namor is constantly leaving? I could easily imagine a story where Byrrah takes the throne as a steward, becoming a sort of "Price John" to Namor's absent "King Richard".
    That's exactly why I've said this nonsense of Namor having amnesia for decades is idiotic. You really think that trio is NOT going to take over Atlantis and rule for the 40 to 50 years they've got Namor missing, now?

I swear, Marvel had made Namor into the most incompetent, disaster of a monarch. I couldn't blame all of Atlantis if it were to revolt and depose Namor forever, and maybe the monarchy. Thakorr was a better Emperor, grumpy as he was. Hell, Doom, an actual tyrant, has a better track record. At least Latverians are depicted as safe and happy for the most part. Doom's shenanigans usually only ever seem to get his personal castle attacked or destroyed. The world of the Sub-Mariner is a mess.
    It's a mess, because of the above ... writers making it a mess for REASONS. Seriously, destroying Atlantis seems to be the only plot modern writers know for Namor. Aaron's the worst. He wrote Namor OOC in a situation that no one else had Namor and Atlantis in at the time (Invaders, Agents of Atlas, KiB, etc); wrote him, and everyone else, making one idiot decision after another, and then suddenly had the Atlanteans abandoning Namor.

Thakorr was a dictator, a pureblood Atlantean, and didn't interact with anyone. Of course he had an easier reign.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I had a chuckle when I read your post. It almost seems like you had already read the dialog of the next panel, or maybe you have Xaviers mental powers and we have been writing this together without me realizing it! I swear this has been already written for months now. LOL
    LOL! We definitely seem to be on the same wavelength this week.

If I could only clone myself so I could produce all this work. LOL At least a version of Thor you might see from me one of these days. At one point I had Thor and Emma Frost as part of the story but I decided against it.
    I bet your Thor would be amazing!

Hey Thor-El, the skin textures on your Namor are really good, I think you've improved since I last saw your art.
    Have to agree!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thakorr was a dictator, a pureblood Atlantean, and didn't interact with anyone. Of course he had an easier reign.
    Well technically Namor is a dictator too, he's an absolute monarch, regardless of how noble his heart. I'm certainly not trying to defend Thakorr, but in comparison to Namor's rule, I could imagine Atlanteans looking back at Thakorr's reign with a much kinder lens then they might have otherwise. If any are alive to look back on it that is. Thakorr was a very old man before isolationism was no longer and option.

The 'roster' of the Defenders was something that shouldn't have worked, but somehow did. At the time, they were the only team that handled the supernatural and the quirky -- but somehow, Marvel just hasn't been able to capture that lightning in the bottle again.
    I think all of the characters meshed well on the Defenders because of the Magic that was captured, whereas they might not have to this degree,

I would have liked to see Namor, SS and Hulk living at the Sanctum on a more regular basis for some of the stories we never got. It would have been great! For example, imagine any one of them answering the door---2 are virtually naked and 1 really is---Doc ordered some extra food delivered for the additional guests--imagine the scene with the delivery person! Then Val comes to see what all the commotion is about.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-04-2021 at 06:54 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Like the FF, Avengers, well at least one of the titles, was a mainstay for my life, many decades.

But I stopped buying it regularly with the recent stories with Ghost Rider as a member and HQ in a Celestial Head. It just seemed meaninglyess to me.

My last, favorite Avengers title was most likely Uncanny Avengers, mostly the issues around Wanda. I loved the Planet X arc too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Oh, I know. I am sure these take a long time to make. Still, these would be fun to see down the road....... might be just what we need in 2022!

But no Emma Frost....the Phoenix does not like Emma...she might get hit with an energy blast... by "accident". Bwahahahaha.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-04-2021 at 07:09 AM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 45 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 4 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 46 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 5 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

Chapter 2 Page 46 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 5 of 24 days of Namor Christmas

WOW! Never has Namor looked mightier!

Mighty Member

Thank you, Doombot. Textures haven't changed from last time, its probably the lighting.

LOL! We definitely seem to be on the same wavelength this week.

I bet your Thor would be amazing!

Have to agree!
    Thank you, Rev.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    WOW! Never has Namor looked mightier!
    Thanks for the comment PX. You haven't seen anything yet.

Mighty Member

Chapter 2 Page 47 from "The Dissection of King Namor" > Day 6 of 24 days of Namor Christmas